Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ahh here BBC. And its not on the red button

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Sickener for King hitting the knuckle

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Bad form from BBC cutting away from the Ding v King match at such a crucial stage. They could have put it on BBC 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

sligeach wrote: »
    Bad form from BBC cutting away from the Ding v King match at such a crucial stage. They could have put it on BBC 4.

Exactly. Thats why Eurosport are better. They never mess around like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

sligeach wrote: »

Ridiculous

• Advertisement

Great stuff.

King has balls of steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

What a fluke that was!

And bbc are a fckin disgrace. Why even apologise? They're not sorry at all else they wouldn't do it.

What a fluke that was!

And bbc are a fckin disgrace. Why even apologise? They're not sorry at all else they wouldn't do it.

The pink? Fairly sure he played it no? Playing Higgins esque the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I was sure it was over and Ding had won when I turned back to BBC2 and saw some gardening thing:eek:

• Advertisement

zuutroy wrote: »
    The pink? Fairly sure he played it no? Playing Higgins esque the last hour.

Definately attempted cross double i feel. With element of safety.

What a match!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Definately attempted cross double i feel. With element of safety.

100% played that. Left the white nowhere near the cushion, so it wasn’t a safety.

Last frame is a nail biter. I’d prefer to see Ding go through as he’s really capable of challenging

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

It is rare enough for matches to go beyond 6pm. But when they do you know it's tight. What is on red button is the same as BBC1. FA cup final without the crowd noise but commentary is exactly the same. They should have given way to the snooker for 30mins here.

Brilliantly exciting. King was excellent but glad Ding has won as he brings a lot to any tournament.

No way he was playing pot on the pink. Acknowedged the fluke to ding after he potted the black. Odds on you leave it over the pocket if you attempt it. Thats how i saw it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,347 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ballsy clearance at end by Ding. Last red heart of pocket. Maybe he does have bottle after all?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

He got it done to be fair to him. I'd say he made hard work of it but he's in the next round so all that matters for now. Felt King was a bit casual with that black he played, got down very quick and missed it by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Good idea. I agree. The lads doing commentary know whena shot deaerves a clap. Give them the option to press a button.

Tbh I'm not the most attentive snooker watcher and tend drift off if I'm filling the dishwasher or doing something else at the same time. Have realised I was reliant on the crowd noises to jerk me back to it when something dramatic was happening...

No way he was playing pot on the pink. Acknowedged the fluke to ding after he potted the black. Odds on you leave it over the pocket if you attempt it. Thats how i saw it anyway.

I think he was acknowledging landing nice on the black.

• Advertisement

Another belter this evening. Angles v Williams. This could go down the home stretch also. Fancy a 10-8 or a decider.

zuutroy wrote: »
    I think he was acknowledging landing nice on the black.

Its possible. Hardly see why he'd attempt to pot that pink if he didn't think he'd be on black after. Looked like he caught the pink too thin to me which is why pink went towards pocket and white landed where it did. Only he knows i guess and all academic now anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Another belter this evening. Angles v Williams. This could go down the home stretch also. Fancy a 10-8 or a decider.

Yeah should be a close one.

Seema in the hotseat on BBC 4.

Tie of the round it appears. Angles showing he's still got it so far.
    Hopefully he's still in contention in another 6-7 frames time. Wouldn't begrudge
    MJW here, but I'd like to see McManus advance.

Yeah should be a close one.

Seema in the hotseat on BBC 4.

My money is on Williams rattling off a few frames and winning 10-6

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Brian? wrote: »
    My money is on Williams rattling off a few frames and winning 10-6

Not with pink’s like that.

Did Jan Verhaas not retire? Or did I imagine it...

Not with pink’s like that.

Did Jan Verhaas not retire? Or did I imagine it...

He just gets less matches these days

they/them/theirs

Hard to see the brown when close to the reds. I should know as i have colour blindness myself. Knew Ebdon had it but didn't know Williams had it.

Last i saw of that wiley old fox John Higgins he was trailing Matthew Stevens 1-2. Roll on couple of hours and i see he's leading 6-3. Hard as granite is the Wizard of Wishaw.

• Advertisement

First look at Angles here and it's not been pretty. Some very poor play. If he doesn't sharpen up it could be a routine victory for Willo.

Advertisement