Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 likely to be man made

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

It was you or King Mob who stated that a scientist should not be believed for publishing a book the contents of which go against the grain purely because the motive is profit.
    Either of us has argued this.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

It’s not beyond the realms of possibilities, would it be considered an act of war if it was ever to come out?

And again...the majority doesn't prove or disprove. It is merely, as you mentioned, a consensus.

I'm not refuting the majority OR confirming the minority.

You, however, are refusing to even listen to the minority. I don't know why. Nobody is trying to hypnotise you.

Just listen to opposing views rather than stamping your feet.
    It does this apply to flat eartherism?
    Holocaust denial?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

My take on this is if they can create 14 different vaccines for this virus they surely could have engineered the virus to begin with , sars and mers were trial runs mers was too deadly so it was stopped this seems to be what they want hitting the less able bodied and elderly the most ,
    Who are "they'
    I dont know but they are there in the backround...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You, however, are refusing to even listen to the minority. I don't know why. Nobody is trying to hypnotise you.

I don't know who you are referring to in these posts, you seem to keep ascribing positions to me I don't have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

King Mob wrote: »
    It does this apply to flat eartherism?
    Holocaust denial?

Regarding Holocaust denial I'm pretty sure it happened even though I wasn't there. But I get a little wary when a person is called a Holocaust Denier if they believe it occurred but don't believe all the facts in the narrative. That to me smacks of thoughtcrime.

A person is vilified if they question the numbers.....IF they think the numbers are inaccurate if they think the death toll might be lower than stated. They aren't pilloried if they suggest the numbers might be higher. So you can question the numbers as long as you think more died than officially declared.

As for flat eartherism. I'm not even going to entertain a discussion about something that is physically impossible.

It is POSSIBLE that more than a lone gunman were responsible for the death of Kennedy.

It is NOT POSSIBLE that the Earth is flat.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I don't know who you are referring to in these posts, you seem to keep ascribing positions to me I don't have.

I'm stating that you don't even listen to the minority who go against the consensus that you talk about. That IS a position that you hold.

All you do is call them uninformed morons.

Regarding Holocaust denial I'm pretty sure it happened even though I wasn't there. But I get a little wary when a person is called a Holocaust Denier if they believe it occurred but don't believe all the facts in the narrative. That to me smacks of thoughtcrime.

A person is vilified if they question the numbers.....IF they think the numbers are inaccurate if they think the death toll might be lower than stated. They aren't pilloried if they suggest the numbers might be higher. So you can question the numbers as long as you think more died than officially declared.

Historians debate the number of people killed all the time. Holocaust deniers are completely different in that they attempt to grossly deflate the death figure, and only of Jews killed (never other figures).

I'm stating that you don't even listen to the minority who go against the consensus that you talk about. That IS a position that you hold.

All you do is call them uninformed morons.

Well you are stating wrong. And you still clearly don't understand the concept.

Lol those poor prosecuted holocaust deniers...
    That's not true though. There are plenty of legitimate historians that have in the past argued and showed the number of deaths were lower than previously thought.
    The difference is that they show this via historical research and using actual evidence rather than declaring it is all a Jewish lead conspiracy to fake the event.

You are saying that we should listen to the people claiming it's a vast Jewish conspiracy.
    That's holocaust denial.
    As for flat eartherism. I'm not even going to entertain a discussion about something that is physically impossible.

It is POSSIBLE that more than a lone gunman were responsible for the death of Kennedy.

It is NOT POSSIBLE that the Earth is flat.
    Why not?
    Why are you rejecting what the minority are suggesting?
    That's very hypocritical of you.

• Advertisement

That's not true though. There are plenty of legitimate historians that have in the past argued and showed the number of deaths were lower than previously thought.
    The difference is that they show this via historical research and using actual evidence rather than declaring it is all a Jewish lead conspiracy to fake the event.

You are saying that we should listen to the people claiming it's a vast Jewish conspiracy.
    That's holocaust denial.

Why not?

No I am NOT. Stop exaggerating and be very careful what you accuse me of.

I didn't maintain that book was written from profit, reread my posts a little more carefully.

You're right. It was another poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

It has often been asserted that anyone who claims other than the “accepted thinking” is a quack.

Yet, many times these quacks have proved to be correct.

We may never actually find the cause of this virus. There is too much political will to hide evidence. There is too much for various organisations who have vested interests to loose if it was found out that this virus was man made.

One thing I can honestly say, I find the original assertion that eating bats caused it, or food from an open market caused this, is ridiculous.

There are too many little clues in the way the Chinese government dealt with this at the beginning, which lead me to personally believe this was an experiment that went wrong.

Do I have proof? No. Will there ever be proof? No!

That's holocaust denial.

Why not?

What do you mean "why not"? It's not possible that the Earth is flat. Are you playing some kind of weird game here?

And why is that hypocritical of me to not believe what the minority are suggesting if what they are suggesting is not possible?

NSAman wrote: »
    It has often been asserted that anyone who claims other than the “accepted thinking” is a quack.

Yet, many times these quacks have proved to be correct.

That's your opinion, I don't find it to be true at all. This forum for example, how many theories here have turned out to be correct? in my experience close to zero over the past several years and there have been hundreds of claims

That's because most of these theories come from personal beliefs/views rather than the facts. Sourced from "quacks", aka pseudo-"experts" with fringe ideas low on actual evidence, but convincing enough for people with low critical thinking and preset notions.
    There is too much political will to hide evidence. There is too much for various organisations who have vested interests to loose if it was found out that this virus was man made.

If the virus was man-made, and the offending country kept it hidden, why would every other nation work toward hiding that? that makes utterly no sense
    One thing I can honestly say, I find the original assertion that eating bats caused it, or food from an open market caused this, is ridiculous.

Argument from incredulity. Scientific consensus from virologists and experts around the world contradicts this. The Corona family of viruses originated in mammals and birds
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus
    Do I have proof? No. Will there ever be proof? No!

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

That's your opinion, I don't find it to be true at all. This forum for example, how many theories here have turned out to be correct? in my experience close to zero over the past several years and there have been hundreds of claims

That's because most of these theories come from personal beliefs/views rather than the facts. Sourced from "quacks", aka pseudo-"experts" with fringe ideas low on actual evidence, but convincing enough for people with low critical thinking and preset notions.

If the virus was man-made, and the offending country kept it hidden, why would every other nation work toward hiding that? that makes utterly no sense

Argument from incredulity. Scientific consensus from virologists and experts around the world contradicts this. The Corona family of viruses originated in mammals and birds
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
    So in other words you can’t prove it either was or wasn’t.

NSAman wrote: »
    So in other words you can’t prove it either was or wasn’t.

It's not about proof. It's about weight of evidence. Currently, the experts, looking at all the evidence we have available have reached a consensus that it's natural.

Do you know more than them? No, so your personal opinions as a lay-person are irrelevant (sorry but it's true). Is there a possibility that it's man-made and escaped a lab somewhere? Yes, but they are taking that possibility into account, and the consensus (majority) looking at all the thousands of factors and complexities have determined that it's highly likely the disease jumped from animals to humans.

It's not about proof. It's about weight of evidence. Currently, the experts, looking at all the evidence we have available have reached a consensus that it's natural.

Do you know more than them? No, so your personal opinions as a lay-person are irrelevant (sorry but it's true). Is there a possibility that it's man-made and escaped a lab somewhere? Yes, but they are taking that possibility into account, and the consensus (majority) looking at all the thousands of factors and complexities have determined that it's highly likely the disease jumped from animals to humans.

As the old adage says, experts differ and people die.

How true.....

No I am NOT. Stop exaggerating and be very careful what you accuse me of.
    Why should we ignore those people then? They have plenty of evidence that it's a vast Jewish conspiracy
    They have tons of experts on their side.

And you just dismiss them out of hand because as they would say "you're just brainwashed by the Jewish controlled media".
    What do you mean "why not"? It's not possible that the Earth is flat. Are you playing some kind of weird game here?
    How do you know it's not possible?

It's not possible that the buildings in 9/11 were destroyed by controlled demolitions, yet you believe that.

Is it impossible that there's a Jewish lead conspiracy to inflate the numbers in the Holocaust?

And why is that hypocritical of me to not believe what the minority are suggesting if what they are suggesting is not possible?

You're wasting your time with these two. Round and round and round is all you'll go. Half the reason this forum is so inactive.

• Advertisement

You're wasting your time with these two. Round and round and round is all you'll go. Half the reason this forum is so inactive.

People with illogical positions have difficulty dealing with logical questions. That's the only reason why stuff like this goes round and round on conspiracy forums.

People with illogical positions have difficulty dealing with logical questions. That's the only reason why stuff like this goes round and round on conspiracy forums.

Put it this way, if I'm ever looking to cover-up some conspiracies, I'll be sure to hire the both of you to keep watch over this forum.

That is, unless somebody else has already beat me to it :pac:

Just playin'; hope you're well, Dohnjoe!

You guys are so sensitive to basic questions.

If people didn't spend so much time avoiding, dancing around and complaining about them and just answered them directly and dishonestly...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NaFirinne

Is this what's next on the agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSuCuoQxI20

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

NaFirinne wrote: »
    Is this what's next on the agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSuCuoQxI20

I didnt watch the clip but I'm gonna say no.

I didnt watch the clip but I'm gonna say no.

Like an ostrich with there head stuck in the sand.

What's going to happen next, in your words, a straightforward timeline

e.g. in 3 months X, in 6 months Y and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Their ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,003 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Like all conspiracy theories, your starting point is a fallacy.

Ostriches don't stick their head in the sand

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Like all conspiracy theories, your starting point is a fallacy.

Ostriches don't stick their head in the sand

LOL it's a saying.

Advertisement