Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Saw on Twitter Bangladesh lad has created about 13,000 FPL

Emanuel is his name! Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 33,013 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Saw on Twitter Bangladesh lad has created about 13,000 FPL

Emanuel is his name! Madness

Teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    Teams?

Yep

Yep

Quite the hobby.

Quite the hobby.

Quite the dedication to his craft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Looks like Bale is on the cusp of signing for Spurs. That'll throw the cat amongst the pigeons!

Wouldn't even attempt to guess what price he'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Southampton assets looking fairly untempting at the min, another loss tonight at home to Brentford in the cup. Near enough a full strength team as well

Lundstram wrote: »
    Looks like Bale is on the cusp of signing for Spurs. That'll throw the cat amongst the pigeons!

I think they'll go with 9m, same price as Son.

After 1 GW of data what do you think re 4.5m keepers ?

McCarthy was all the rage but who now ?

I like the idea of a Leeds Keeper but didn’t much like the look of him in the game I saw.

Any other contenders ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Spurs sign that LB from Madrid as well then Davies probably reverts back to the bench?

Probably have 2 more GWs out of him? May not even want him by then anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is anyone else unable to access the FPL site? I'm getting this, as are some people on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/HTrebles/status/1306337246799441923

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I like the idea of a Leeds Keeper but didn’t much like the look of him in the game I saw.

Any other contenders ?

Martínez if Villa keep up post restart defensive improvement. Could have his backup at 4m too.

Good call.

I’ve moved it over, and opened, a wildcard thread if anyone has any opinions.

You reckon he’ll start this GW ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is anyone else unable to access the FPL site? I'm getting this, as are some people on Twitter:

Fine for me

Good call.

I’ve moved it over, and opened, a wildcard thread if anyone has any opinions.

You reckon he’ll start this GW ?

Ah you're tempting me with the thread now! Hard to know, Nyland started the cup game so you could assume Steer would start in the league then. Home game to Sheffield not a bad fixture, I think I'd take the risk of stating Martinez and hope if he doesn't start Steer would sub in.

Ah you're tempting me with the thread now! Hard to know, Nyland started the cup game so you could assume Steer would start in the league then. Home game to Sheffield not a bad fixture, I think I'd take the risk of stating Martinez and hope if he doesn't start Steer would sub in.

Doesn’t matter. Heaton will be back at some stage and will be No.2 if not No.1

Doesn’t matter. Heaton will be back at some stage and will be No.2 if not No.1

Totally forgot about Heaton. Wouldn't be surprised if he moved on though, am sure Martínez made sure he was guaranteed number 1 before he agreed to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lundstram wrote: »

going to guess 10m - is it a given that he'll be listed as a midfield player?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Any other contenders ?

Johnstone

Ace2007 wrote: »
    going to guess 10m - is it a given that he'll be listed as a midfield player?

Yeah he'll be a midfielder.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Johnstone

Had thought of him but think WBA could be the ultimate whipping boys. And I mean ultimate.

I know he’ll get the save points but it’s always nice to have a chance of clean sheets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Had thought of him but think WBA could be the ultimate whipping boys. And I mean ultimate.

I know he’ll get the save points but it’s always nice to have a chance of clean sheets too.

Interesting I was thinking along the train of thought that billic would be a bit more wise to the premier league than parker so would have had fulham defenders down as the do not touch players

Interesting I was thinking along the train of thought that billic would be a bit more wise to the premier league than parker so would have had fulham defenders down as the do not touch players

Don’t think there’s much splitting them.

I’ll be targeting both teams as and when possible.

Ream has to be the worst premier league central defender I’ve ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I think those of us who went with the Johnstone/Button combo were hoping for a revival of Pulisball at WBA.

Early days yet but that doesn't look likely right now I have to say and signing a 47 year old Ivanovic doesn't fill me with confidence either

I know we are always making predictions and quite often we get it very wrong but surely there is no hope for Fulham or WBA staying up this season.

Apparently Clyne is training with Palace. Another obstacle for those who put Ferguson in their squad with the intention of holding til he returns

Apparently Clyne is training with Palace. Another obstacle for those who put Ferguson in their squad with the intention of holding til he returns

Former club ain’t it? He’s the forgotten man of the Premier League.

It’ll be interesting to see if he can replicate his form of about 5 seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

As if midfield wasn't a pain in the hole as it is, looks like we've got Bale, Thiago and probably Sancho stuck in the middle of everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

As if midfield wasn't a pain in the hole as it is, looks like we've got Bale, Thiago and probably Sancho stuck in the middle of everyone else

Variety makes the game a lot more exciting IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I don't think Thiago is an option from FPL perspective tbh.

Probably comes in at what 7-7.5? Will he outscore TAA? Probably not. Will he play every game? Probably not.

Advertisement