Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I just looked at my main SKY team. Lanzini is it in to my shock.
    I realised what had happened in a rush making transfers I brought in Lanzini when I meant to bring in Lingard. the last gameweek.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Do we reckon that Leicester are going to miss top 4 again this season? 7 points from last 15, and they have a number of teams chasing them down, huge game next week against West Ham, and they have United, Chelsea and Spurs in last 3 games of season.

Vardy is AWOL in front of goals - 1 goal in his last 13 games is not the form to get top 4. Also only kept 1 CS in last 7 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,839 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Do we reckon that Leicester are going to miss top 4 again this season? 7 points from last 15, and they have a number of teams chasing them down, huge game next week against West Ham, and they have United, Chelsea and Spurs in last 3 games of season.

Vardy is AWOL in front of goals - 1 goal in his last 13 games is not the form to get top 4. Also only kept 1 CS in last 7 games.
    I think they might, but that they're still a great wildcard shout from 31-35 (obviously West Ham is the worst bit of that. I will be setting up to reshake things in 36.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »

A few weeks back I thought they would, but all the teams chasing them with nicer fixtures aren’t playing well at all. So they may fall over the line. Those last 3 look like it’ll make or break them

Bench boost is gonna get me 5 points
    Meselier 2
    Cancelo 0
    Dallas 2
    Bale 1

The Sheffield United goal was a killer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Bench boost is gonna get me 5 points
    Meselier 2
    Cancelo 0
    Dallas 2
    Bale 1

The Sheffield United goal was a killer

I got one point. Areola, Gundogan, Rudiger and Azpilicueta

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Pukki hat-trick tonight for anyone looking beyond this season :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Pukki hat-trick tonight for anyone looking beyond this season :cool:

Buendia with a goal and 3 assists in the first half too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Pukki price next season??

Surely no more than 7m (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Buendia with a goal and 3 assists in the first half too!

And an 18 year old Irish lad called Omobamidele at centre back. Possible 4.0m starting defender ;-)

• Advertisement

Just wondering if we can all come together and agree on a new thread without going down the feedback route ?

I’m thinking of a thread for the managers that want to talk about improving their weekly benching or transfer decisions.

I don’t see the value in having those comments in any other of the threads and especially not in the match day thread where I’m sure people only want to read about the matches. Not what players you did or didn’t buy. Not what players you did or didn’t start/bench.

So it could be a reflection thread. -

‘Damn I started Frank and benched Bob. Don’t think that’s gonna work out for me now’.

‘Typical, I was choosing between buying Tom or Tim this week and looks like I got it wrong again’.

‘You can be assured that Simon will score a brace this week because I sold him for Rob’.

I think we can have a thread for managers that want to talk about these decisions they got wrong and keep the match day thread for posting your team and then commenting on the matches.

Would be also good if we could have more informative posts about players in or out of form rather than ‘I see Lance has turned in to a bag of ****’.

What say ye ? Surely it’s not too much to ask ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I don’t mind the commentary on how the week is going for your team

I do find the first five pages of people posting their teams very tedious

And unless you’ve done really well or really sh!t I don’t care about your score

But maybe I’m just a cantankerous c**t

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Green&Red wrote: »
    I don’t mind the commentary on how the week is going for your team

I do find the first five pages of people posting their teams very tedious

And unless you’ve done really well or really sh!t I don’t care about your score

But maybe I’m just a cantankerous c**t

I quite like the commentary, it can be entertaining. Reckon a thread with match updates only would be fairly sterile.

I quite like the commentary, it can be entertaining. Reckon a thread with match updates only would be fairly sterile.

Agreed

Yeah I've given up on GW threads, 80% of it is stuff that I've no interest in:
    1. "Here's my team"
    2. "Aguero miss (would have been Mahrez assist)"
    3. "46 (-4) with 4 to play"

A thread like you mention would be better kloperrama

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

1. "Here's my team"

The GW threads were better when there were 6 games at 3pm on a Saturday. Hopefully that returns from next season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

1. "Here's my team"

Sorry but if 2 above is not in the matchday thread then we may as well give up this form, it’s an update from the match that lets anyone not watching know what just happened.

Agree fully with extra gravys comments above.

1. "Here's my team"

AdpRo wrote: »
    Sorry but if 2 above is not in the matchday thread then we may as well give up this form, it’s an update from the match that lets anyone not watching know what just happened.

1 & 3 are the ones I’d like rid of. Nobody cares about your team and only cares about your scores if you’ve done savage or terrible

2 is an actual match up date.

Agree with Rik re concurrent matches lending itself to a better match day thread

AdpRo wrote: »

Does anyone really watch football by refreshing the Matchday Thread these days? FotMob, Livescore etc will send you push notifications to your phone rather than constantly F5'ing. Maybe there are people who do it, it's not for me. Maybe I'm just getting old, weekends are for kids these days rather than stuck in phones.

I'd be interested in an analysis thread for gameweeks (separate from the live updates), that you can go back and read it later that evening and read the conversations, like the chat Kloperamma suggested:
    • ‘Damn I started Frank and benched Bob. Don’t think that’s gonna work out for me now’.
    • ‘Typical, I was choosing between buying Tom or Tim this week and looks like I got it wrong again’.
    • ‘You can be assured that Simon will score a brace this week because I sold him for Rob’.

Does anyone really watch football by refreshing the Matchday Thread these days? FotMob, Livescore etc will send you push notifications to your phone rather than constantly F5'ing. Maybe there are people who do it, it's not for me. Maybe I'm just getting old, weekends are for kids these days rather than stuck in phones.

I'd be interested in an analysis thread for gameweeks (separate from the live updates), that you can go back and read it later that evening and read the conversations, like the chat Kloperamma suggested:
    • ‘Damn I started Frank and benched Bob. Don’t think that’s gonna work out for me now’.
    • ‘Typical, I was choosing between buying Tom or Tim this week and looks like I got it wrong again’.
    • ‘You can be assured that Simon will score a brace this week because I sold him for Rob’.

I think it’s fair for the matchday thread to include actual match observations as well as goals and assists.

It’s good to read -

‘Aguero played well today. Looks very sharp and fit again. Had 3 very good chances but the GK made 2 excellent saves. On another day he could have scored 2 and maybe had an assist’

or

‘Think Aguero had a bit of a stinker. Didn’t really get in to any threatening positions to score. Looked a bit leggy and could be protecting himself for a move in the summer. His body language was off too’.

That allows readers to see straight away that they may want to keep/sell Aguero or monitor the situation themselves.

Or -

Southampton playing great stuff but unlucky again today. Surely it’s just a matter of time before they put a good run together. A few important decisions went against them today. Very unlucky not to get a win never mind lose the match.

I also think the goal and assist updates are better on Boards because we factor in what is a FPL assist whereas apps don’t.

A different thread would allow managers to talk about players they did or didn’t buy, or recently sold, rather than clogging up the matchday thread with that kind of information. It would allow the matchday thread to flow better.

A thread seperate to the match day thread would allow managers to talk about those close calls in players they bought or sold. Or who they may get off the bench if someone doesn’t play and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I think it’s fair for the matchday thread to include actual match observations as well as goals and assists.

It’s good to read -

‘Aguero played well today. Looks very sharp and fit again. Had 3 very good chances but the GK made 2 excellent saves. On another day he could have scored 2 and maybe had an assist’

or

‘Think Aguero had a bit of a stinker. Didn’t really get in to any threatening positions to score. Looked a bit leggy and could be protecting himself for a move in the summer. His body language was off too’.

That allows readers to see straight away that they may want to keep/sell Aguero or monitor the situation themselves.

Or -

Southampton playing great stuff but unlucky again today. Surely it’s just a matter of time before they put a good run together. A few important decisions went against them today. Very unlucky not to get a win never mind lose the match.

I also think the goal and assist updates are better on Boards because we factor in what is a FPL assist whereas apps don’t.

A different thread would allow managers to talk about players they did or didn’t buy, or recently sold, rather than clogging up the matchday thread with that kind of information. It would allow the matchday thread to flow better.

A thread seperate to the match day thread would allow managers to talk about those close calls in players they bought or sold. Or who they may get off the bench if someone doesn’t play and so on.

I would agree on the boards updates too for matchdays, the apps won't tell you who was fouled for the penalty/free kick or whatever the goal came from if it's an FPL assist rather than a normal assist.

Also agree with the close calls post matchday or a watchlist - we used to have that in recent seasons but I noticed in disappeared this year. Players you think will do well, etc. or someone who played well, got into good positions but ultimately never returned. It comes up in the transfer thread for upcoming thread but can go under the radar with the huge amounts of posts on other transfers.

I would agree on the boards updates too for matchdays, the apps won't tell you who was fouled for the penalty/free kick or whatever the goal came from if it's an FPL assist rather than a normal assist.

If there's a game I want updates on I'll turn on notification form tweets from the @OfficialFPL feed, that'll give you scorers and assists as soon as they're awarded

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭COH

Great stuff

So no discussing your fantasy football team in a fantasy football forum with regards the live games.

No social interraction of any description.

No posting your team.

No posting your points, transfers or anything else.

Just... Tim passed the ball to Tom. It was a good pass. The ball is round. Tom seems most pleased. The resulting pass resulted in a loss of possession and it seems Tom's confidence might have taken a hit.

Can't wait for the next matchday thread now, sounds like a real hoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Xander10

COH wrote: »
    Great stuff

So no discussing your fantasy football team in a fantasy football forum with regards the live games.

No posting your team.

Just... Tim passed the ball to Tom. It was a good pass. The ball is round. Tom seems most pleased. The resulting pass resulted in a loss of possession and it seems Tom's confidence might have taken a hit.

I sometimes feel, Boards gets hung up on over modding. I know this is not a Mod suggestion, but like above says, you will get to a stage where everyone is afraid to type anything.

Great stuff

No posting your team.

Wow. Is that what you read ?

Reckon you could be looking for the drama queen thread.

Xander10 wrote: »
    I sometimes feel, Boards gets hung up on over modding. I know this is not a Mod suggestion, but like above says, you will get to a stage where everyone is afraid to type anything.

How about people just type about relevant stuff in the matchday thread and not about all the things they nearly did that nobody really cares about.

Ah, you nearly bought Iheanacho this week did you ? Insightful stuff alright. Reckon you are the only one to get a call wrong this week. Riveting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Great stuff

No posting your team.

I tend to agree.

What’s the point of a fantasy sports forum if you are not allowed to discuss everything that goes along with fantasy sports in a general discussion thread?

Surely people can just scroll past the posts they don’t care for.

I’m not sure I want this forum to go down the road of being over-sanitised and over-modded.

I tend to agree.

What’s the point of a fantasy sports forum if you are not allowed to discuss everything that goes along with fantasy sports in a general discussion thread?

Surely people can just scroll past the posts they don’t care for.

I’m not sure I want this forum to go down the road of being over-sanitised and over-modded.

That’s not what I suggested though. Only the dramatic ones have inferred that from my post. Like the post you quoted doesn’t reflect anything that was suggested.

If people start discussing transfers in the injury and suspension thread they are pointed in the right direction. Same way the price update thread tries to stick to price falls and rises.

That’s all I’m suggesting re the matchday thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

How about people just type about relevant stuff in the matchday thread and not about all the things they nearly did that nobody really cares about.

Ah, you nearly bought Iheanacho this week did you ? Insightful stuff alright. Reckon you are the only one to get a call wrong this week. Riveting stuff.

Bit rich calling someone out as a drama queen in one post and then getting all drama queen in the next post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Just scroll past the posts that don’t interest you . It’s not like the match day threads have thousands of posts

Advertisement