Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,421 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

O'Sullivan is dreadful. Could have missed earlier. Will the studio now say Selby was unlucky to have left the red he took on, into the opposite corner? Like they did with Ronnie in the last frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

sligeach wrote: »
    O'Sullivan is dreadful. Could have missed earlier.

Dreadful is harsh. He’s missed a couple of balls yeah but not much more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Ronnie inspires little confidence at the moment. He looks rattled.

That last frame last night i feared would get into Ronnie's mind. He's awful today.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Dreadful is harsh. He’s missed a couple of balls yeah but not much more than that

His cueball control is terrible and he's missed easy chances.The long pots he had, he was lucky to have near the pockets.

• Advertisement

The way Ronnie's playing, Selby would want to lose an arm and a leg to be beaten here.

sligeach wrote: »
    His cueball control is terrible and he's missed easy chances.The long pots he had, he was lucky to have near the pockets.

He’s struggling yeah. I’m not disputing that. Dreadful was a very strong word for it was all I was saying.

Great pot there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

This is brutal stuff. I might turn it off for a few frames...

OJ I'll be watching all afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭amens

C'mon Mark. Wrap yourself around him and constrict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Great frame from Selby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Knowing how it's going to end up I stopped watching. Not a competition. O'Sullivan too reckless and may as well hand the match over in wrapping paper.

That was a decent pot from Ronnie, at long last.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Ronnie has the mental fortitude of a wet paper bag

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Augme

Ronnie seems to be falling apart a bit here. If Selby gets 3 frames in front he will have a big mountain to climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Inviere

The way Ronnie's playing, Selby would want to lose an arm and a leg to be beaten here.

Agreed, it's over. Ronnie hasn't got the head to beat Selby...he has the skill, not the head. He takes on some stupid shots at times he should be tying Selby up in knots. Fine, he doesn't like to play that way...but sometimes you need to grind out a win & he doesn't seem happy to bother doing that. Selby wins four on the bounce, goes into the lead, & O'Sullivan not looking remotely interested in a safety battle....the rest of this match will be a slog of pure disappointment.

Hopefully Wilson gets through & beats Selby in the final.

And break over already. Brutal stuff.

Come on Ronnie.. Not many want to see a Selby/Wilson or McGill final

From looking like 6-2 in front to going 7-5 behind, all my fears about Ronnie have come to pass. He looks brittle out there and Selby has him in his pocket.

Hope his cuppa energises the Rocket at interval. A reprieve here, mon Ron.

This is a good break is right, John Parrott. Just as I say that, looks like it's over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Inviere wrote: »
    Agreed, it's over. Ronnie hasn't got the head to beat Selby...he has the skill, not the head. He takes on some stupid shots at times he should be tying Selby up in knots. Fine, he doesn't like to play that way...but sometimes you need to grind out a win & he doesn't seem happy to bother doing that. Selby wins four on the bounce, goes into the lead, & O'Sullivan not looking remotely interested in a safety battle....the rest of this match will be a slog of pure disappointment.

Hopefully Wilson gets through & beats Selby in the final.

Another win for an amateur :-)

"Looking ominous" says Stephen Hendry in a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TheHopeful

What's with all the silly comments? You'd swear Selby has the match won. Ronnie not at the races so far today, but it's a marathon not a sprint. No doubt it will go down to the wire.

That should be 7-5 now.

TheHopeful wrote: »
    What's with all the silly comments? You'd swear Selby has the match won. Ronnie not at the races so far today, but it's a marathon not a sprint. No doubt it will go down to the wire.

Yes but a 5 time world champion clearly can’t make a match of it. Doesn’t have it in him

He’s been battered this session but there is so much snooker to play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭taytobreath

im not writin ronnie off yet, but wow he's hard to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That attempt to pot that red into middle from Ronnie was silly, never possible to cut that in, and then leave it for Selby. Throwing it away Ronnie, needs to gather himself, stop forcing it.

TheHopeful wrote: »

You're living up to your username :D

I really hope you're right :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Selby really getting into a rhythm now, 5 frames in a row for him.
    The break might help Ronnie

• Advertisement

That attempt to pot that red into middle from Ronnie was silly, never possible to cut that in, and then leave it for Selby. Throwing it away Ronnie, needs to gather himself, stop forcing it.

Yeah exactly. The first frame there whilst Selby was hitting the (marginally) better safety shots Ronnie still just forced it.

He clearly has the game to do it but if he could only be a bit more patient, if only to left Selby know that he’s not going to take on every single half chance

Advertisement