Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    No more Pep roulette is the main upside I can see :-)

They'd still be in the PL though so it'd probably be worse if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

siblers wrote: »
    They'd still be in the PL though so it'd probably be worse if anything

I'd gone a few steps ahead and assumed the Big 6 had been booted out of the EPL :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd gone a few steps ahead and assumed the Big 6 had been booted out of the EPL :-)

If it does go ahead, it'll probably kill FPL anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,665 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

When will the Villa Everton postponed game be played, seems like games up to GW36 have been set for TV, so is it likely to be GW37/38 that the double will take place? Feels like an age that we've been waiting for this game to be played

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ace2007 wrote: »
    When will the Villa Everton postponed game be played, seems like games up to GW36 have been set for TV, so is it likely to be GW37/38 that the double will take place? Feels like an age that we've been waiting for this game to be played

The midweek being free in 37 makes it seem like good chance that will be a double. There was speculation that 37 could move back so that clubs can get an extra game in front of fans so who knows. They could play the extra games on the Saturday in 37 and move the 37 games to midweek as that would allow fans in. That feels like the most likely I would have thought so cup final week doesn't have PL games on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Not sure stopping players from representing their country is quite the deterrent that it would’ve been 30 years ago. Quite a few people have said that they could do without the added pressure for little reward and added media scrutiny.

Yeah its not like it was. We've seen in other sports players have been happy to bypass international games for the money. I'm sure they wouldn't want to miss the world Cup and euros but I'm sure they would be more than happy to pass on all the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Watford do a Norwich and go straight back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭COH

Watford do a Norwich and go straight back up.

Does Sarr still play for them? He looked class last season. Will be on the watchlist if so

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bournemouth in 4th too, so every chance they'll go up through the playoffs.

Wonder has it ever happened that the same 3 teams who went down came straight back up the following season

COH wrote: »
    Does Sarr still play for them? He looked class last season. Will be on the watchlist if so

Yep. He’s scored 13 goals in the Championship this season.

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    Bournemouth in 4th too, so every chance they'll go up through the playoffs.

Wonder has it ever happened that the same 3 teams who went down came straight back up the following season

It would be a first during the Premier League era anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

How many managers will Watford go through next season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,665 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone think there is a risk that Bruno gets rested for Pool game given United are all but guaranteed top 4?

Granted that it is Liverpool, but it's nestled between the Roma games.

He's out of sorts and unless United get a penalty he's not looking like scoring. Only for his ownership I would have sold him by now, but could free up approx. 2/3m to be invested elsewhere than holding onto him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Anyone think there is a risk that Bruno gets rested for Pool game given United are all but guaranteed top 4?

Granted that it is Liverpool, but it's nestled between the Roma games.

He's out of sorts and unless United get a penalty he's not looking like scoring. Only for his ownership I would have sold him by now, but could free up approx. 2/3m to be invested elsewhere than holding onto him.

Extremely unlikely IMO.

Whatever about cup games, if Bruno is fit, he starts. He wouldn't want to miss it himself.

Do feel your pain though, no returns really for weeks and I'm only keeping him for fear of others benefitting.

Need some advice....a recent run of good luck has propelled me up to the lofty heights of 13K which is nosebleed territory for me tbh.

This is my sixth season playing FPL and have four finishes inside the Top 50K but never really threatened the sacred ground of the top 10K at any stage.

So tldr...not sure whether I should play conservatively at this point and hope to slither into the top 10K or go balls out for it and risk dropping back to 30K.

This week for example I have Vardy, Nacho and Wood up front and a template midfield of Lingard, Salah, Jota, Bruno and Son.

The obvious transfer is probably Vardy back to Kane but was messing around there and I could take a hit for Wood to Kane and Bruno to a 7.2M mid (eg. Foden).

I'm loathe to go without Kane, and also don't want to sell Vardy before Southampton and a potential DGW.

Anyway, sorry for blathering on...would be interested to hear a few opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 32,831 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Need some advice....a recent run of good luck has propelled me up to the lofty heights of 13K which is nosebleed territory for me tbh.

This is my sixth season playing FPL and have four finishes inside the Top 50K but never really threatened the sacred ground of the top 10K at any stage.

So tldr...not sure whether I should play conservatively at this point and hope to slither into the top 10K or go balls out for it and risk dropping back to 30K.

This week for example I have Vardy, Nacho and Wood up front and a template midfield of Lingard, Salah, Jota, Bruno and Son.

The obvious transfer is probably Vardy back to Kane but was messing around there and I could take a hit for Wood to Kane and Bruno to a 7.2M mid (eg. Foden).

I'm loathe to go without Kane, and also don't want to sell Vardy before Southampton and a potential DGW.

My advice would be to follow your money leagues if you’re in the running for those (which I imagine you are)

I’m in a similar spot now at 8k, but at the same time I’m in the final of one of those competitions worth 800 euro at the weekend, so I’m obviously going to attack that rather than worry on whether I might be taking risks with my rank.

Take a step back, figure out what’s important to you in terms of achievement, and figure out what’s standing in the way of that (in terms of what your rivals have and are doing).

Think it should become apparent then whether you need to attack for more or hold what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭nice bit of green

Good luck to you both.

Play conservative. Too much variance in risk taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,225 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I would say save your transfer. But this advice is coming from someone who is just outside the top 500k. You are having a great season so you are obviously making the correct decisions at the right times and have a good team.

My advice would be stay playing the way you are playing and go with your gut.
    I wouldn't be trying to play differently because of your OR, unless you have to make tactical choices based on money mini-leagues.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Finishing 10k or 30k actually makes absolutely no real difference whatsoever.

Do what you need to win your personal leagues. Even more so if there is money on the line.

If you are not in or not interested in your personal leagues then for sure go for it and take a few risks if you think they could be fruitful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Poor tackle on gundog. Unlikely he will play this weekend!

He’s up and running now

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Have you got any chips left - if you do that should dictate everything from here on out.

I think given you've 4 finishes inside 50K you should go for it and push hard to move up. 30K is still a great season but inside 10K is something you will remember.

On the Vardy/Kane situation what often helps me is to think of it in terms of regret. Which would you regret more: If you sold Vardy and he hauled, or of you avoided Kane and he hauled. IMO if you have no chips left then rolling it may be best.

However the game is always the same - do what you think will get you the most points and don't make moves out of fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

It's probably been mentioned already but I don't recall.....why are the Chelsea / Arsenal & Utd / Leicester games moving from 36 to 35......thought it was to do with Europe but City game not moving.

Edit.....just copped it's the FA cup final!

Thanks for all the feedback lads...much appreciated.

After a few days of mature reflection I think I'm probably going to go with a slightly conservative Vardy back to Kane.

Rationale is that if Vardy hauls it's less damaging than a Kane haul....all main rivals have Kane (or highly likely to get him in) and none have Vardy.

The other half baked plan of selling Wood and Bruno has been shelved as well.... wouldn't be shocked if Bruno rolls in a penalty this weekend which again would be damaging for OR and money leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Struggling to decide who to start out of these 3: Bamford (BHA), Maddison (SOU) or Jota (MUN)

Any help would be much appreciated

Struggling to decide who to start out of these 3: Bamford (BHA), Maddison (SOU) or Jota (MUN)

Any help would be much appreciated

I only have Jota out of those three and probably benching him I'd say.

I'd go with Maddison maybe with Bamford first sub

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I only have Jota out of those three and probably benching him I'd say.

I'd go with Maddison maybe with Bamford first sub

Thanks, that's what's what I'm currently on. Liverpool's attack haven't been firing and I've already got Bruno, Salah & Shaw starting so I think Jota on the bench is the right call for me.

Bamford is a tricky one. If Raphina was playing, I'd might have started him.

Leicester look a great attacking side at the moment. Maddison's played well in the past 2 games but hasn't gotten any points. Hoping that changes tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Wan Bissaka home to Liverpool or Mount Home to Fulham. Cant decide as not sure Mount will start but if he does, looks a better points option. Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

thomasm wrote: »
    Wan Bissaka home to Liverpool or Mount Home to Fulham. Cant decide as not sure Mount will start but if he does, looks a better points option. Any thoughts ?

Mount and it's not even close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

thomasm wrote: »
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    Mount and it's not even close

Mount without question

Advertisement