Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying things abut supermarkets

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭joeguevara

You're giving the security guard pissy looks for doing exactly what they're paid to do? Is your name Karen?

And they don't even know if they are doing it. This is the best laugh I have had in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I always thought a French log was something you found in a jacks in Paris :)

Bûche de Noel? (Yule log for the non-French speakers among us)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

i love supermarkets - i don't get the hate for anything in there. It's a relaxing experience for me , chill out get my groceries

i hate clothes shopping though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

We are being told to plan out our shopping trips, use shopping lists, get in and out as quick as possible.

Not dawdle about and wander around the shop like you are lost. No wonder they are judging you.

They should be throwing you out and barring you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

You're giving the security guard pissy looks for doing exactly what they're paid to do? Is your name Karen?

And the funniest part is that the security man is probably wondering "WTF is that guys problem" before moving on with his life while the poster here vents his fury!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The way they steal random 'o's from thread titles.

Got any O's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think those bags with the poles that rest on the trolley edge are actually a really good idea. Because they are opened up they allow you to keep pace with the cashier scanning the goods and pack everything at the till. Then just lift the bags into your car boot and you're good to go. If I were buying trolley loads of food myself I'd definitely get them, they speed everything up.

I have these, I stopped using them as I found them really awkward.

I found the big bag way too big, trying to get it out of the trolley when full was a challenge. The bags themselves are very long. Though I accept my 4'11" frame did not help. The smaller bags were OK but to just use the two small bags kinda defeated the purpose.

So they are now thrown in the back of the press and dunnes and lidl bags are used.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

paw patrol wrote: »
    i love supermarkets - i don't get the hate for anything in there. It's a relaxing experience for me , chill out get my groceries

Are you basically admitting you're one of those people most other people on this thread are giving out about? Sauntering around the place without a care in the world, instead of getting in, getting what you need (pre-planned) and getting out?

I do dislike this. We're not yet back at the sauntering phase of grocery shopping yet. More places are being closed down, entire towns are going back into lockdown, but people still dawdle getting the groceries. Furthers my main issue that the problem with shopping are the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

You know, with the stress shopping seems to cause people it is probably costing you time off your life getting worked up about it!
    I am absolutely amazed that something as simple as somebody being a bit slow with their credit card or packing their shopping seems to be such a cause for blood pressure to be raised!
    Calm down people, you'll be a long time saving 5 minutes. Its a perfect chance for deep breaths before getting in to the car and no doubt getting stressed by the traffic on the way home!
    (I do draw a line at people touching items and not buying them and bad parking, but as for the queue, packing etc I couldn't give a sh1te)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭its_steve116

That there's no jungle animal animatronics in Tesco like there was in Crazy Prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Special offers and reduced to clear items when the shop knock off about 2 cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Remember when I first shopped in Aldi and was horrified that the till girl kept firing my shopping at me.. spent the whole time muttering ‘Jesus, slow down’.... many years on and I now expect that in other shops, can’t bear how slow they are scanning in Dunne's or Tesco’s . I expect, and want my groceries to be fecked in my general direction in under ten minutes. Everything else just seems a waste of time now and too slow..
    Aldi paved the way for the speedy shopper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Social distancing going out the window as soon as the person with the yellow stickers comes along. You'd swear it was black Friday the way some carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭AllForIt

What a take on it.

joeguevara wrote: »
    This has to be one of the funniest things ive read in a long time. id love to be listening to you muttering to yourself with delusions of someone looking at you from the other side of the shop, based on absolutely nothing. And throw in the glare at the end, priceless. This has to be a windup.

My point, that I made clear, is that if you're going to be spied on, is that they should do it surreptitiously. You do know what surreptitiously means, do you?

AllForIt wrote: »
    My point, that I made clear, is that if you're going to be spied on, is that they should do it surreptitiously. You do know what surreptitiously means, do you?

Well if you were aware of it, he didn’t do it surreptitiously.

But what would I know, a woodpecker is just after calling me paranoid in morse code.

Well if you were aware of it, he didn’t do it surreptitiously.

Yes exactly. Thanks.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yes exactly. Thanks.

Can I ask how you were aware of it.

Can I ask how you were aware of it.

You can ask, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stripes11

Those people who stand in the middle of the social distancing stickers in queues, why...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Because they can.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Who has two thumbs and likes to reply to old threads.... lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,826 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Last week the goon who answers the phone as she starts unpacking her trolley.... thus the whole process from unpacking, paying, repacking, and getting her stuff reloaded into the trolley takes about double the time as she has only one hand and a quarter of a brain to rely on...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Went to Aldi today at lunch time. Bought 2 lamb burgers which are nice but got home and the use by is today.

Advertisement