Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options
1646566676870»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah I was gutted for Hoffman too.

I love the Phoenix Open. It's different and that makes it special. I hardly ever drink, I think it's five times in eight years and three of those were a couple of bottles on my patio, but I'd love to spend a day on that 16th hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

I'd love to see a mixed tour. The amount of talk about it is an indicator on how soon it's going to happen, but there would be real advantages of it. One of the big ones being that you could have different categories - men, women and overall. So with all the dull finishes we have on the PGA / European tours where one guy has a good lead and no-one ever gets close to him, with a mixed tour there should still be interest in who will win their categories. What would also be interesting is which courses / weather suit the guys and which suit the girls. To me it would add dimensions that would be interesting.

The biggest problem I'd see with it would be the reduction in numbers of men / women playing. You could add a day to the comp and not have everyone play every day before the cut - but 4 day comps are long enough. You could play two courses pre cut. You could just accept that you used to have 150 lads in a field, now you'll have 75. There are ways you could work it, but you could be guaranteed everyone would be unhappy about elements of it. Then there's the qualification criteria, world ranking points and many more problems. Plus the fact that we have a Scandinavian mixed every year and no-one watches it.

But all that said, I'd still like to see it. If they set it up, I'll watch it from time to time.

The LPGA is a great tour in its own right. I watch it regularly.

I think they should have a mixed foursomes/fourball event every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭IrishOwl...

Whatever about the craic in the stands at the 16th, I like that and its something different. Its the rest of the spring break behaviour for the other 17 holes would wear on me very quick...Some of the videos and clips shared from the weekend were ridiculous!

I'm not flying half way across the world, playing all that money to go the event, just to be surround by some over-weight obnoxious a**holes with their tops off, slamming beers and roaring ridiculous quotes after every single shot!

Sorry, rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Trampas

PGA tour will have best viewing numbers of all worldwide golf this year over the next 4 days.

Probably more than liv all year combined

• Advertisement

The commentary blow some smoke up Eldrick backside at times. It’s great about having a cut this week as he is a traditionalist. Max 20 get cut but once you’re in 10 shots you’re in. Might lose around 15 players and you can be sure most probably happy to be going home and work on their game as these players not stuck for money. Tv companies sweating that eldrick makes the cut.

It was nice to see loads of Tiger to try and guage exactly where he's at. Given all the time he's been away from competitive golf it was a very good showing.

Scottie wasn't at his best but still shot 68 with a couple of missed short putts. All he needs is one decent day with the putter she he'll blow the rest of the field away.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Great to watch Tiger last night.

He hit two unbelievable shots on 18.. first a shank from the middle of the fairway (caused by a back spasm he said), and then a miraculous recovery from behind a tree. Almost got the par!

First hole must be up there with one of the easiest starting holes in golf. Could easily be changed to a par 4 for this event

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Riviera looks fantastic on TV. As a result, the Genesis is my favourite tournament outside of the Majors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭4Ad

Is Tiger withdrawing ?

He looks like he is in pain..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Tiger withdraws . What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I'd say he has destroyed the toilet by now. And his jocks.

With the way he was swinging and his walking being ok (for him), it doesn't seem like an injury

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Spieth disqualified for signing for a wrong score

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Strange to see Harrington playing the Korn Ferry this week, but he's started with 3 3s to go from +1 to -2

He's still chasing a Masters ticket and is playing next week as well.

Is Harrington playing the Mexico open? Which is PGA tour

Yes, just a little strength of field joke on my part

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Korn ferry 😂 although looking at the leaderboard I'd forgive you for thinking that!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

5 birdies in 7 for Harrington now, obviously got his scorings boots on today!

I love these tournaments where you have very few, if any, top 20 players.

Those WGC events were great where you'd have a second tournament with none of the top 50 in them.

I'll always watch that over a short field event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Crazy final round by McCarthy, birdies the last 7 holes to get into a playoff with Bhatia, who had to hole a 10 footer himself to make the playoff.

92 putts for the week from McCarthy, mental.

Mccarthy with 7 birdies in a row to almost nick the event (8 on back 9 in total), insane viewing. Bhatia then sinks about a 15 footer to get the playoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭AyeGer

McCarthy with the joint best ever putting week on the PGA Tour with 92 putts for the 4 days.

McCarthy in the water

After all that he chunks it into the water

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

A record round and then chunks it in the drink like an 18 handicapper. You'd wonder if he'll ever get a win at this rate

Akshay is a real talent. That's a huge win for him. He won last year at the Barracuda or the Barbasol not sure which one but definitely one or other but this one is a much bigger win.

Hes so skinny, like a skeleton with a head. 😁

Advertisement