Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Is this match going to be finished today or tomorrow? I'm at work and can't seem to find the answer

Morning and Evening sessions tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I did not think he would have attempted that red. Very un-Selby like.
    Gifts Ronnie a great chance.

Surprised he tried that red to middle. Very un-Selby as you said.

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Is this match going to be finished today or tomorrow? I'm at work and can't seem to find the answer

2 sessions due tomorrow. Morning and evening. I reckon it'll still be going on into the evening Andrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Funny how commentators have done a 180 on the Selby v O'Sullivan game. Yesterday was all Ronnie xyz genius etc especially by Parrott. Now he has completely changed his tune. Selby matchplay granite etc.

I am still standing by my Selby will strangle O'Sullivan - original prediction.
    Plus saw the bit about Wilson's family. His wife seems very clued in!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Funny how commentators have done a 180 on the Selby v O'Sullivan game. Yesterday was all Ronnie xyz genius etc especially by Parrott. Now he has completely changed his tune. Selby matchplay granite etc.

Yea she seems to watch him practise a lot. How exciting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Her husband going from earning no money at all for years and being away from home all the time to winning £85k for 1 weeks work in China may have raised her interest.

I don't think (what little I know :p) that anybody could have played that shot much better than what Mark did. Even to a non snooker player it looked a 4/10, at best, with no possible 'safety in mind' - madness.

Selby will be sickened if he doesn't get out 6-2, much like Ronnie probably was yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Nothing wrong with Ronnies safety here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Not getting run of the ball Ronnie

• Advertisement

I'd say, out of the 2 of them that Ronnie will be 'on it' in the morning.
    Could win that session 6-2, if he's not too demoralised. Still hope in this frame I suppose,
    with the reds all acting somewhat like 'blockers' for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ronnie spends most of his time telling anyone that will listen '' I don't care, whatever, doesn't matter'' , trying to convince himself of that I feel.
    I think he does care, punching the table is an insight into him.

Ronnie spends most of his time telling anyone that will listen '' I don't care, whatever, doesn't matter'' , trying to convince himself of that I feel.

Nobody believes that nonsense, least of all himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I dunno I've punched tables in frustration for things I'm not wholly invested in. Rte Player springs to mind :)

Horrible session for Ronnie. If he didn't sleep well last night he'll be feeling worse tonight. Selby salvaged a 5-3 loss last night while Ronnie only managed 2 frames today. Thats the difference. Not over yet but Selby looks the surer bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

ronnie is gonna win the next 3 frames with 1 visit attempts

Hhhmmm. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Bad session for Ronnie, and none of it his fault really, didn't get any luck, and you need a bit of luck. Every time Selby messed up, and smashed into the reds he managed not only not to leave anything on, but it was difficult to play safe.
    Luck all on Sebly at the moment, could swing again though.

Plenty of it was his fault to be fair. Wasn't on it at all.

O'Sullivan lucky it's not 10-6 to Selby. O'Sullivan did have some good luck at points in that session. The 2 frames Ronnie won, Selby let him in with sitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭taytobreath

the psychologist mark peters? will be telling Ronnie, hey your only 2 behind despite you playing badly.

I think there's still plenty left in the tank with Ronnie. He's still only in 1st gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

This is a tight one. In my mind Selby played to near his best and O’Sullivan still had good chances in 5/6 Frames. Poor potting/positional play cost him.

I’d be amazed if he wasn’t better in the morning. And he won’t have to be much better to rattle off a couple of quick frames.

Really looking forward to tomorrow’s sessions

I think tomorrow is Ronnie's first morning session of the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭Augme

the psychologist mark peters? will be telling Ronnie, hey your only 2 behind despite you playing badly.

I think there's still plenty left in the tank with Ronnie. He's still only in 1st gear.

He's been in first gear all tournament and never really looked like he could get out of it. His consistency is hasn't been good enough but he hasn't played anyone good enough to punish him.

Huge last.frame.for Selby. He will be think if he can put in a good performance for tomorrow mornings session and nick the first two frames then he almost has it won.

I agree, Ronnie doesn't have to improve much. Selby winning by playing poor, and I don't think he has as many gears to find as Ronnie, which shows how bad O'Sullivan's been. Ronnie brings his game tomorrow, and he could win 17-12, and no one on here be surprised, based on tomorrow's potential showing. Have lost enough on snooker this year, but a bet on Ronnie to win the match would appeal, if close to evens (haven't checked prices).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

If I'm trying to look at it positively from ronnie perspective, I'd say better have that blip second session than third session, as happened last time here in 2014. Unlike then, has an overnight to recalibrate and decide how badly he wants to dig in for the 6th. We know he does badly want it, thats not at issue i think. Today wasnt a disaster, could've been but wasnt. Could still lose anyway, but would be good to see him show up positive and think we will.

The first mini session tomorrow doesn't leave any room for error for Ronnie. If Selby wins the first frame or two the molehill becomes an Everest. Against any other player at this stage after watching the first two sessions i wouldn't be dismissing him as much but Selby is a mental monster and hard as steel under pressure and Ronnie has shown that Selby can reduce him to a mental midget at Sheffield. If Selby goes 11-7 in front i dont give Ronnie much if any hope of a comeback. Hope i'm wrong but watching a lot of the opening two sessions was a little 'torturous' at times. Selby has played better than i expected and although i predicted a Ronnie win i get the feeling it could wrong pretty quickly tomorrow. Selby is more reliable under the cosh.

"Pure class sport at its finest." Rob Walker's introduction to tonight's semi-final. I don’t know about that.

sligeach wrote: »
    "Pure class sport at its finest." Rob Walker's introduction to tonight's semi-final. I don’t know about that.

Keep posting lads because i'm watching the football tonight. Probably the first semi final ever i ain't watching.

Tough choice between McGill and Wilson or RB Leipzig and Athletico Madrid. Which do I want to watch less?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

After a crap day, I’ve just collapsed on the couch and I’m hoping for some decent snooker. Even if it’s bad snooker, I’ll be happy as long as McGill doesn’t do well :pac:

Advertisement