Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Woman injured after shooting in Bluebell, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

Googleyes wrote: »
    Alot of guards in rathmullen any one know whats going down?

Fella set a house on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Man has presented himself in hospital with gunshot wounds too

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0306/1201375-dublin-shooting/

Man and woman injured in Inchicore shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Thesiger

Bernard Curtis House - would that be the flats there by the LUAS line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Thesiger wrote: »
    Bernard Curtis House - would that be the flats there by the LUAS line?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

RTE getting the area wrong , Inchicore is over the bridge about a 100 yards away :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cknfriedrice1

Is Patsy generally believed to have been involved in the Regency job on the day itself, or is the theory that Daniel Kinahan wants him dead for being a driving force behind that job rather than being an active participant?

Also, has any further information ever come out about what was in those notes handed in to the court that caused the judge to set Patrick junior free despite being photographed fleeing the Regency shooting with a gun in hand?

And finally, does anyone have any idea how involved Jonathan Dowdall was with the Hutch crowd? Before he was jailed, his company apparantly had done work for Dublin Airport, so I'm curious what he might have been involved in before the Regency job.

My thoughts only as an outsider looking in.....

The graffiti “Patsy Dies Fued Ends” would strongly suggest that the Kinahan / Byrne gang believe that it was Patsy who was the driving force from the Hutch side. I suppose that is understandable seeing as it was his son Gary that they murdered. But seeing as it is alledged that it was Gary and his younger brother Patrick jnr that took a pop at who they believed was DK, I am not exactly surprised there was retaliation. What still surprises me to this day is why Gary thought he was safe to re-engage with the Kinahan gang in Spain. There is never a free pass.

I think the Regency was more a result of the attempted hit on Gerry while in the Canaries. That dragged Gerry into Patsy’s battle, the result being the Regency.

The moral I take out of the whole sad saga is if you are going to take on the playground bully is don’t f’ing miss. They shot Jamie in error and Gary paid the ultimate price and the Regency crew could have wiped out the entire upper echelons of the Kinahan / Byrnes at the Regency and look at that outcome.

I wouldn’t fancy living my days stuck in Champions Avenue relying on an armed Garda car parked up at the corner. Though to be fair Patsy probably has as good a lifestyle as DK has stuck in a desert rat hole called Dubai.

I think it is commonly held knowledge who 4 of the Regency 6 are, with TAC 3 and the getaway driver being the exception. Different names have been suggested. The getaway drivers from the Gaelic club are less well speculated about, though the K’s / B’s claim Neddy was one of them as their justification for his killing. Was Patsy one?? If I were to guess I would think he probably was but given what happened to Gary I wouldn’t exactly blame him.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Do not make speculations over who has been involved. It is disrespectful & will cause unnecessary stress to family/friends of them reading here.

Posts deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Im melting away

My thoughts only as an outsider looking in.....

The graffiti “Patsy Dies Fued Ends” would strongly suggest that the Kinahan / Byrne gang believe that it was Patsy who was the driving force from the Hutch side. I suppose that is understandable seeing as it was his son Gary that they murdered. But seeing as it is alledged that it was Gary and his younger brother Patrick jnr that took a pop at who they believed was DK, I am not exactly surprised there was retaliation. What still surprises me to this day is why Gary thought he was safe to re-engage with the Kinahan gang in Spain. There is never a free pass.

I think the Regency was more a result of the attempted hit on Gerry while in the Canaries. That dragged Gerry into Patsy’s battle, the result being the Regency.

The moral I take out of the whole sad saga is if you are going to take on the playground bully is don’t f’ing miss. They shot Jamie in error and Gary paid the ultimate price and the Regency crew could have wiped out the entire upper echelons of the Kinahan / Byrnes at the Regency and look at that outcome.

I wouldn’t fancy living my days stuck in Champions Avenue relying on an armed Garda car parked up at the corner. Though to be fair Patsy probably has as good a lifestyle as DK has stuck in a desert rat hole called Dubai.

I think it is commonly held knowledge who 4 of the Regency 6 are, with TAC 3 and the getaway driver being the exception. Different names have been suggested. The getaway drivers from the Gaelic club are less well speculated about, though the K’s / B’s claim Neddy was one of them as their justification for his killing. Was Patsy one?? If I were to guess I would think he probably was but given what happened to Gary I wouldn’t exactly blame him.

It wasn't Gary with the other guy who took a shot a Moore, it stunk of pure amateurish hot head young fellas, the Spanish police gave cancer their description and the car used, I wonder :) why the Spanish police money laundering investigation flopped

Allegedly Gerry made a deal that Moore would be paid and that would be the end of it, cancer couldn't hack that as Gary knew too much, also could set up his own bit of business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Munstergirl854

What's the story with latest shooting?Was it a domestic?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Doubt it from who she is

It wasn't Gary with the other guy who took a shot a Moore, it stunk of pure amateurish hot head young fellas, the Spanish police gave cancer their description and the car used, I wonder :) why the Spanish police money laundering investigation flopped

Allegedly Gerry made a deal that Moore would be paid and that would be the end of it, cancer couldn't hack that as Gary knew too much, also could set up his own bit of business.

Deal was moore gets paid and Patrick gets kneecapped then Gary could work on his own away from cancer but cancer and your right Gary knew everyone cancer ****ed over and all of his own that he robbed. Cancer had Gary killed and tried blame other people and was getting people to get in contact with gerry for a sit down and gerry wouldn't he knew cancer was a snake and couldn't be trusted. That's when cancer sent ec and Cs over to lamzarote to do Gerry. Lucky Gary told people all of cancers dirty secrets before they killed him

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cknfriedrice1

Lucky Gary told people all of cancers dirty secrets before they killed him

Hence why the feud is so personal. And why I think it will simmer for years to come. Gately, PH jnr, Harry all have lost brothers or been shot. Eventually there will be some retaliation and those aligned to the Kinahan / Byrne’s that still live in the NIC will be at real risk. Some may think that those acts have been forgotten about, but I doubt they have been or will be for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Deal was moore gets paid and Patrick gets kneecapped then Gary could work on his own away from cancer but cancer and your right Gary knew everyone cancer ****ed over and all of his own that he robbed. Cancer had Gary killed and tried blame other people and was getting people to get in contact with gerry for a sit down and gerry wouldn't he knew cancer was a snake and couldn't be trusted. That's when cancer sent ec and Cs over to lamzarote to do Gerry. Lucky Gary told people all of cancers dirty secrets before they killed him

Any idea where Gerry is hiding out at these days? Few people saying he’s in Spain, others mentioned Holland. Wonder will he ever come back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

theballz wrote:
    Any idea where Gerry is hiding out at these days? Few people saying he’s in Spain, others mentioned Holland. Wonder will he ever come back

I doubt anyone on here who knows Gerry's location will post it on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Brother done it apparently

Noseygit wrote: »
    Brother done it apparently

Any more info on that the brother was in and out of rehab he was kidnapped and shot before and escaped

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

I doubt anyone on here genuinely knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Any more info on that the brother was in and out of rehab he was kidnapped and shot before and escaped

I know we can't name them, but any links to articles from previous cases that might help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Patsy lives in champs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

italodisco wrote: »
    Thanks for that

Looks like the Connollys were fed bull**** all their lives

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭NorthCity

Only because they may suffer a suspension or other sanction , The monk didn't turn his small takings from cash in transit robberies into the multi-millions he enjoys today , Drugs is his real trade , I lived in St Josehs mansions Killarney street in the 90's that entire Hutch family are low life scum , Even relatives who didn't share the Hutch name traded on it . Great to see them all suffer some hardship for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

NorthCity wrote: »
    Only because they may suffer a suspension or other sanction , The monk didn't turn his small takings from cash in transit robberies into the multi-millions he enjoys today , Drugs is his real trade , I lived in St Josehs mansions Killarney street in the 90's that entire Hutch family are low life scum , Even relatives who didn't share the Hutch name traded on it . Great to see them all suffer some hardship for a change

The property boom made a lot of the older gangsters rich, they could buy cheap houses with cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Im melting away

Hes own don't even know where he is anyone would turn him in for the bounty.

Small takings from a few armed robberies, they weren't small then and or now, you're having a laugh.

That he's a financer or a "silent" big drug dealer has been used before, everyone has said he's not into being a drugs financer of a silent dealer, he'd be worth alot more than the 10 mill with the people he knows.

Housefree wrote: »
    The property boom made a lot of the older gangsters rich, they could buy cheap houses with cash.

He was worth millions before the property boom , Work out his share of the robberies , not that big , the amount taken was huge but it involved a large group of people .

Hes own don't even know where he is anyone would turn him in for the bounty.

Small takings from a few armed robberies, they weren't small then and or now, you're having a laugh.

That he's a financer or a "silent" big drug dealer has been used before, everyone has said he's not into being a drugs financer of a silent dealer, he'd be worth alot more than the 10 mill with the people he knows.
    The money doesn't add up . He only received a share of the money not the entire pot , Only two very large robberies are attributed to his gang , Add the takings , Divide among a group , Add to the mix the fact cab hit him with a tax liability of 1.5million in early 2000 . Drugs all the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bigsuge1

The money doesn't add up . He only received a share of the money not the entire pot , Only two very large robberies are attributed to his gang , Add the takings , Divide among a group , Add to the mix the fact cab hit him with a tax liability of 1.5million in early 2000 . Drugs all the way

Interesting when put like that. The two robberies netted something like what £4-5m and would have been shared between 4/5 people perhaps then the CAB settlement years later.. ouch!

His brother Derek was into dealing on a big scale back in the day so I’ve heard. I’m not sure what Patsy, Eddie and John were up to but it is hard to believe that a criminal mastermind like Gerry wouldn’t want a slice of the action if his family was involved.

Advertisement