Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Not listening at the minute. Was there a large religious festival in India 2 weeks ago? Has that anything to do with the number of cases?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

As opposed to interviewing people with counter views, RTE tells you why they are wrong, and why you should get your news from RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

As opposed to interviewing people with counter views, RTE tells you why they are wrong, and why you should get your news from RTE.

Ah c'mon, in fairness they did ask the opinion of a woman who's doing a master's, a master's in what we don't know, but still. She maintains conspiracy theories are developed by 'fellas' in darkened rooms....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Ah I remember it well, watching a movie on rte while sky news were reporting that the country was on tbe verge of bankruptcy, over on the rte news Barney an Beanie were sayin "we know nothin" with Chopra an his crew a few yards down the road.... Yes indeed Rte "where the truth matters" I wont be taking any advice on misinformation from the montrose set

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Not listening at the minute. Was there a large religious festival in India 2 weeks ago? Has that anything to do with the number of cases?

There was a Hindu festival, 10 million converged into one smallish area I believe

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

So Murphs departing, Oliver Callan will be devasted :)

I wonder will he end up in banking like the other two FGers that left recently. Though by the sounds of him he'll probably get a job with one of the NGOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Good riddance

I wonder will he end up in banking like the other two FGers that left recently. Though by the sounds of him he'll probably get a job with one of the NGOs.

I think he has something lined up in the NGO space, it was mentioned earlier on P Kenny.

Hard to know what to think of him, there seems genuine regrets but speaking objectively, he didn't do well in housing. I think rightly or wrongly he was seen as Leo's paper boy, he never really stood out on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭leath_dub

sligojoek wrote: »
    Good riddance

eless%20body%20election.jpg

• Advertisement

Darragh O Brien must be feeling quite sheepish right now.

leath_dub wrote: »

Yep, hard to get that image out of my mind

Summary of Murphy's interview today:

"I made a mistake"
    "That was an error of judgement"
    "That was taken out of context"
    "That was an error of judgement"
    "I was kicking myself when I said that"

etc.

How on earth is he able to get gainful employment in the real world when , by his own admission, he's out of his depth?

It's not really fair that he's allowed to tip off his FG colleagues in advance of the by election.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I've no time for the man whatsoever but that was just purely coincidental. Some random party worker put up that poster. They would have had no idea what was going to happen there

I've no time for the man whatsoever but that was just purely coincidental. Some random party worker put up that poster. They would have had no idea what was going to happen there

Of course, but as a commentary on his performance in the role you couldn't get better

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Of course, but as a commentary on his performance in the role you couldn't get better

It was the definition of a cheap shot.

And there was a victim there which elevates the incident to a level far more important than political commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,283 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good riddance

Now if only we could get rid of MacSharry and O’Caoimh.... two ‘lifers’ whose negativity shines like a beacon from the Twelve Bens.

Problem is they wouldn’t get a job anywhere... only the Neanderthals in their area would accept their rhetoric.

From a bygone age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Oh my God, this is like....unreal! Ideas for your best picnic life!

Poor Holly doesn't really have a voice for radio, the laboured and excruciating D4 accent with a hint of Americanism is just awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

How to make sandwiches for a picnic.

Yeah, seriously. How to make pieces of bread with things inside of them for a picnic.

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Oh my God, this is like....unreal! Ideas for your best picnic life!

LOL, I'd be fascinated to know we're holly got her culinary expertise, o wait, she doesn't need them, she's in the in crowd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

Jesus Christ.

Sounds like the board at the Coombe, Senior HSE exec's and Minister Donnelly don't like feathers ruffled in public, nothing new here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

How to make sandwiches for a picnic.

Yeah, seriously. How to make pieces of bread with things inside of them for a picnic.

Oul Mr.Brennan must be rolling I’m his grave!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Poor Holly doesn't really have a voice for radio, the laboured and excruciating D4 accent with a hint of Americanism is just awful

I think Holly might be a few sandwiches short of a picnic!

Oul Mr.Brennan must be rolling I’m his grave!

Wait till the end :)

https://youtu.be/vr5FjLlW-7M

What's this obsession with what's going on with the DUP, who gives a S***

I hate all those highly intrusive background pc notification sounds that are all too frequently to be heard on these calls.

• Advertisement

I hate all those highly intrusive background pc notification sounds that are all too frequently to be heard on these calls.

Tell Ray D'Arcy.

Advertisement