Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Dearg 81 is number 1 there (11 globally) as has been said, but i think number 2 is also a boardsie, Markx i believe is his name on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,922 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Morzadec wrote: »
    Dearg 81 is number 1 there (11 globally) as has been said, but i think number 2 is also a boardsie, Markx i believe is his name on here.

Yup, and Scorpion Sting not a million miles behind

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    Yup, and Scorpion Sting not a million miles behind

I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact I'm ranked in the top 100 FPL managers in the world on that site. I'm in some elite company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It's telling how many names in that top 250 I recognise as members of the Finn Harps FPL league.

Has to be one of the highest standard mini leagues in Ireland at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

POKERKING wrote: »
    Yep thats dearg at number 1.

I used to work with him and in 12/13 i was in top 150 overall going into last week. The only money league i was in was in work and was up against dearg for the overall prize. I needed to do something to try catch him and went for left field subs and left field captain. Needless to say it didnt work dearg finished in top 50ish(cant remember exactly) and i finished 349. By doing nothing id have finished top 100 and i regret it to this day. Dont know what i was thinking, prizepool wasnt even that big!

Being top 150 in the world going into the last week and not winning your work league is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I used to work with him and in 12/13 i was in top 150 overall going into last week. The only money league i was in was in work and was up against dearg for the overall prize. I needed to do something to try catch him and went for left field subs and left field captain. Needless to say it didnt work dearg finished in top 50ish(cant remember exactly) and i finished 349. By doing nothing id have finished top 100 and i regret it to this day. Dont know what i was thinking, prizepool wasnt even that big!

Ha I’m glad I’m not in your work league! Finishing top 50k is usually enough to claim top spot in my work league

thunderdog wrote: »
    Ha I’m glad I’m not in your work league! Finishing top 50k is usually enough to claim top spot in my work league

I’ve never f*ckin won mine. I’m a perennial top 10-25k finisher but every year without fail, a different person (not literally always a different person each year but there have been numerous) pulls off a top 5k finish, which I’ve only achieved once, 12/13 the season before I started in my current job.

I’m 52 points ahead in it at the moment but am taking absolutely nothing for granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I can't believe that was 8 years ago now. That was my favourite season for obvious reasons as I came 25th but also because it was when Suarez and Bale were unstoppable, there was a lot of hattricks that season.

You forgot to add that you organised that work league and kept foolishly inviting me back ;-)
    I hope you rewarded yourself for 2nd place at least! I have destroyed the work league in my current job, they don't even bother doing a money league anymore so I'll have to get you a job in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Morzadec wrote: »

That's right, we're in a few leagues together. Usually whoever finishes higher in the season takes over top spot. I'm sure there'll be some new boardsie challenging us soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Dearg81 wrote: »
    That's right, we're in a few leagues together. Usually whoever finishes higher in the season takes over top spot. I'm sure there'll be some new boardsie challenging us soon though.

Aha - nice to meet you. The boards leagues are ferocious, certainly the most competitive I'm in. I'd say ScorpionSting is on a tear the last few years - must be up there.

• Advertisement

Damn.

Just noticed I went out of the cup, in a tie, on 65 points.

They played their BB and went through on goals scored.

Surely Foden has played his way in to that City team or am I just being plain dumb, again, that Pep even thinks that way. I think he’s looked great recently.

Also tempted by Cavani. What you say United fans - will he oust Martial as your No.1 striker ? From what I’ve seen I think he can. I’d say Solskjaer loves him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

The Athletic reporting Fulham could play spurs this week instead of villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

eh i dunno wrote: »
    The Athletic reporting Fulham could play spurs this week instead of villa.

Do they expect Fulham to come up with tactics in less than 2 days now? Poor old Jim lad with FH team and no spurs and now looks like they could have a game.

I always thought it was the top x amount overall that qualify for the cup but it's actually the top x amount during GW16 only...

What's the reasoning for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Also tempted by Cavani. What you say United fans - will he oust Martial as your No.1 striker ? From what I’ve seen I think he can. I’d say Solskjaer loves him.

The the position is wide open and if either starts scoring regularly then they'll hold onto it. In the next few games I think Martial will start against teams that Utd intend to counter attack against for his pace. Against teams like Burnley then I think Cavani will be more likely to start as Utd will have more of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Surely Foden has played his way in to that City team or am I just being plain dumb, again, that Pep even thinks that way. I think he’s looked great recently.

Was only saying this in the other GW thread, Cavani is the better striker but Martial is a favourite of Ole. He'll start the next 2 games IMO unless we hear otherwise.

Would be a great differential too but don't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Was only saying this in the other GW thread, Cavani is the better striker but Martial is a favourite of Ole. He'll start the next 2 games IMO unless we hear otherwise.

Would be a great differential too but don't see it happening.

Ole did come out a few weeks back and say that Cavani would start more than he wouldn't.. so hard to know. The game(s) that he's started i don't think he's look great - but being very good went brought on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I always thought it was the top x amount overall that qualify for the cup but it's actually the top x amount during GW16 only...

What's the reasoning for that?

I'd say maybe to give people a chance if they had a bad start to the season, they can try for the cup.

I don't understand why they can't just have another round and include everyone in it

I’m a huge fan of Martial but I’ve been surprised at how good Cavani looked the few times I seen him.

Quality movement and quality finisher.

I do reckon Martial is more likely to start games with Cavani getting his minutes from the bench. Unless Martial picks up some of his usual niggles but there may be less of his niggles now that he’s got proper competition.

I have to make a call on one of them though because I want one.

Tough call.

• Advertisement

I’m a huge fan of Martial but I’ve been surprised at how good Cavani looked the few times I seen him.

Quality movement and quality finisher.

I do reckon Martial is more likely to start games with Cavani getting his minutes from the bench. Unless Martial picks up some of his usual niggles but there may be less of his niggles now that he’s got proper competition.

I have to make a call on one of them though because I want one.

Tough call.

If it makes any odds, I'll be going with Martial for my FH team this week, in my latest draft anyway. Will wait to hear more in the press conference though, I think is today (?)

If it makes any odds, I'll be going with Martial for my FH team this week, in my latest draft anyway. Will wait to hear more in the press conference though, I think is today (?)

Yep.

Press conference times:

Arteta - 9am
    Dyche - 11:30am
    Ancelotti - 1pm
    Solskjær - 1pm
    Nuno - 1pm
    Wilder - 1:30pm
    Potter - 4pm

Yep.

Press conference times:

Arteta - 9am
    Dyche - 11:30am
    Ancelotti - 1pm
    Solskjær - 1pm
    Nuno - 1pm
    Potter - 4pm

Thanks. Interesting no Spurs or Villa. Indicator perhaps it will be off?

Thanks. Interesting no Spurs or Villa. Indicator perhaps it will be off?
    Spurs only played yesterday evening and I doubt Smith is out of isolation yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If it helps (either way) I've been heavily considering Cavani for a week or two... but ultimately will depend on Spurs too, as I can't have multiple uncertainties in my FH

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Darksoul

Chelsea have been forced to shut the doors of the academy building at their Cobham training base after no fewer than 20 positive cases of COVID-19 were detected at the club.

Super Jonny Walters reliving a moment he'll never forget.

https://twitter.com/JonWalters19/status/1349062028376350729

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ElitesTeam

If players on 4 yellows get a card this weekend do they still miss the next game or is the deadline over?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

ElitesTeam wrote: »
    If players on 4 yellows get a card this weekend do they still miss the next game or is the deadline over?

Deadline is 19 games played. Each team is on a different number. Villa for example have 4 left

• Advertisement

Press conference times:

Bruce - 11:15am
    Dyche - 12:30pm
    Mourinho - 12:30pm
    Klopp - 1pm
    Nuno - 1pm
    Guardiola - 1:30pm
    Solskjær - 1:30pm
    Moyes - 1:30pm