Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Paddy Cosgrove the biggest wanker in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I think as a child he never heard the word "no".

I don't know how to share links but this is an interesting allegation:

https://twitter.com/Ballymagash_T/status/1336027080434348042?s=20

It alleges Paddy was editor of a magazine in Trinity that published an article about "Stinking Sand Ni**ers" resulting in the magazine being banned.

Mary Lou even liked the tweet before later deleting it, I'm guessing when she realised Paddy was anti-establishment (even though he is one of the greatest cut throat capitalists on the island)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I haven’t had any dealings with him personally, only from what I see on Twitter and elsewhere, but a friend works for him and the positives far outweigh the negatives in their opinion.

Said friend says he demands high standards and like anyone can have his off days, but ultimately he’s someone who treats his staff very well and the vast majority are happy working for him, according to said friend anyway.

He has supposedly been excellent during the pandemic and has offered staff great conditions during same and far beyond.

Don’t shoot the messenger and I await the “hi, Paddy” responses but I can assure you it’s not my own opinion! :pac:

When you look at the revenue figures and attendances being reported his conferences seem to be going from strength to strength so he must be doing something right?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

He has achieved great things and fair dues to him.
    But he seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder about something. I have not followed him up to now so I don't know what his beef is. I remember him giving out about WIFI and not been able to fast track is VIP's through the city using the Guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,327 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think as a child he never heard the word "no".

I'm thinking did somebody high profile turn him down here in Ireland and that's why he's gone so grumpy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,500 ✭✭✭✭elperello

jimgoose wrote: »
    Hmm. Farm in Co. Wicklow, Glenstal Abbey of all places, and finally TCD? In fairness anyone would have a decent chance of emerging from that lot as a bit of a cockwomble! :pac:

I'm not sure why this little thread of bitterness has been resuscitated but then there's no accounting for taste.

Nothing whatsoever wrong with a farm in Wicklow.

The monks in Glenstal Abbey are the finest bunch of human beings you could hope to meet.

As for Trinity, it's managed to survive for over 400 years so I suppose your little jibe won't overly bother it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Had the misfortune of seeing the ***** sponsored advert on facebook last night. No escape from Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

elperello wrote: »
    I'm not sure why this little thread of bitterness has been resuscitated but then there's no accounting for taste.

Nothing whatsoever wrong with a farm in Wicklow.

The monks in Glenstal Abbey are the finest bunch of human beings you could hope to meet.

As for Trinity, it's managed to survive for over 400 years so I suppose your little jibe won't overly bother it.

I'd imagine they'll all be just fine, bless and keep them. Don't take it so hard, Paddy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,500 ✭✭✭✭elperello

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'd imagine they'll all be just fine, bless and keep them. Don't take it so hard, Paddy. ;)

Oh very funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

It alleges Paddy was editor of a magazine in Trinity that published an article about "Stinking Sand Ni**ers" resulting in the magazine being banned.

Mary Lou even liked the tweet before later deleting it, I'm guessing when she realised Paddy was anti-establishment (even though he is one of the greatest cut throat capitalists on the island)

It was probably The Slate, good magazine and very non PC to all types of topics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It was probably The Slate, good magazine and very non PC to all types of topics

No, wasn’t that. ‘The Slate’ was actually funny.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I opened up the app this afternoon while chilling out in the clubhouse after a game of golf.
    Thinly veiled "I am not your average plebeian" post.
    Does Cosgrave play at your club?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

No, wasn’t that. ‘The Slate’ was actually funny.

Ah right, yeah Slate was probably offensive enough but it was funny and seemed to be pretty equal opportunities in terms of who it poked fun at. Which magazine was it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

wextipp wrote: »
    He has achieved great things and fair dues to him.
    But he seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder about something. I have not followed him up to now so I don't know what his beef is. I remember him giving out about WIFI and not been able to fast track is VIP's through the city using the Guards.

He's a massive narcissist and sees every obstaclce against him as a personal attack. Ireland the country itself is on this list hence the wild twitter comments.

He's a conman and a piece of **** in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    How come there isn't a thread about which women is the biggest cnut in Ireland???

Boards is strange like that.
    Sure on radio forum, personal abuse for Ryan, darcy and Joe is okay... But the lottie Ryan thread gets closed.

Aaah, wasn’t there a long-running thread about Louise O’Neill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Yes. He is.
    Latest Twitter meltdown
    I think he is trying to portray an 'Elon Musk' persona.
    "I’m just very, very successful and understand how real business works, the media works and politics works. That is all."

And for somebody who apparently sticks up for the marginalised and who apparently hates the establishment, his tweet there very much has the oblivious air of somebody who doesn’t understand how much coming from a wealthy background gives you a massive leg up in life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

He gets more than enough attention. He is just a shít stirrer.

When he grows up he will really regret sharing all the waffle that pours out of his mind.

Narcissism is a chronic illness, I hope he recovers.

Get well Mr Cosgrove, we are all rooting for you.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

King of the **** still goes to Joe go on go on, terrible business altogether Duffy. Sanctimonious, grossly over paid talentless whinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

How come there isn't a thread about which women is the biggest cnut in Ireland???

Boards is strange like that.
    Sure on radio forum, personal abuse for Ryan, darcy and Joe is okay... But the lottie Ryan thread gets closed.
    Lottie would be a socially acceptable woman, in the past the equivalent would be a good church goer. The likes of Gemma o Doherty, a lot of the lads will show their true colours in the thread about someone basically indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wextipp

Paddy is working hard to keep the title today
    https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1337384258734854150?s=20

• Advertisement

When he's saying "Ireland's history has been simplified" is he referring to his own tweets?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I wouldn't be a fan but he has half a point ( as per phucking usual ).

For me it is always how he manages to find the most contentious diatribe to spew out of his shallow brain. He manages to involve a FG TD with the buried truth about wealthy Irish catholics of the 17th and 18th century. He is always stirring the pot.

What Neale Richmond has in common with the Kilkenny Confederacy I will never know, only a pea brain like Cossie himself could find some sort of correlation and then twit about it.

A bit rich also coming from someone who, I dare say if he had a look at his own Cosgrave family tree , would find the wealthy Irish Catholic Apple does not fall far from it.

He really is the confederacy of hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He has done a fantastic job in building his persona and getting the attention he craves. He's a salesman/event organiser with the persona of a tech wizard.

Wouldn't be me cup of tea at all to put it mildly but some of the other guys behind it are great lads. Would know them fairly well and would have had dealings with them in the early stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hmmmmmm. You're obviously up there too. Maybe you could take the title?

no people who post "who?" are definite wanker$

I just can't believe he's not a blueshirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Think I remember that article, or rather the initial controversy when it was published.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Paddy is working hard to keep the title today
    https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1337384258734854150?s=20

does he realise that Neale Richmond is protestant ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

He's putting sponsored ads on Facebuke now, must be looking to build another revenue stream out of being a wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

I heard he's going to be the next CEO of BAM construction, and going to register everyone in his buildings to Eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

PARlance wrote: »
    He has done a fantastic job in building his persona and getting the attention he craves. He's a salesman/event organiser with the persona of a tech wizard.

Wouldn't be me cup of tea at all to put it mildly but some of the other guys behind it are great lads. Would know them fairly well and would have had dealings with them in the early stages.

I kind of object to this. Iv been an engineer for near 20 years now and how did being a "tech wizard" manage to become synonymous with behaving like a total bellend.

I mean I work all day with very technical people and well they are just as mannerly as any other occupation, being rude and an attention seeker just doesn't get you far with them at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement