Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

If you explain how partition or almost 70 years of a sectarian bigoted statlet was acceptable to anyone.

War/conflict is never an improvement, it is the failure of people that results in war/conflict and should never be celebrated by anybody.
    But it is...but seemingly it is only ok for certain people to do it...generally the winners.

Take your faux outrage about one sides actions somewhere else, somebody might tut tut with you.
    I will continue to believe that it was ALL wrong, from the beginning and work to create a society where it doesn't happen again.

You didn’t explain how torture of Nationalists by the IRA improved the lot of people up there, or brought a UI closer.

Avoiding having to do any serious reflection of your ambivalence towards the glorification of murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,598 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    You are the one who talks about celebrating killings, not me.

Who was celebrating 'killing'?

The fact is events were people died are celebrated all the time...we turn a blind eye to the fact that people died and celebrate acts of war all the time.

You didn’t explain how torture of Nationalists by the IRA improved the lot of people up there, or brought a UI closer.

Avoiding having to do any serious reflection of your ambivalence towards the glorification of murder.

I don't and never have glorified murder...I wear neither a lily or a poppy and again and again have said that what happened on this island was wrong, from the beginning.

Have you said that or is your outrage reserved for one set of events. Let's hear you for a change condemn it all right from the cause - partition.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Bit of light reading for you, horse

https://irishpeaceprocess.blog/2018/08/29/the-iras-youngest-torture-victim/

Storey was involved in this. A man so loved by SF leadership they traveled up with hundreds of supporters during lockdown to attend his fake funeral. A 15 year old child with a learning disability. Jesus.

You’re the lads who have to defend these actions.

It's a blog, not evidence.

Wasn't a fake funeral, he really did die.

I don't have to defend jack****.

I don't and never have glorified murder...I wear neither a lily or a poppy and again and again have said that what happened on this island was wrong, from the beginning.

Have you said that or is your outrage reserved for one set of events. Let's hear you for a change condemn it all right from the cause - partition.

Should the SF southern command team have traveled to Belfast to attend the funeral of the psychopath Bobby Storey?

A man who was involved in the torture of children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Who was celebrating 'killing'?

The fact is events were people died are celebrated all the time...we turn a blind eye to the fact that people died and celebrate acts of war all the time.

No Francie, you use the word celebration, because that is what you do. The rest of us use the word commemoration.

There is a difference.
    People, real people died at the Battle Of The Boyne.
    Real people died in the War of Independence.
    Thousands of real people died unnecessary deaths in Cologne and Dresden.

But we allow people to remember and celebrate those events. In the case of some, it is insisted that they be allowed to remember them.

Usual side of the mouth democracy going on with the latest faux outrage.

No Francie, you use the word celebration, because that is what you do. The rest of us use the word commemoration.

There is a difference.

The OO and their loyalist mates celebrate the 12th of July, they do not commemorate it.

Should the SF southern command team have traveled to Belfast to attend the funeral of the psychopath Bobby Storey?

A man who was involved in the torture of children.

Thousands turned up at that funeral, why wouldn't his political party members go?

Do you never doubt the propaganda you digest?
    This would be like me rocking up to these forums and questioning why Unionist people turned up in their thousands to bury Ian Paisley, because they felt he had represented and achieved for them.

Storey, even to the most jaundiced eye was revered in his community, and was NOT seen as a 'psychopath'.

You bandy the phrase around like 'terrorist' - until it is meaningless.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    The OO and their loyalist mates celebrate the 12th of July, they do not commemorate it.

I don’t think you’ll find anyone glorifying the bigotry of the OO on these pages, dude. Or excusing the actions of loyalist paramilitaries.

Anyone who celebrates killing is wrong, thankfully they are not down here looking for my vote. I am not going to defend them in any way. They would get the same short shrift as Sinn Fein.

• Advertisement

There is a difference.

Of course you use it in relation to the 12th because you want to engage in disingenuaous high moral grounding.

The rest of us who have experience of the actual 12th know it is a celebration. A 'celebration' so enthusiastic a special Parades Commission had to be established to stop them enflaming and intimidating communities with their 'respectful commemorations'.

You disgrace yourself again blanch at the expense of fellow Irish people who have endured decades of this 'commemoration'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

Bit of light reading for you, horse

https://irishpeaceprocess.blog/2018/08/29/the-iras-youngest-torture-victim/

Storey was involved in this. A man so loved by SF leadership they traveled up with hundreds of supporters during lockdown to attend his fake funeral. A 15 year old child with a learning disability. Jesus.

You’re the lads who have to defend these actions.

Jesus that is horrific. Yeah its sad that anybody can defend this type of stuff. "oh it was war" ...will you ever **** off i say.

AS you say its on their conscious and morality that they choose to defend the scum who did this action.

Anyone who celebrates killing is wrong, thankfully they are not down here looking for my vote. I am not going to defend them in any way. They would get the same short shrift as Sinn Fein.

Francie suggested the Battle Of The Boyne was celebrated but you said it was commemorated which it's not - it's the biggest celebration in the north.

Thousands turned up at that funeral, why wouldn't his political party members go?

This would be like me rocking up to these forums and questioning why Unionist people turned up in their thousands to bury Ian Paisley, because they felt he had represented and achieved for them.

Storey, even to the most jaundiced eye was revered in his community, and was NOT seen as a 'psychopath'.

How do you know that? Maybe the large crowd was there to make sure he was dead.

However, if you are right, don't you think it is more than a little concerning that a man known for the torture of kids, the murder of innocent people and a raging bully is revered in a community? What does that say about that community?

Storey was a psychopath. A man devoid of feelings of remorse, regret, or sympathy for the very many victims of his years as a hard man for the IRA. Dead children, mutilation, terrorisation of his own community, disappearing people.

He was a psychopath, Francie.

I don’t think you’ll find anyone glorifying the bigotry of the OO on these pages, dude. Or excusing the actions of loyalist paramilitaries.

You guys and your 'silence' on the collusion and bigotry and sectarianism of the other players says all we need to know.

'Silence' plays a massive part in excusing actions. Take Charlie and his concerns about the messenger and not the content of the Unquiet Graves.

Take 5 minutes and imagine yourself into the shoes of one of the bereaved and what that says about what you went through...go on, try, if you have a smidgeon of genuine concern.

Storey was a psychopath. A man devoid of feelings of remorse, regret, or sympathy for the very many victims of his years as a hard man for the IRA. Dead children, mutilation, terrorisation of his own community, disappearing people.

Just as well you didn't go to the funeral then.

You guys and your 'silence' on the collusion and bigotry and sectarianism of the other players says all we need to know.

'Silence' plays a massive part in excusing actions. Take Charlie and his concerns about the messenger and not the content of the Unquiet Graves.

Take 5 minutes and imagine yourself into the shoes of one of the bereaved and what that says about what you went through...go on, try, if you have a smidgeon of genuine concern.

It’s the hierarchy of victim hood, dude. No one is excusing the actions of loyalist terrorists, state collusion, or minimising the stories of their victims.

You don’t get to create levels for this stuff though. If you think Kingsmill was somehow less abhorrent than Lenny Murphy and the Shankill butchers then you really need to examine your thinking on this.

You don’t have to jump through these ideological hoops if you aren’t a SF supporter.

Again, which bit of "they are not looking for my vote", do you not understand? The OO are not players in my country, Ireland. They are in Northern Ireland, a different country.

I don't go around condemning the KKK in every post, neither do I rant about Farage's party, or the right-wing fascist parties in Poland, Germany and France, not to mention constantly going on about the North Koreans, the Cubans and the Venezuelans, though they are all allies of Sinn Fein at one time or another. Those organisations and parties share a common thread with the OO, they are not looking for my vote.

Sinn Fein are looking for my vote, hence the attention paid to them. If any of the others come looking for my vote, you needn't worry, I will post about their threat to my democracy as well.

How do you know that? Maybe the large crowd was there to make sure he was dead.

However, if you are right, don't you think it is more than a little concerning that a man known for the torture of kids, the murder of innocent people and a raging bully is revered in a community? What does that say about that community?

I know it because I took the time to listen to what people were saying blanch. I didn't dispassionately consume some propaganda about him.

I did the same about the likes of Paisley or Billy Wright, also revered in their communities. I didn't form my opinion by reading republican propaganda.

It is classic post war/conflict stuff. Those who fought are revered and those on the other side vilified and hated. Same since the beginning of time, look at the memorials across the world for instance.

• Advertisement

Again, which bit of "they are not looking for my vote", do you not understand? The OO are not players in my country, Ireland. They are in Northern Ireland, a different country.

I don't go around condemning the KKK in every post, neither do I rant about Farage's party, or the right-wing fascist parties in Poland, Germany and France, not to mention constantly going on about the North Koreans, the Cubans and the Venezuelans, though they are all allies of Sinn Fein at one time or another. Those organisations and parties share a common thread with the OO, they are not looking for my vote.

Sinn Fein are looking for my vote, hence the attention paid to them. If any of the others come looking for my vote, you needn't worry, I will post about their threat to my democracy as well.

So why was Charlie commenting at all...he is looking for your votes.

Stop with the nonsense please. It is a tired excuse for your blind eye.

I know it because I took the time to listen to what people were saying blanch. I didn't dispassionately consume some propaganda about him.

I did the same about the likes of Paisley or Billy Wright, also revered in their communities. I didn't form my opinion by reading republican propaganda.

It is classic post war/conflict stuff. Those who fought are revered and those on the other side vilified and hated. Same since the beginning of time, look at the memorials across the world for instance.

And I was disgusted by the reverence shown to the likes of Wright as well.

You excuse such reverence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Why do FG have their knickers in a twist about a documentary lifting the slates on state collusion? I thought they wanted to seek the truth? Nah, the finer details of a very dark and complex conflict doesn't suit their Punch and Judy political agenda south of Newry. This documentary wasn't focus grouped to an inch of its life and doesn't serve their needs.

Johnny's more hot under the collar than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

johnny

did you know him personally ? did you ever meet him and why did do many local people feel they needed to turn up to pay respects when he died..

Yurt! wrote: »
    Why do FG have their knickers in a twist about a documentary lifting the slates on state collusion? I thought they wanted to seek the truth? Nah, the finer details of a very dark and complex conflict doesn't suit their Punch and Judy political agenda south of Newry. This documentary wasn't focus grouped to an inch of its life and doesn't serve their needs.

Johnny's more hot under the collar than usual.

Because Charlie doesn't like people having a go at his mate Drew, the guy who tried his best to block the victims families getting to the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Because Charlie doesn't like people having a go at his mate Drew, the guy who tried his best to block the victims families getting to the truth.

Think you might be getting closer to source of their high-levels of irritability the past week.

afro man wrote: »
    johnny

did you know him personally ? did you ever meet him and why did do many local people feel they needed to turn up to pay respects when he died..

Bobby Storey was a man who had no issue with torturing children, robbing banks, disappearing people from his own neighbourhood, or organising a clean up of a pub after someone was sliced open from their neck to their torso for getting on the wrong side of another IRA thug.

He was a psychopath. And SF bussed up hundreds of fat men in white shirts and black ties to his fake funeral during lockdown.

You don’t have to justify this sort of thing if you aren’t a SF supporter. We automatically have the high ground on stuff like this.

And I was disgusted by the reverence shown to the likes of Wright as well.

You excuse such reverence.

No, I accept the reverence of people on both sides. Because that is what happens in conflict/war societies, during and after. People have to be allowed to remember their dead.

I notice you didn't include Paisley there. Interesting in itself.

No, I accept the reverence of people on both sides. Because that is what happens in conflict/war societies, during and after. People have to be allowed to remember their dead.

I notice you didn't include Paisley there. Interesting in itself.

Billy Wright and Storey were two of a kind. Pyschopathic thugs in the background, with no care for people or life or decency. The world is better off without them.

I don't excuse or explain any celebration or commemoration or funeral of either of them. You excuse the funeral of Storey, that is the difference between us. Then you try and obfuscate, deflect and deny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Bobby Storey was a man who had no issue with torturing children, robbing banks, disappearing people from his own neighbourhood, or organising a clean up of a pub after someone was sliced open from their neck to their torso for getting on the wrong side of another IRA thug.

He was a psychopath. And SF bussed up hundreds of fat men in white shirts and black ties to his fake funeral during lockdown.

You don’t have to justify this sort of thing if you aren’t a SF supporter. We automatically have the high ground on stuff like this.

Johnny
    im sure Storey was involved in some Horrible things ,, but to try and say everybody at funeral was bussed in by SF Is embarrassing yourself.
    Once again I ask the Question why were so many local People even from the same Neighbourhood at his Funeral to pay their respect to Him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement