Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

blanch152 wrote: »
    Billy Wright and Storey were two of a kind. Pyschopathic thugs in the background, with no care for people or life or decency. The world is better off without them.

I don't excuse or explain any celebration or commemoration or funeral of either of them. You excuse the funeral of Storey, that is the difference between us. Then you try and obfuscate, deflect and deny.

They were not two of a kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,131 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Billy Wright and Storey were two of a kind. Pyschopathic thugs in the background, with no care for people or life or decency. The world is better off without them.

I don't excuse or explain any celebration or commemoration or funeral of either of them. You excuse the funeral of Storey, that is the difference between us. Then you try and obfuscate, deflect and deny.

And you are silent on other events, like FG ignoring what happened here, Dublin/Monaghan for instance. You have NO issue voting for them. you excuse, obfuscate deflect and deny about that too.

I don't 'excuse' any of the violence, either by being silent or vocally. I believe it was all wrong from the start. That is the real difference between us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

grayzer75 wrote: »
    They were not two of a kind.

Explain the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

And you are silent on other events, like FG ignoring what happened here, Dublin/Monaghan for instance. You have NO issue voting for them. you excuse, obfuscate deflect and deny about that too.

I don't 'excuse' any of the violence, either by being silent or vocally. I believe it was all wrong from the start. That is the real difference between us.

Not true. You have repeatedly posted that Sinn Fein IRA thugs had no choice but to murder and cripple other people. That is the excuse you have provided for the violence again and again and again

Truthvader wrote: »
    Not true. You have repeatedly posted that Sinn Fein IRA thugs had no choice but to murder and cripple other people. That is the excuse you have provided for the violence again and again and again

Reasons are not excuses Truth. Unless you want them to be.

The reason Loyalists killed is because of their deep hatred for Catholiscism. They believed they had no choice either.

That is not 'excusing it'. this kind of thing happens in every conflict/war since the begining of time. In order to be able to kill somebody, either by roadside bomb or a bomb dropped from 10,000 you must first be able to de-humanise them, see them as animals (dogs etc...sound familiar in any way?)

Everyone who killed was wrong, whether they had choice or not. And creating the circumstances, whether that was the promotion of hate for another religion or ignoring an oppressive and violent state was wrong too.

I.E. It was ALL wrong from the beginning. Something we STILL have not heard you guys say yet.

• Advertisement

Reasons are not excuses Truth. Unless you want them to be.

The reason Loyalists killed is because of their deep hatred for Catholiscism. They believed they had no choice either.

That is not 'excusing it'. this kind of thing happens in every conflict/war since the begining of time. In order to be able to kill somebody, either by roadside bomb or a bomb dropped from 10,000 you must first be able to de-humanise them, see them as animals (dogs etc...sound familiar in any way?)

Everyone who killed was wrong, whether they had choice or not. And creating the circumstances, whether that was the promotion of hate for another religion or ignoring an oppressive and violent state was wrong too.

I.E. It was ALL wrong from the beginning. Something we STILL have not heard you guys say yet.

Again simply not true. Every poster bar the Sinn Fein IRA supporters has made it clear that every criminal from whatever side should ideally be in prison. You claim that they had no choice (now twisting this ridiculous excuse into a reason) or you run to the GFA and claim its all over and we should move on (except of course for Loyalist thuggery like the Dublin Monaghan bombings which we should cling on to forever and track down the guilty). Actually agree with you on that point but unfortunately would also be going after Gerry Adams and his murder gang too.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Again simply not true. Every poster bar the Sinn Fein IRA supporters has made it clear that every criminal from whatever side should ideally be in prison. You claim that they had no choice (now twisting this ridiculous excuse into a reason) or you run to the GFA and claim its all over and we should move on (except of course for Loyalist thuggery like the Dublin Monaghan bombings which we should cling on to forever and track down the guilty). Actually agree with you on that point but unfortunately would also be going after Gerry Adams and his murder gang too.

No they haven't made anything clear.

let's see you type it...That it was 'all wrong from the beginning'. That the circumstances for conflict/war should never have arisen and a sectarian bigoted states operations ignored by those responsible'.

We are going to need big jails.

I voted for the GFA, ALL of it, not just the parts that suit my bias (which is an Irish bias) Part of that was the committment to legacy issues.
    All of the legacy issues...Britain and Unionism refuse to take part in that - truth recovery - so Dublin Monaghan will always be under investigation, just as alleged crimes of the IRA are.

You, as always want things your way only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

waste of time Francie. they have no interest other than to shout 'sinn fein /IRA' as often as possible, just like their Unionist gods in the north. If any of the usual AOBSF bunch had ever lived through it and had the same hassles the average catholic/nationalist had they'd change their tune. Thing is - they didnt, so you may as well debate with a lorry load of bricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

maccored wrote: »
    waste of time Francie. they have no interest other than to shout 'sinn fein /IRA' as often as possible, just like their Unionist gods in the north. If any of the usual AOBSF bunch had ever lived through it and had the same hassles the average catholic/nationalist had they'd change their tune. Thing is - they didnt, so you may as well debate with a lorry load of bricks.

Rubbish, and you know it. The likes of Francie didn't live through it.

How would you know that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

How would you know that?

I am not going to wade through the hundreds of your posts to find the ones where you talk about Monaghan and growing up there. You also claimed in a recent post to be just the wrong side of 50, which puts you at best 1 when the terrorist campaign kicked off in the late 1960s.

I am not going to wade through the hundreds of your posts to find the ones where you talk about Monaghan and growing up there. You also claimed in a recent post to be just the wrong side of 50, which puts you at best 1 when the terrorist campaign kicked off in the late 1960s.

The 'wrong side' of 50 is closer to 60 IMO.

My town was bombed 3 times, unsuccessfully 4 or 5 times more. We had over 80 full time gardai in a town of almost 3000 and permanent encampments of Irish troops. I also spent time working in Derry and Fermanagh.
    I most certainly 'lived through it'.

Stop talking rubbish.

rubbish? absolutely not. you have no inkling of why SF, the IRA or their support even existed. I know one thing - you didnt live through it. Plenty on this thread did.

rubbish? absolutely not. you have no inkling of why SF, the IRA or their support even existed. I know one thing - you didnt live through it. Plenty on this thread did.

The IRA had no widespread popular support during the Troubles. Yet another rewriting of history that needs to be actively challenged.

The IRA had no widespread popular support during the Troubles. Yet another rewriting of history that needs to be actively challenged.

yeah yeah - thats why they survived for so long - because no-one (ie the public) was protecting them. Yet another load of twaffle from someone who wouldnt know.

lads - dont even be bothering me. Ye's are an absolute waste of time.

yeah yeah - thats why they survived for so long - because no-one (ie the public) was protecting them. Yet another load of twaffle from someone who wouldnt know.

They didn’t have popular support. That’s a fact. Not my fault you don’t like it.

They didn’t have popular support. That’s a fact. Not my fault you don’t like it.

Who cares. The conflict/war happened. Get over it. The conflict/war is over. Get over it.
    If you supported the GFA you welcomed the combatants into the democratic fold, get over it.
    You will not be allowed to set a ceiling on how far those parties can go. Get over it.

Who cares. The conflict/war happened. Get over it. The conflict/war is over. Get over it.
    If you supported the GFA you welcomed the combatants into the democratic fold, get over it.
    You will not be allowed to set a ceiling on how far those parties can go. Get over it.

It is an issue though when a party with designs on being in Government is this rather lovely country of ours have no issues with hero worshipping psychopaths like Storey, and the atrocities they carried out.

That’s before we get to the parts about abolishing the constitution and the current defence force structures.

Not a normal party. Dangerous. Nationalism is a nasty thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Just wondering here if a, popular party's day out at a funeral had anything to do with this.
    If not the spread at least the message of staying at home and your distance.
    Anyway, very disturbing and needs governing.
    But is there any govt in Northern Ireland capable of handling it?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1002/1168952-covid-northern-ireland/

• Advertisement

It is an issue though when a party with designs on being in Government is this rather lovely country of ours have no issues with hero worshipping psychopaths like Storey, and the atrocities they carried out.

That’s before we get to the parts about abolishing the constitution and the current defence force structures.

Not a normal party. Dangerous. Nationalism is a nasty thing.

Clearly another anti GFA partitionist who still wants conflict/war.

As I said, you will not be allowed to set a ceiling. Your party are currently in the last ditch defending their power swap with FF.
    I have to say, the twisting and turmoil you are in has been quite fun to watch.

Just wondering here if a, popular party's day out at a funeral had anything to do with this.

:confused::confused: We are on our way there too. Watch the acceleration if we cannot 'govern'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I don't think you're quite 'au fait' with how Corona Virus infects/incubation period bish (or possibly you do, but sure try and stir anyway you wee rascal)

Storeys funeral was in June....... It is now Oct........ 2 week incubation period they say.

Try harder.

:confused::confused: We are on our way there too. Watch the acceleration if we cannot 'govern'.

Aye aye. No answer to the question I posed though.
    934 cases in a day in six counties?
    Northern Ireland needs complete locking down again I think.

Aye aye. No answer to the question I posed though.
    934 cases in a day in six counties?
    Northern Ireland needs complete locking down again I think.

I think there isn't a government in NI capable of handling it due to the inherent problems.
    I said it at the beginning that the failure of that state and partition would emerge as a threat to the health of the island.

And here we are.

I think there isn't a government in NI capable of handling it due to the inherent problems.
    I said it at the beginning that the failure of that state and partition would emerge as a threat to the health of the island.

And here we are.

Partition seems to be protecting us from several infections. codid, Loyalist bigotry, toxic Nationalism, Orange Eejitry of multiple kinds and of course the ingrained sectarian hatred that runs through the province on both sides

And here we are.

And that's it is it, it's everybody else's fault?
    NI was going along just fine, but the actions of one selfish political party changed all that imo.
    I stick to my point at the time it happened, the Bobby Storey funeral debacle would come back to bite SF in the arse,
    My prediction I feel is more relevant than yours.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I don't think you're quite 'au fait' with how Corona Virus infects/incubation period bish (or possibly you do, but sure try and stir anyway you wee rascal)

Storeys funeral was in June....... It is now Oct........ 2 week incubation period they say.

Try harder.

Read my post again Mc.

And that's it is it, it's everybody else's fault?
    NI was going along just fine, but the actions of one selfish political party changed all that imo.
    I stick to my point at the time it happened, the Bobby Storey funeral debacle would come back to bite SF in the arse,
    My prediction I feel is more relevant than yours.

You asked the question.

Partition and how it was done has made the place ungovernable by itself. It needs the constant supervision of two sovereign states to function.
    Yes there is fault in that. It is inescapable.

It now affects how Britain wants to proceed in the world and is a threat to our island's health and general wellbeing societally.

You guys want to ignore that and hope it goes away. Sadly, regardless of your own bigotry as expressed in Truthvader's eloquent summary that is not going to happen.

You should know that the constant blaming of SF will go nowhere if you took any lessons from the last election campaign. The Irish people are not stupid.

• Advertisement

Clearly another anti GFA partitionist who still wants conflict/war.

As I said, you will not be allowed to set a ceiling. Your party are currently in the last ditch defending their power swap with FF.
    I have to say, the twisting and turmoil you are in has been quite fun to watch.

Because anyone who wont support the Sinn Fein IRA fascist project must want conflict/war. See the same stupid comment about a ceiling been repeated.

You may well be right however and the normal democratic parties may be on the way out. And it may be fun for people like yourself to watch. Dont think it will be as much fun if and when the Sinn Fein thugs take over but sure they will have "no choice" but to infect the entire state with their stupid nationalsm and their mafia agenda. Monaghan will be awash with tawdry tricolours and drunken thugs staggering about the streets. It'll be great altogether.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement