Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post primary return to schools roadmap

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

km79 wrote: »
    There is no guidance in the Department documents on it sure ?
    That’s the point being made
    “Local arrangements “ so
    Then the schools take the blame
    Not good enough. Should not be accepted . Not seen the unions raise this particular issue . Or the lack of remote teaching guidelines

I mean that the principal hasn't said or suggested whether we should do practical work or not this year. Presumably we are continuing as normal for the moment.

What happens if a teacher displays symptoms? Obviously organises to go for a test and stays home...

But getting results can take a week (or more)

Does that count as 7 days sick leave?

No. The circular brought out in march said that covid related leave does not count as normal sick leave.

https://www.education.ie/en/Circulars-and-Forms/Active-Circulars/cl0024_2020.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I mean that the principal hasn't said or suggested whether we should do practical work or not this year. Presumably we are continuing as normal for the moment.

What I meant was Principals have not received any guidance on it so can’t pass any on to teachers !
    There is next to nothing in the documents about it

That's because there isn't any. Even before these were announced I maintained that there should have been a special AP1 or 2 post given to every school to cover something like this, just for the year.

I just worked it out as a curiosity. Say a teacher gets 2 hours off their timetable for this so their hours are covered by a sub for the year or someone gets them as part of their contract, so that's 66 hours for the year.

On the qualified subbing rate and accrued holiday pay that's €51.24 an hour.

Multiplied by 66 = €3381.84.

The B post allowance is 3769.

Difference is 388. Across approximately 725 secondary schools (don't know how the post thing works in primary), that's €281,300.

Cheaper to pay a sub.

Will cost less if the LWR is not a teacher.

What I meant was Principals have not received any guidance on it so can’t pass any on to teachers !

I suspect all principals will be supplied with the following equipment in the weeks to come

41o1qy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I suspect all principals will be supplied with the following equipment in the weeks to come

41o1qy.jpg

where is the pmsl emoji? This:D or:pac: is sometimes inadequate lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

khalessi wrote: »
    Friend had to stay home from work tested on the MOnday or Tuesday and test results on the Friday, week out of work. That was Monaghan.

Big delays also if you can't drive to test centre. Relative waited 3 days for the test then 2 days for the results last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Big delays also if you can't drive to test centre. Relative waited 3 days for the test then 2 days for the results last week.

I hope covid leave is not taken from sick leave as teachers could need testing a few times during year and a week evertime:confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I know that various school staff have been having online meetings yesterday and today with principals on how to open the school up.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭pandoraj09

We're back on the 24th. Kids not back until 31rst. We got sent a form to fill out asking about symptoms etc. It doesn't ask if we have been abroad though. I think it should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

pandoraj09 wrote: »
    We're back on the 24th. Kids not back until 31rst. We got sent a form to fill out asking about symptoms etc. It doesn't ask if we have been abroad though. I think it should.

Yeah got them also. The are you fit to work thing?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Its called the pre return to work form...About 6 questions on it about Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

I always think principals will wait for advice from NAPD before going to local arrangements.

I just worked it out as a curiosity. Say a teacher gets 2 hours off their timetable for this so their hours are covered by a sub for the year or someone gets them as part of their contract, so that's 66 hours for the year.

On the qualified subbing rate and accrued holiday pay that's €51.24 an hour.

Multiplied by 66 = €3381.84.

The B post allowance is 3769.

Difference is 388. Across approximately 725 secondary schools (don't know how the post thing works in primary), that's €281,300.

Cheaper to pay a sub.

Will cost less if the LWR is not a teacher.

Gonna be a problem getting subs as things are.
    Then you gotta rely on the sub to come in and take charge and start liasing with staff and management for the whole year! And manage their own regular classes on top.

I know that various school staff have been having online meetings yesterday and today with principals on how to open the school up.

Wow that's ambitious.

Were just enjoying our holidays , we'll be told what's what when the time comes. On one hand it would be nice to be consulted, but on the other, we don't have to deal with the disappointment when all our suggestions and collaboration is ignored :pac:

24th? A full week before the students, are ye using all the CP hours for the year for that?

khalessi wrote: »
    I hope covid leave is not taken from sick leave as teachers could need testing a few times during year and a week evertime:confused::(

Covid leave is covered in circular I posted in post #213. It doesn't affect regular sick leave.

My principal has just gone on holidays......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Treppen wrote: »
    Gonna be a problem getting subs as things are.
    Then you gotta rely on the sub to come in and take charge and start liasing with staff and management for the whole year! And manage their own regular classes on top.

Oh i know, but it's cost saving for the Dept. That appears to be the bottom line.

Friday evening circular anyone?
    https://www.education.ie/en/Circulars-and-Forms/Active-Circulars/cl0049_2020.pdf

Covers sick leave etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

Principal just emailed us at 5pm on a Friday seeking a person for the LWR, but he can confirm that they will not be able to give them 2 hours off their timetable, but will give them 2 hours off S&S.

Can't see anyone doing it.

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Principal just emailed us at 5pm on a Friday seeking a person for the LWR, but he can confirm that they will not be able to give them 2 hours off their timetable, but will give them 2 hours off S&S.

Funny how he knows he can't give hours off the timetable without knowing who applies for it. So many principals are such a law unto themselves.

"The Minister also confirmed that she had been working with the public health authorities to ensure that the public health advice underpinning the safe reopening of schools is fully up to date.

The HSE's Health Protection Surveillance Centre has confirmed that all recommendations published in the public health advice by the Minister at the beginning of July including physical distancing guidelines as set out in the recently published roadmap still apply in all schools, with the exception of the recommendations on face coverings which has been updated to reflect the latest research and expertise.

It is now recommended that teachers and secondary school students wear face coverings, similar to those worn in shops or on public transport, when a physical distance of 2 metres cannot be maintained."

Recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

DubLad69 wrote: »

Hmmmm comes to mind. Pulling a stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Surely the Department can claim the title of most incoherent policy makers during the pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Also, there are sanitisers you can buy on Amazon that sanitise using UV light. A family member uses them every day in her business and apparently they work..
    I got one delivered. Cost 19.99. It opens up and fits a phone, keys etc and takes 8 minutes to sanitise them. Would be a good thing to use at the end of the day before we go home...

Which one did you get?

24th? A full week before the students, are ye using all the CP hours for the year for that?

I don't know. I'm emailing management to find out...There are a group on our staff that always shout loudly about coming back as early as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

"The Minister also confirmed that she had been working with the public health authorities to ensure that the public health advice underpinning the safe reopening of schools is fully up to date.

The HSE's Health Protection Surveillance Centre has confirmed that all recommendations published in the public health advice by the Minister at the beginning of July including physical distancing guidelines as set out in the recently published roadmap still apply in all schools, with the exception of the recommendations on face coverings which has been updated to reflect the latest research and expertise.

It is now recommended that teachers and secondary school students wear face coverings, similar to those worn in shops or on public transport, when a physical distance of 2 metres cannot be maintained."

Recommended

So if the previous advice was to only wear a face mask if you can't keep the 1m distance does that mean that now that we are all going to be wearing all masks at all times then the schools dont really have to stick to keeping us 1m away from each other?

Advertisement