Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options
1656667686971»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,280 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Seemingly withdrew as wasn't feeling well. Hopefully wasn't related to his mental health issues, but nothing confirmed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Very sad, had won this year, top 100 player, engaged to be married. You think some people have it all but I suppose you never really know what's going on in their life.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

would be surprised if it wasn’t related. Struggles with alcohol too. Although according to all the fuckwits on Twitter it was the vaccine 🙄

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just reading up on the Scheffler charges. The officer didn't have his body cam on which he's supposed to. He has quite a few disciplinary fines and penalties including one for 'pursuing a vehicle that did not commit a violent felony or wanted on a warrant'.

I think all Scottie's charges will be dismissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I don't know the history of the cop, the media will try to dig up anything . But as soon as I heard about the body cam not being switched on, there was the grounds for the case to be dismissed, and sure enough it has been. It's like we can sue you, but you can sue us as well, so let's call the whole thing off. You ignore police orders, think you can do what you like, and drag an officer along the road. Well forgive me, if this decision doesn't prove that money talks, as always .

Yet again, money seems to speak and buy you freedom, if you're loaded, regardless of whether you're guilty or not. Just like Trump openly insulting the judge in his trial. If a regular person did that, they'd be locked up on the spot, not handed inconsequential fines which were openly mocked by Trump as well.

Look's like Bob is going to get it done..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,280 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted if he does, rocky start but running along nicely now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Trampas

it’s going to upset a few around here if he does do it. Sky will be all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭bobster453

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Bob wins

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

No. Care to elaborate more than throwing out an insult?

Delighted for Bob and to have his dad on the bag it's what dreams are made of.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Great to see Bob break through over there. He could go on a roll now. He was talking about a change of attitude, being calmer and not getting upset by bad shots as being the key to his improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭AyeGer

I’m glad Bob won in the end, he bogeyed a couple midway through the back 9 and it could have went south for him very fast, settled himself back down then thankfully. He was clearly nervous, looked pale in the face and obvious signs of stress in his expression. He did well to deal with those nerves.

I haven't been on this thread for a couple of days and missed this beauty.

A cop with a brutal disciplinary record turns off his body cam and somehow attached himself to a car. Attaching yourself to a car is not advised by any police authority.

Scottie Scheffler never did anything wrong in his life. This is the guy who insisted that Ted Scott, his caddie, was at home on the Saturday of the PGA Championship for his daughter's graduation. I don't know of any other golfer who would do that.

The first thought that came to my mind when I heard he attached himself to the car was that he was looking for a handy payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Maybe all the Sky hype was justified after all, delighted for him, wonder will this give him the confidence to win a lot more, hopefully. Loved the way he dismissed playing the Memorial just after being told he qualified 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭big_drive

Was delighted for MacIntyre , followed him for a few holes when the Irish open was in Mount Juliet and he came across as pure sound. Apart from Lowry he's the other golfer who to me comes across as pure ordinary

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭bobster453

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭coillcam

The videos of the incident with Scotty are at complete odds with the nonsense statement given by the police officer. Yer man tried to run after Scotty who was barely crawling along. It's made out that he drove off from the cop, dragging the cop and ripping his uniform. He barely could hear yer man let alone see clearly what was happening. As soon as he clocked what was happened he stopped, apologised and complied. There was no dragging or refusing to obey orders.

The cop was obviously bullshitting the whole thing. Only for Scotty's profile, some videos and media scrutiny the trumped up (fantasy) charges could well have stuck. The level of delusion and self centred nature of the cop's media statement are telling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭coillcam

Fair play to Bob. There'll be some seshion for the next week. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Looks like the pga cards for the dp top players give them a proper shot to establish themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Trampas

Didnt realise this one had a cut in it. Good to see even if it just cuts 10-15 players.

Seems to be removed from app now

Post edited by Trampas on

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Dan Steely

Sky have stopped Red button Golf Choice on Sky+HD boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Spieth has been absolutely awful this year, not even in the top 50 of the FedEx Cup. He looks lost every time I watch him play. Possibly has an injured wrist which might explain it.

Advertisement