Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I hope this frame 11 is just a blip. Some absolutely woeful stuff being played here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Angles needs a new compass. He's played three shots a bad club player would be disappointed with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

[QUOTE=Chalk McHu

no time for the cheat. should have a life ban

• Registered Users Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

McManus v Williams, Higgins v Stevens...why even bother with a separate seniors tour?:p

McManus looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights tonight.

• Advertisement

This as good as over. Bloody BBC not showing any snooker now, unless on player.
    Would like to see Matthew beat Higgins.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

McManus looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights tonight.

Who could have predicted it......

Yes. I’m a smug git

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

This as good as over. Bloody BBC not showing any snooker now, unless on player.
    Would like to see Matthew beat Higgins.

Isn’t it on bbc4?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Ok, McManus has been dreadful tonight but i'm surprised at all his facial expressions and body language and feeling sorry for himself. Shaking his head and looking miserable all night. All he's doing is giving his opponent more confidence. The whole Angles package tonight has been one big submissive surrender.

Brian? wrote: »
    Isn’t it on bbc4?

Never even checked that station :o

I did now, and it's not on it. Will keep that channel in mind, ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭waynescales1

That was heavy going for McManus, might not see him in the BBC studio for a day or two. He’ll need some time to recover.

That was heavy going for McManus, might not see him in the BBC studio for a day or two. He’ll need some time to recover.

:pac: :pac:

Poor Angles. Can have no complaints though. Yesterday must have been his A (nowadays) game. Great interview from Williams on Eurosport. Hope he beats ballrun. MJW in form great for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/

This is the link to the world snooker website. How simple is it to to find the current tournament (whatever it is) and how the current tournament is going? (You need to search by month and click on the tournament FFS!)

I mean, try to search for all the normal questions like: the draw, who will play who, the results so far this tournament and who's on what side of the draw. It's a sh1t show of a website. Totally out of touch.

Imagine you were a naive person who might like to follow the world championship and might like to see an overview of the whole tournament...

The website is shyte. It's like it was designed by a bunch of old people who wanted to give initiated fans the basic detail and wanted to keep prospective fans away from the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Can't find any odds for a maximum in Paddys or Boyles. Used to be always a bet on that market.

5/4 in boyles, short, but at least you will have a few chances to collect

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/

This is the link to the world snooker website. How simple is it to to find the current tournament (whatever it is) and how the current tournament is going? (You need to search by month and click on the tournament FFS!)

I mean, try to search for all the normal questions like: the draw, who will play who, the results so far this tournament and who's on what side of the draw. It's a sh1t show of a website. Totally out of touch.

Imagine you were a naive person who might like to follow the world championship and might like to see an overview of the whole tournament...

The website is shyte. It's like it was designed by a bunch of old people who wanted to give initiated fans the basic detail and wanted to keep prospective fans away from the sport.

If you click on the main menu link on top right, it gives you all the available options - live scores, matches, draw, sessions etc etc. Calendar is only useful for checking past tournaments and i prefer cuetracker for that purpose anyway.

I agree its not a good website. Checking scores is all i use it for and even then it's a mystery why when i want to access live scores including frame scores, you have to use another site! They did a major revamp only a couple of years back. Imagine how crap it was before that!

Hats off to the poster here who proposed fake crowd noise as an idea because that's exactly what has happened. Adds some much needed life to the set up and brings some normality to a sterile atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭spurshero

5/4 in boyles, short, but at least you will have a few chances to collect

A little over even money there not taking much risk with a 147 ! Wouldn’t touch it that price

spurshero wrote: »
    A little over even money there not taking much risk with a 147 ! Wouldn’t touch it that price

Exactly. 2/1 minimum and possibly if it was 3/1 i'd engage. Greedy gits.

A century in first frame in this Robbo match. Think all matches have at least one ton thus far.

Another excellent century from Robbo who goes into the interval at parity. I fancy him to win this match and possibly go on and win the tournament. Wenbo hanging in there to be fair to him in what promises to be a good second session later on tonight.

• Advertisement

Hats off to the poster here who proposed fake crowd noise as an idea because that's exactly what has happened. Adds some much needed life to the set up and brings some normality to a sterile atmosphere.

*shyly acknowledges fake forum applause*

It's still sounding more obviously fake to my ears than the 'crowd noise' at lockdown football matches, but I'll probably get used to it...

*shyly acknowledges fake forum applause*

It's still sounding more obviously fake to my ears than the 'crowd noise' at lockdown football matches, but I'll probably get used to it...

Ha, i thought it sounded more fake than the fake football noise myself. But hopefully it will get better ot more 'normal' as the days go by. Has to be better than total silence, though.

Ha, i thought it sounded more fake than the fake football noise myself. But hopefully it will get better ot more 'normal' as the days go by. Has to be better than total silence, though.

Be good if they could introduce a bit of murmuring or the 'ooh' you get when the white ball is approaching a pocket but that's probably a bit beyond the snooker budget...

Be good if they could introduce a bit of murmuring or the 'ooh' you get when the white ball is approaching a pocket but that's probably a bit beyond the snooker budget...

How about cardboard cut outs of fans in the seats with the likes of that 'super fan' lad that's always got the ring side seats?

How about cardboard cut outs of fans in the seats with the likes of that 'super fan' lad that's always got the ring side seats?

As it appens, i know a geezer down sarf london way who's got a job lot of life size dolls he's looking to offload rather lively. Will get on the blower to Bazz right away.

I can visualise Bazza drivin the 3 wheeler to the back of the Crucible now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I think that crowd noise sounds like it was recorded in a toilet!

Bazz says cheers for the dolls, Delboy!

Bazz says cheers for the dolls!

An absolute gift. Nice bit of tarting up in the crucible costume department and bobs your uncle. Lubbly jubbly.

On a serious note though, the sounds do need some work. And for an authentic feel it requires coughing with a phone ringing at least once per frame and a liberal sprinkling of tittering at Dennis' latest gag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Criminal stuff from Wenbo to lose that 8th frame

Advertisement