Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Truthvader wrote: »
    Because anyone who wont support the Sinn Fein IRA fascist project must want conflict/war. See the same stupid comment about a ceiling been repeated.

You may well be right however and the normal democratic parties may be on the way out. And it may be fun for people like yourself to watch. Dont think it will be as much fun if and when the Sinn Fein thugs take over but sure they will have "no choice" but to infect the entire state with their stupid nationalsm and their mafia agenda. Monaghan will be awash with tawdry tricolours and drunken thugs staggering about the streets. It'll be great altogether.

"The graves stood tenantless and the sheeted dead
    Did squeak and gibber in the Roman streets."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You asked the question.

Partition and how it was done has made the place ungovernable by itself. It needs the constant supervision of two sovereign states to function.
    Yes there is fault in that. It is inescapable.

It now affects how Britain wants to proceed in the world and is a threat to our island's health and general wellbeing societally.

You guys want to ignore that and hope it goes away. Sadly, regardless of your own bigotry as expressed in Truthvader's eloquent summary that is not going to happen.

You should know that the constant blaming of SF will go nowhere if you took any lessons from the last election campaign. The Irish people are not stupid.

Aren't they?
    I'd call the Storey funeral not just stupid but ludicrous at the time it took place.
    Today's numbers are a reflection of that I think.
    It has happened here too BTW, the golf gate incident took away people's faith on the public health message.
    Made them think it perhaps wasn't as bad as politicians would have us believe, or one law for the one for us sort of attitude.
    But the responsibility must be borne by these people, not shodded or fobbed off on blaming everyone else.
    I wish the people of NI well, like ourselves they are in a health crisis, I hope their politicians show leadership and make good decisions for them from here on.
    They haven't shown it up to now.
    Also if you are looking for bigotry, read your own posts;).

• Registered Users Posts: 27,463 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Just wondering here if a, popular party's day out at a funeral had anything to do with this.
    If not the spread at least the message of staying at home and your distance.
    Anyway, very disturbing and needs governing.
    But is there any govt in Northern Ireland capable of handling it?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1002/1168952-covid-northern-ireland/

"Yesterday, First Minister Arlene Foster said any new period of full lockdown in Northern Ireland should only happen as part of a co-ordinated move across the UK.

Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill said a lockdown, if it were to be required, should be undertaken across the island of Ireland."

Those two sentences are the crux of it all. The two sectarian parties have shown once again that they are unfit to govern. They couldn't manage a parochial hall between them.

Just get on and solve Northern Ireland's problems instead of forever looking to someone else - whether that be Dublin or London - to solve them for you. The whingers on here who complain about partition are as bad. Northern Ireland is bigger than Cyprus, Malta and some of the Baltics. They can manage themselves without a problem, just get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,183 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Aren't they?
    I'd call the Storey funeral not just stupid but ludicrous at the time it took place.
    Today's numbers are a reflection of that I think.
    It has happened here too BTW, the golf gate incident took away people's faith on the public health message.
    Made them think it perhaps wasn't as bad as politicians would have us believe, or one law for the one for us sort of attitude.
    But the responsibility must be borne by these people, not shodded or fobbed off on blaming everyone else.
    I wish the people of NI well, like ourselves they are in a health crisis, I hope their politicians show leadership and make good decisions for them from here on.
    They haven't shown it up to now.
    Also if you are looking for bigotry, read your own posts;).

I write my own posts, and as far as I am concerned they are bigoted towards the belligerents who have destabilised this island.

I still see no reason why you would lay the lack of a government capable of dealing with a crisis of this magnitude at any one party's door.

yes SF were wrong about the funeral and made a mistake but to attribute today's number's to that is wrong.

There has been a divisive split since the very beginning and a resistance to an all island approach.
    Why is that the case? Because of the issues surrounding partition. Comes back to that every single time. Just as the issues surrounding Brexit for us and indeed Britain come back to it.

Will that factor into people's thinking if there was a border poll, it most certainly will IMO.

But sure you blame the Shinners going to a funeral. Good luck on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

blanch152 wrote: »
    "Yesterday, First Minister Arlene Foster said any new period of full lockdown in Northern Ireland should only happen as part of a co-ordinated move across the UK.

Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill said a lockdown, if it were to be required, should be undertaken across the island of Ireland."

Those two sentences are the crux of it all. The two sectarian parties have shown once again that they are unfit to govern. They couldn't manage a parochial hall between them.

Just get on and solve Northern Ireland's problems instead of forever looking to someone else - whether that be Dublin or London - to solve them for you. The whingers on here who complain about partition are as bad. Northern Ireland is bigger than Cyprus, Malta and some of the Baltics. They can manage themselves without a problem, just get on with it.

Zero chance. The two sides are consumed by hatred. That is what they are hoping to export to the South. Look at the campaign run against the Garda Commissioner as a prime example. Sadly the Northern Unionist have nothing in common with the UK and the Nationalists have nothing in common with people from the South. Exactly like each other though.

• Advertisement

Zero chance. The two sides are consumed by hatred. That is what they are hoping to export to the South. Look at the campaign run against the Garda Commissioner as a prime example. Sadly the Northern Unionist have nothing in common with the UK and the Nationalists have nothing in common with people from the South. Exactly like each other though.

The bigotry of the partitionist. Just as bad as any other bigotry.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Partition seems to be protecting us from several infections. codid, Loyalist bigotry, toxic Nationalism, Orange Eejitry of multiple kinds and of course the ingrained sectarian hatred that runs through the province on both sides

the abomination of partition is what caused all of that, and we weren't ultimately protected from the consequences of it nor will we ever be while it exists.

Because anyone who wont support the Sinn Fein IRA fascist project must want conflict/war. See the same stupid comment about a ceiling been repeated.

You may well be right however and the normal democratic parties may be on the way out. And it may be fun for people like yourself to watch. Dont think it will be as much fun if and when the Sinn Fein thugs take over but sure they will have "no choice" but to infect the entire state with their stupid nationalsm and their mafia agenda. Monaghan will be awash with tawdry tricolours and drunken thugs staggering about the streets. It'll be great altogether.

there is no sinn fein IRA fascist project.
    the IRA died in 1998 and sf are liberalists and modernists, not fascists nor thugs.
    when the modernists are finally elected, which they will be, ireland will go from strength to strength, as sinn fein know what the people want and need, and will deliver, because they know they absolutely have to do so.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

The bigotry of the partitionist. Just as bad as any other bigotry.

Whats "a partitionist" Francie?

You are IMO.

You are also doing what Punch magazine and so many have done in the past, depicting a wide and diverse community as almost sub human and worthy of being ignored.

the abomination of partition is what caused all of that, and we weren't ultimately protected from the consequences of it nor will we ever be while it exists.

there is no sinn fein IRA fascist project.
    the IRA died in 1998 and sf are liberalists and modernists, not fascists nor thugs.
    when the modernists are finally elected, which they will be, ireland will go from strength to strength, as sinn fein know what the people want and need, and will deliver, because they know they absolutely have to do so.

Oh yeah I saw all the liberalists and modernists at the pretendy funeral for the dead thug Bobby Storey..Oh hang on.... thats not right ......I saw a seedy budget stormtrooper fascist party display

Why would you take the time to post such drivel?

As to a future controlled by Sinn Fein; like Boris and Trump it seems to be the season for flakey populist chancers so you may well get your wish. I would expect similar results with the added element of the criminal thuggery Sinn Fein bring with them.

• Advertisement

You are IMO.

You are also doing what Punch magazine and so many have done in the past, depicting a wide and diverse community as almost sub human and worthy of being ignored.

Again what is "a partitionist" Francie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭jh79

Defunct term ever since the IRA's surrender and SF's acceptance of British sovereignty in NI.

jh79 wrote: »
    Defunct term ever since the IRA's surrender and SF's acceptance of British sovereignty in NI.

That little mistruth (they accepted the right of the majority to chose who to govern) has been used as a way to salve the conscience of those who hate to be defined by a perfectly logical term.
    You favour the contination of partition = you are partitionist.

I write my own posts, and as far as I am concerned they are bigoted towards the belligerents who have destabilised this island.

I still see no reason why you would lay the lack of a government capable of dealing with a crisis of this magnitude at any one party's door.

yes SF were wrong about the funeral and made a mistake but to attribute today's number's to that is wrong.

There has been a divisive split since the very beginning and a resistance to an all island approach.
    Why is that the case? Because of the issues surrounding partition. Comes back to that every single time. Just as the issues surrounding Brexit for us and indeed Britain come back to it.

Will that factor into people's thinking if there was a border poll, it most certainly will IMO.

The bit in bold is the problem. Like Michelle, like other short-sighted nationalists, like the sectarian party of Sinn Fein, you only see events through the lens of a united Ireland. Everything should be on an all-island approach. If Trump was President in the South and deciding Covid policy, that would be ok, so long as Northern Ireland was following in his footsteps.

Ditto Arlene with her slavish adherence to the London line.

As a result of the two squabbling childish sectarian parties, we get numbers like today. Hopefully, the Northern Ireland electorate will wake up and realise that both Dublin and London are performing better when it comes to managing Covid-19 and ask the very straightforward question as to why their two sectarian parties can't agree on what is best for Northern Ireland, instead of just wanting what Dublin have or what London have.

A plague on both their houses (SF and DUP, that is). I don't lay the blame for the current mess in Northern Ireland at any one party's door, the two sectarian parties are to blame. Is it any wonder that most of us down here don't want any truck with either of them.

The bit in bold is the problem. Like Michelle, like other short-sighted nationalists, like the sectarian party of Sinn Fein, you only see events through the lens of a united Ireland. Everything should be on an all-island approach. If Trump was President in the South and deciding Covid policy, that would be ok, so long as Northern Ireland was following in his footsteps.

Ditto Arlene with her slavish adherence to the London line.

As a result of the two squabbling childish sectarian parties, we get numbers like today. Hopefully, the Northern Ireland electorate will wake up and realise that both Dublin and London are performing better when it comes to managing Covid-19 and ask the very straightforward question as to why their two sectarian parties can't agree on what is best for Northern Ireland, instead of just wanting what Dublin have or what London have.

A plague on both their houses (SF and DUP, that is). I don't lay the blame for the current mess in Northern Ireland at any one party's door, the two sectarian parties are to blame. Is it any wonder that most of us down here don't want any truck with either of them.

Despite it being pointed out to you and even having links posted for your education you sre still clueless (I suspect willfully) about how the north is governed and why it is that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Gerry Kelly won't be able to kneecap the virus.

That little mistruth (they accepted the right of the majority to chose who to govern) has been used as a way to salve the conscience of those who hate to be defined by a perfectly logical term.

You label to dehumanise as usual, we could all sink to that level.

You support a sectarian party in the North = you are bigoted.

But hey, we won't go there.

Despite it being pointed out to you and even having links posted for your education you sre still clueless (I suspect willfully) about how the north is governed and why it is that way.

We all know why and how it is that way, the child-like politicians can't do it themselves. But you know what I mean, the sooner the Northern Ireland electorate wake up and vote out the two sectarian parties, the better. It is tragic that it is Covid-19 that may bring that day closer, it should happen regardless.

OK understood. And you are correct I do favour the continuation of partition. This is a legitimate position and not the insult you seem to think it is. I am aware that under the GFA that it may end and I will have to accept the end of partition if and when it happens. Given the primitive tribal and triumphalist be behaviour of the Sinn Fein mob when they managed a mere 25% of the vote in the South I expect the end of partition will be accompanied by a much worse display of atavistic nationalism and street thuggery in the North which will provoke a new campaign of murder and savagery on the part of the same criminal thug element on the Loyalist side who have "no choice"

Why dont you print out this post and file it away for a few years and if and when partition ends we can see did I call it right.

If you wanted to end partition in a functional way perhaps not murdering the community you expect to join a United Ireland might have been a more intelligent start.

So yeah I do favour partition

I do blame them on that unashamedly.
    Wreckless, and that party wants to govern here.
    And its the members of that party South of the border I'm laying it on mostly.
    They set a precedent for down here too.
    Their leader and top spokesperson this side of the border were there.
    Laughing in the face of restrictions and citizens both sides of the border.

You label to dehumanise as usual, we could all sink to that level.

You support a sectarian party in the North = you are bigoted.

But hey, we won't go there.

No, I label to describe, just as I do when I refer to unionists, republicans, nationalists, communists etc etc. You object because you don't like the description. Your problem.

SF do not have a sectarian policy that I am aware of, can you point to one?

We all know why and how it is that way, the child-like politicians can't do it themselves. But you know what I mean, the sooner the Northern Ireland electorate wake up and vote out the two sectarian parties, the better. It is tragic that it is Covid-19 that may bring that day closer, it should happen regardless.

Patronise the electorate again just because you detest the result.

Yes, we know it is that way because it was designed to favour an artificially created majority which turned out to be a sectarian bigoted majority. Take the rest of the problems from there.

What we have now is a unique 5 party coalition overseen by two sovereign governments which is meant to find consensus. But if one party digs it heels in then that consensus can not be found. See the outset of the pandemic for evidence of what happens when one party wishes to go against the consensus opinion or see Brexit or rights issues or legacy issues. SF have blame there too, but not on the level of, a now, world renowned party made up of the remnants of that bigoted sectarian state.
    It is all there if you have eyes to see it.

• Advertisement

I do blame them on that unashamedly.
    Wreckless, and that party wants to govern here.
    And its the members of that party South of the border I'm laying it on mostly.
    They set a precedent for down here too.
    Their leader and top spokesperson this side of the border were there.
    Laughing in the face of restrictions and citizens both sides of the border.

I suppose you'll be blaming them for Golfgate next?

Far as I can see, they made a mistake with the funeral and have accepted what it caused and like everyone else who has transgressed (at this stage there are many) apologised and got behind the health campaigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭jh79

I suppose you'll be blaming them for Golfgate next?

Far as I can see, they made a mistake with the funeral and have accepted what it caused and like everyone else who has transgressed (at this stage there are many) apologised and got behind the health campaigns.

Has MLD apologised? I only remember MON doing so.

jh79 wrote: »
    Has MLD apologised? I only remember MON doing so.

As far back as June.

https://extra.ie/2020/07/03/news/irish-news/mary-lou-mcdonald-michelle-oneill-funeral-apology

Nope, apologies for hurt caused but not for attending.

Nope, apologies for hurt caused but not for attending.

Why would you want anyone to apologise for attending a funeral? Bizarre.

Why would you want anyone to apologise for attending a funeral? Bizarre.

I thought you said earlier you thought they were wrong to attend!
    Bizarre

I thought you said earlier you thought they were wrong to attend!
    Bizarre

I said they got the funeral wrong and made mistakes. I would never criticise anyone for attending a funeral, either a state one or of a fellow party member.

I, or nobody else, criticised the state funeral for the exact same breaches because I have some human decency and empathy.

I said they got the funeral wrong and made mistakes. I would never criticise anyone for attending a funeral, either a state one or of a fellow party member.

I, or nobody else, criticised the state funeral for the exact same breaches because I have some human decency and empathy.

Sorry you're a hypocrite. If they were wrong on any level then they should apologise for the wrong.
    Apologising for hurt caused is not admitting wrong.
    Apologise for the wrong.
    They were wrong in both attending and the way it was handled imo.
    But the offered no consequence for their actions in any case.
    The hurt apology rings false, because it implies if it were tomoro they'd do it again.

Sorry you're a hypocrite. If they were wrong on any level then they should apologise for the wrong.
    Apologising for hurt caused is not admitting wrong.
    Apologise for the wrong.
    They were wrong in both attending and the way it was handled imo.
    But the offered no consequence for their actions in any case.
    The hurt apology rings false, because it implies if it were tomoro they'd do it again.

Of course it rings false...you are opposed to them funeral or no funeral.

They didn't break any rules or directives by attending, therefore asking for them to apologise for that is wrong. Jesus, have you lost all sense of proportion here?

• Advertisement

Of course it rings false...you are opposed to them funeral or no funeral.

They didn't break any rules or directives by attending, therefore asking for them to apologise for that is wrong. Jesus, have you lost all sense of proportion here?

We will see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement