Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Achebe wrote: »
    I did, and somebody linked to this idiotic thread full of old farts loudly not understanding things.

I don’t believe it’s that they don’t understand things, A. It’s really more of a “case” of wilful ignorance.

With a dash of anger and stupidity, of course.

The tide is turning…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Yep, seen something earlier about this.:D
    Ten, that's TEN internal 'standup' meetings by the LGBTQAI+/allies (and yes, that's the Spotify internal moniker, no consistency in arguments or bloody abbreviations) employees council or some such sh1t.

The day won't be far away when companies, even the tech giants who revel in this crap, will say to themselves would ya ever fook the fook away!
    Its amazing how many of these groups just don’t like Working! !:D:eek:

People on this site use "woke" like children who discovered a swear word for the first time.
    We Got A Live One:D:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

.anon. wrote: »
    'Woke' seems to have taken over from 'SJW' as the favourite term of absolute crushing bores. A few decades ago, these people would've been standing on railway platforms in the rain, writing down numbers of trains into a well-thumbed feint-ruled notebook, but the internet has given them lots of new and equally dull shit to obsess over. Hard not to read their posts in a John Major-esque nasal monotone.

Woke hasn't replaced SJW, SJW is the congregation and Woke is the religion. SJWs were using the term 'woke' completely un-ironically about people they admired for expressing their faith in public.

I did, and somebody linked to this idiotic thread full of old farts loudly not understanding things.
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement

“ Why doesn’t everybody agree with me about everything ~ ~ meanies " :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Say whaaa'?

Screen%20Shot%202020-09-17%20at%204.14.45%20PM.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    Woke hasn't replaced SJW, SJW is the congregation and Woke is the religion. SJWs were using the term completely unironically about people they admired for expressing their faith in public.

Thanks for the clarification. I always thought 'woke' was a verb, then people (mainly Americans and people who consume too much American stuff) started using it as an adjective, and now it's become a noun - a proper noun, no less. On here though, it has definitely replaced SJW as the favourite overused term of the dullest and most repetitive men on the internet.

.anon. wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarification. I always thought 'woke' was a verb, then people (mainly Americans and people who consume too much American stuff) started using it as an adjective, and now it's become a noun - a proper noun, no less. On here though, it has definitely replaced SJW as the favourite overused term of the dullest and most repetitive men on the internet.

Impressive. I didn't realise boards counted that much against the internet.

Anyway, SJW is still used a lot. Woke is used to include people who might not, necessarily, be considered SJW. So, it's perhaps a phrase with a wider scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I didn't know that Abo was considered offensive. It's a term I use. I'll have to tell my Aussie mates that. They'll probably tell me to **** off 😆

An (Irish) guy I worked with who had spent time in Australia used to say it in a disparaging manner. In fairness he was a genuinely racist and ignorant individual.

• Advertisement

An (Irish) guy I worked with who had spent time in Australia used to say it in a disparaging manner. In fairness he was a genuinely racist and ignorant individual.

It was always considered an offensive term when I was in Brisbane.

Understandably so, considering how the aborigines behaved, with muggings, drunkenness, violence being directly associated with them, especially around the bus/train station. I didn't have any good experiences with them in the cities. Similar to the way Travellers are considered in Ireland. Racist, yes. Ignorant, kinda.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,040 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

blinding wrote: »
    Its amazing how many of these groups just don’t like Working! !:D:eek:

How many is that then? More or less than the number of smileys?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

How many is that then? More or less than the number of smileys?
    The “ Wokers “ ( Woke-ers ) don’t Smile Much :eek::eek:

Tis not a Happy Religion ! ! :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Does anyone have an actual up to date list of the actual things that I am currently not allowed state, say or talk about?

I would just like to be made more "aware" of what my current social coercion levels are at. Just in case I fancy speaking my mind for a change?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Does anyone have an actual up to date list of the actual things that I am currently not allowed state, say or talk about?

I would just like to be made more "aware" of what my current social coercion levels are at. Just in case I fancy speaking my mind for a change?
    Keep your head down, Don’t make Eye Contact , Question Nothing, Decommission your brain ~ ~ ~ If you are very lucky you may be ok for awhile ! !

I heard the "n" word in a rap song live on radio 2 yesterday morning while driving.

I pulled over to " hype A ventilate "

Word to ya mommas......

Just speak whatever way you want to speak (general manners being assumed). The decent people will accept it as normal.. the "sensitive" people will be too uncomfortable to say anything... and you can twist the woke crowd into knots with simple logic.

I refuse to bow to this rubbish.. otherwise it'll continue to grow unchecked.

Just speak whatever way you want to speak (general manners being assumed). The decent people will accept it as normal.. the "sensitive" people will be too uncomfortable to say anything... and you can twist the woke crowd into knots with simple logic.

I refuse to bow to this rubbish.. otherwise it'll continue to grow unchecked.

Yo man yo cheeeeeeeeze iz tasty .

Steada treated we get trix
    steada gisses we get clipped
    Isa ard knock life...

blinding wrote: »
    The “ Wokers “ ( Woke-ers ) don’t Smile Much :eek::eek:

Tis not a Happy Religion ! ! :D:D

Is there such a thing as a happy religion? Must if them are pretty depressing in my book!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I heard the "n" word in a rap song live on radio 2 yesterday morning while driving.

I pulled over to " hype A ventilate "

Word to ya mommas......

Many of those lads are racist motherfeckers.

Ah, now you see theres your problem - 'allowed'!

Just ****in' say it and be damned. As look as your not using n-words or trolling, you don't need permission! (And even then, it's kind of a get area, but you'll look like a bit of a dick!)

Ah, now you see theres your problem - 'allowed'!

Just ****in' say it and be damned. As look as your not using n-words or trolling, you don't need permission! (And even then, it's kind of a get area, but you'll look like a bit of a dick!)

Saaaaaaay What?

What you dogging bout Consuela?

Does that mean we can rip the piss out of famous landmarks associated with Dutch children's stories?

Say yes ( panting like a dog )

Say yes pleeeeeeeeeeeezzzze. ( eyes wide open like an excited puppy )

Can I annihilate the new Star Bucks add campaign?

Say yes say say yes say yes?

Big fat smelly ripping farts. ( shouted loudly and aggressively in a public place )

Saaaaaaay What?

What you dogging bout Consuela?

Stop being a coward and say what you want! These ****wits only stop you if you let them!

Does that mean we can rip the piss out of famous landmarks associated with Dutch children's stories?

Say yes ( panting like a dog )

Say yes pleeeeeeeeeeeezzzze. ( eyes wide open like an excited puppy )

Can I annihilate the new Star Bucks add campaign?

Say yes say say yes say yes?

Big fat smelly ripping farts. ( shouted loudly and aggressively in a public place )

I don't know - can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

It was always considered an offensive term when I was in Brisbane.

Understandably so, considering how the aborigines behaved, with muggings, drunkenness, violence being directly associated with them, especially around the bus/train station. I didn't have any good experiences with them in the cities. Similar to the way Travellers are considered in Ireland. Racist, yes. Ignorant, kinda.

This fella used to come out with stuff like comparing them to apes and claiming that they practise cannibalism.

The worst I ever heard was the term for the boxes of wine you can get in the off license. I was never down there, but seemingly they are colloquially known as " Abo Bags" .Seemingly homeless Australians (as well as Aboriginals :pac::pac: I hope you see what I did there my dear liddle Wokers? ) are renowned for drinking the wine during the day and then refilling the interior bag with air to use as a pillow when sleeping at night. Genius invention really.

102467312-box-wine_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg?imwidth=450Goon-Bag1.jpg

The worst I ever heard was the term for the boxes of wine you can get in the off license. I was never down there, but seemingly they are colloquially known as " Abo Bags" .Seemingly homeless Australians (as well as Aboriginals :pac::pac: I hope you see what I did there my dear liddle Wokers? ) are renowned for drinking the wine during the day and then refilling the interior bag with air to use as a pillow when sleeping at night. Genius invention really.

Never heard them called that. Goon was the normal term. Extremely cheap and awful wine. Some of the worst hangovers I ever had.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/goon-sack-australia#:~:text=In%20Australia%2C%20locals%20call%20cheap,sack%20is%20a%20popular%20pastime.

• Advertisement

Never heard them called that. Goon was the normal term. Extremely cheap and awful wine. Some of the worst hangovers I ever had.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/foods/goon-sack-australia#:~:text=In%20Australia%2C%20locals%20call%20cheap,sack%20is%20a%20popular%20pastime.

" Goon bags " . I love it. :P

Be careful where you share that going forward. ( the terminology as opposed to the wine )

Can you imagine walking into an off license in say Brussels, Liege or Antwerp and asking if they had any " Goons " for sale?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement