Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,442 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    I would say that the 2 to listen to for informative content are FPL Wire and FPL Blackbox, but that FML FPL is a fun listen also aswell.

Yeah I like Blackbox, haven't listened to the Wire but follow the guys on Twitter, find their content some of the best on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,831 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah I like Blackbox, haven't listened to the Wire but follow the guys on Twitter, find their content some of the best on there.

Really really good pod yeah. Not hard to tell the guys who want to be about their actual content, rather than adopting an online persona for gimmick purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just looking on to the next few weeks, we've 4 gameweeks in 2 weeks. 2 midweek rounds with weekend rounds also. Also currently 4 games at the 3pm Saturday kickoff slot (looks like TV have already picked their games).

Any team with a covid outbreak is gonna have a serious backlog.

We need a new acronym or initialism.

I’ve noticed a lot of a certain type of posts in the live gameweek threads for a number of weeks or months.

I don’t remember them previously or at least not as much.

I think it’s great, obviously, to be happy when your player scores or keeps a clean sheet. Post and celebrate.

But it’s when a player misses a peno, loses a clean sheet or get a red/yellow card and there is - ‘yes, delighted as I don’t own him’ type posts. ‘Fantastic to see that clean sheet go because I don’t own any defence from that team’.

Seems to take away from the nature of the forum to me. We all help each other out with decisions and information so why bother to post when a player/team you don’t own ****s up ? And just to celebrate someone’s else pain too.

It’s only in the gameweek thread it happens and it definitely feels more like a soccer forum vibe.

We could go soft - TOOM - think of other managers

or

A little harder - NNTBAC - no need to be a .....

Whatever happened to managers only talking about their own players anyway ? (in context of the matchday thread anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I’ve noticed a lot of a certain type of posts in the live gameweek threads for a number of weeks or months.

I think it’s great, obviously, to be happy when your player scores or keeps a clean sheet. Post and celebrate.

But it’s when a player misses a peno, loses a clean sheet or get a red/yellow card and there is - ‘yes, delighted as I don’t own him’ type posts. ‘Fantastic to see that clean sheet go because I don’t own any defence from that team’.

Seems to take away from the nature of the forum to me. We all help each other out with decisions and information so why bother to post when a player/team you don’t own ****s up ? And just to celebrate someone’s else pain too.

It’s only in the gameweek thread it happens and it definitely feels more like a soccer forum vibe.

or

Yeah must agree, one of the things I like about here is most give honest advice to help people, and don't gloat, noone of the inject it BS from Twitter

World is rough enough these days and it's only a game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,831 ✭✭✭✭CSF

or

Whatever happened to managers only talking about their own players anyway ? (in context of the matchday thread anyway)
    There is no way I haven't been guilty of this at some stage, and yet I still agree.

Or

GTFWTS - Get tae **** with that ****e

This would be Francis ‘Franco’ Begby’s choice.

CSF wrote: »
    There is no way I haven't been guilty of this at some stage, and yet I still agree.

I’m sure I’ve been guilty of it too but I try and think of other managers before posting.

I like to keep my furore for my own players.

And I’m not trying to be a saint either. It’s probably hard not to post - ‘and that’s why I sold him 2 weeks ago’ when a player gets a red card or misses a penalty but the reality is other managers, on the forum, will still own him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

or

Totally agree. Those posts really don't add anything to the thread at all. Its definitely veering towards going against the fabled don't be a dick rule. Be nice if everyone just stuck to cheering the positive contributions of players they own and not the negative ones of players others do. As you say only rewlpy seems to be an issue in the March day thread everyone's much more pleasant in the every day threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I like this one ^^
    jimmii wrote: »
    Its definitely veering towards going against the fabled don't be a dick rule.

"Don't be a dick" shortened to DBAD, stuck out to me!

• Advertisement

Yeah the gloating has driven me away from the Gameweek threads, rarely read that nowadays. Too piling on others misery. If ya lose a clean sheet or whatever, last thing ya need to read is "beautiful" etc

I like this one ^^

"Don't be a dick" shortened to DBAD, stuck out to me!

Yeah that could be the one.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah the gloating has driven me away from the Gameweek threads, rarely read that nowadays. Too piling on others misery. If ya lose a clean sheet or whatever, last thing ya need to read is "beautiful" etc

Same. So many "get in player x blank awesome" type posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Think it really depends on the reason the person celebrates a player blank.

If I'm in a H2H game and I need a blank. I don't see why I can't celebrate a player blanking because it benefits me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

My opponent in the cup this week had double Leeds defence.

I'm not going to lie, But I was delighted when Maupay scored.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Think it really depends on the reason the person celebrates a player blank.

If I'm in a H2H game and I need a bank. I don't see why I can't celebrate a player blanking because it benefits me

I’m not saying it’s an easy line to draw.

And nobody is stopping you from celebrating it or posting it.

But it will, eventually, lead to bad feeling in the forum I think.

I have seen team bias come into too and names being used that wouldn’t be tolerated in other forums.

I don’t think it’s good but each to their own.

I also think it leads a certain type of poster to reach for the retribution post and that would be the end of the forum for me. In a heartbeat. Once the bitchiness starts I’d be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I’m not saying it’s an easy line to draw.

And nobody is stopping you from celebrating it or posting it.

But it will, eventually, lead to bad feeling in the forum I think.

I have seen team bias come into too and names being used that wouldn’t be tolerated in other forums.

I don’t think it’s good but each to their own. I also think it leads a certain type of poster to reach for the retribution post and that would be the end of the forum for me. In a heartbeat. Once the bitchiness starts I’d be out.

Ah yes I agree. Like from my on personal posts I would be more of a

''Need a KDB blank to beat my H2H match''. Understand it's different to the YESSSSSS KDB BLANK.

Ah yes I agree. Like from my on personal posts I would be more of a

''Need a KDB blank to beat my H2H match''. Understand it's different to the YESSSSSS KDB BLANK.

Spot-on.

That’s a perfect example.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭COH

I'm probably in the minority - but those posts dont really bother me at all. I like this forum and during the match days its like sitting around the pub watching a match with your mates ... theres always some level of banter, poking fun, but its never malicious.

Ultimately its a game of strategy, and luck. We all find ourselves on both sides of the divide every week. Sure its not great when things dont go your way, but if you have transferred out a defender who concedes or of your cup apponents players gets booked those have every bit as much am impact as your own player scoring so I dont see the problem with celebrating or talking about it. My mates whatsapp me delighting in my misfortune all the time and vice versa... I woke up this morning to a message telling asking me how I felt about Chilwell not getting an assist makes me feel with a sarcastic smiley face. Funny f*cker :pac:

This is the only forum I use on boards at all anymore ... I think its great and the level of info, help and bants is generally top quality (the matchday threads are my fav imo). If someone feels attacked or their mental health is effected THAT much by someone benefitting from their captain blanking etc. then thats their line in the sand tbh and the only acronym I would suggest is 'RIJAG'.

Relax, its just a game.

We are all friends here, sitting around the virtual pub table watching the match having the craic. I'd hate to see that turning into a safespace - but maybe I'm just a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

. If someone feels attacked or their mental health is effected THAT much by someone benefitting from their captain blanking etc

They should think about quitting maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The match day threads would not be much craic if they were just teamsheets & 'Player X (Player Y)'

What else do you expect to find in a thread about ongoing matches besides people celebrating or lamenting things that went for or against them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm still gonna be glad that I benched X and I'm still gonna be spiteful that I didnt play Y :)

And I'm definitely still gonna be extra happy/angry when A scores against B and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

First, VAR ban celebrations in real life, now klopparama bans celebrations on boards :pac:

Ah no, I do see where you're coming from, but I think it's obvious when someone is being a dick on here. And in fairness to this forum, people will call out those posters. But I honestly think it's rare that it occurs and celebrating a miss/blank is part of the game and is fine once it's not over the top. Like if Salah misses a penalty, and I don't own him, I am gonna celebrate. It might just be a simple "YESSSSSS" or whatever. I think that's fine. If it's persistent bragging then yeah call posters out for that.

keane2097 wrote: »
    The match day threads would not be much craic if they were just teamsheets & 'Player X (Player Y)'

What else do you expect to find in a thread about ongoing matches besides people celebrating or lamenting things that went for or against them?

Basically chatting through the action, "Gundoguan is looking very advanced here isn't he. Mitchell looks fairly solid, much better defender than PVA" etc

COH wrote: »
    I'm probably in the minority - but those posts dont really bother me at all. I like this forum and during the match days its like sitting around the pub watching a match with your mates ... theres always some level of banter, poking fun, but its never malicious.

Ultimately its a game of strategy, and luck. We all find ourselves on both sides of the divide every week. Sure its not great when things dont go your way, but if you have transferred out a defender who concedes or of your cup apponents players gets booked those have every bit as much am impact as your own player scoring so I dont see the problem with celebrating or talking about it. My mates whatsapp me delighting in my misfortune all the time and vice versa... I woke up this morning to a message telling asking me how I felt about Chilwell not getting an assist makes me feel with a sarcastic smiley face. Funny f*cker :pac:

This is the only forum I use on boards at all anymore ... I think its great and the level of info, help and bants is generally top quality (the matchday threads are my fav imo). If someone feels attacked or their mental health is effected THAT much by someone benefitting from their captain blanking etc. then thats their line in the sand tbh and the only acronym I would suggest is 'RIJAG'.

Relax, its just a game.

We are all friends here, sitting around the virtual pub table watching the match having the craic. I'd hate to see that turning into a safespace - but maybe I'm just a dick.

No harm but this post is mostly what is wrong with the internet.

Who the **** talked about mental health ?

Who talked about feeling attacked THAT much ?

Also your ‘friends’ sound like Dicks to me.

‘Bants’ is very much for male humans that are still insecure children and will hopefully one day grow to be men.

Hope that hasn’t impacted your mental health too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

No harm but this post is mostly what is wrong with the internet.

Who the **** talked about mental health ?

Who talked about feeling attacked THAT much ?

Also your ‘friends’ sound like Dicks to me.

‘Bants’ is very much for male humans that are still insecure children and will hopefully one day grow to be men.

Hope that hasn’t impacted your mental health too much.

lol your the one who sounds like he needs to look after his mental health :D

Pogue eile wrote: »
    lol your the one who sounds like he needs to look after his mental health :D

Yeah. lol. Great contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I just discovered hewt means happy enough with that. Learn something new everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,156 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1350924627569242113?s=19

Anyone know what the highest points score for a player ever is? In a single game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Fitz* wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1350924627569242113?s=19

Anyone know what the highest points score for a player ever is? In a single game.

Salah against Watford I think.

Advertisement