Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 World Snooker Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Selby gone 8/13 fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

I watched Ronnie against Williams. Williams didn't have the game (anymore) and I said any other opponent will finish Ronnie off no problem.

Great talent yes but not the greatest snooker player ever. Much as I found him dull at time that's Hendry for me. Talent without temperament (and brains) not that much use.

Besides anyone who talks about other players as 'amateurs' is not concentrating on their own game. The greats remain focussed from the moment a tournament starts until they are on the bus home.

Selby outplaying Ronnie in the tactical game already.

Not being cheeky at all but that is predictable. Selby will win on safety. Ronnie doesn't have that essential part of the game.

TheHopeful wrote: »
    What's with all the silly comments? You'd swear Selby has the match won. Ronnie not at the races so far today, but it's a marathon not a sprint. No doubt it will go down to the wire.

Trust me, Selby has the match won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Ronnie's mental fragility is getting tiresome. Something doesn't go his way so he starts arsing around. His own worst enemy.

• Advertisement

forumdedum wrote: »
    Not being cheeky at all but that is predictable. Selby will win on safety. Ronnie doesn't have that essential part of the game.

Ronnie's safety play is often overlooked. When he's on it his tactical game is up near the best. Not today, though and it was apparent very early on that Selby had already tied him up in knots. And that was not a formality so early in the session.

Ronnie's mental fragility is getting tiresome. Something doesn't go his way so he starts arsing around. His own worst enemy.

Agree

What a poor attempt at splitting the pack.

Ronnie's safety play is often overlooked. When he's on it his tactical game is up near the best. Not today, though and it was apparent very early on that Selby had already tied him up in knots. And that was not a formality.

I wouldn't associate him with safety play. Last night when he got back to the table he looked as if he had no interest in fighting for the frame. The greats fight for everything. Ronnie seems to think well I'll win a few more frames instead. Who is his coach? Or more likely Ronnie doesn't listen to his coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Now Ronnie won't get a better chance to get going than this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Terrible efforts from both players. Selby will probably rue that miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Got the arm going there at least after some early wobbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭taytobreath

ronnie is gonna win the next 3 frames with 1 visit attempts

As soon as a red goes in baulk Selby goes favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Ronnie's safety play is often overlooked. When he's on it his tactical game is up near the best. Not today, though and it was apparent very early on that Selby had already tied him up in knots. And that was not a formality so early in the session.

Very few can hit a better safety shot that him, but he doesn't always have the head to get into protracted safety battles. When he does, he's one of the best at it.

Looks to me like he's frustrated, he needs a long break to get his head together.

That was some potted red by Selby.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ronnie's safety play is often overlooked. When he's on it his tactical game is up near the best.

One of the best ever yeah.

Lets not get carried away with Ronnies fragility. People weren't saying anything about Selby not even making a 40 break in the session yesterday.

Ronnie can easily rattle off 3 or 4 frame winning breaks in a row. Plenty of snooker left here.

Someone mentioned earlier about why the match from earlier wasn't being talked about. I was getting through as much work as I could today so I could watch the final session tomorrow morning!

Selby is cueing well.

That was a poor lapse in concentration from Mark.

Selby not at the races either. Ronnie could still level here.

• Advertisement

Ronnie's game really is in bits. If he can get one of these two it will be a reasonable limitation of the damage. Both and Selby should be sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Just conceded, was it not possible to try win that frame, at least attempt to pot a red, and then concede.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Just conceded, was it not possible to try win that frame, at least attempt to pot a red, and then concede.

He would have needed two snookers and maxed the black on the rest of the reds. Probably right not to bother

• Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The Nal wrote: »
    . I was getting through as much work as I could today so I could watch the final session tomorrow morning!

Final session tomorrow night.

He's no more taking this red on Selby, than I am

Going into Ebdon mode now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Is this match going to be finished today or tomorrow? I'm at work and can't seem to find the answer

I did not think he would have attempted that red. Very un-Selby like.
    Gifts Ronnie a great chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Final session tomorrow night.

Indeed yeah. Anyway, I want to see all of both!

• Advertisement

Shouldn't have played that red Selby.

Advertisement