Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is Eze first choice though? Neither of them started yesterday

Fitz* wrote:
    I think he will be, once he gets match fit. He was one of the standout players in the Championship last season.

So what your saying is Eze are good (Ezeer' good).

The young fellas won't get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

spurs have no ideas going forward. took a chance on kane but will have to get rid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

As a great philosopher once wrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Naughty, naughty...... veeeeery naughty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

There’s a whole heap of lads with now idea what’s going on here :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Benimar wrote: »
    There’s a whole heap of lads with now idea what’s going on here :pac:

We're very much maligned and misunderstood.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just wondering-
    -is your captain/vice captain for the whole GW or can you switch between games
    -whats the deadline to get someone off your bench and into the team for Sunday/Monday games, can it be done right up to the kick off in real time?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just wondering-
    -whats the deadline to get someone off your bench and into the team for Sunday/Monday games, can it be done right up to the kick off in real time?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just wondering-

The deadline is 90 mins before KO in the very first game of the GW.

You must have C/VC, bench, etc all chosen and confirmed by that time. No changes after that as it counts then for the following GW. No switching between games.

GW2 deadline is 11am this Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Is it possible to keep an eye on when a player might rise? A particular website perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Is it possible to keep an eye on when a player might rise? A particular website perhaps?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058112642

Ha. Cheered the Lamptey assist and then when I was checking my score he wasn’t even in my squad.

Not sure what happened there.

Think I’ll take a -12 now, accept I made mistakes in my formation AGAIN, to set up for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ha. Cheered the Lamptey assist and then when I was checking my score he wasn’t even in my squad.

Not sure what happened there.

Think I’ll take a -12 now, accept I made mistakes in my formation AGAIN, to set up for the foreseeable.

Its very tempting isnt it - however I think I will hold any rash decisions till next week as we will have more information.

Taylor (Burnley) and the Watkins (Villa) are two I want to see play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Ah ffs, wrote a big long response to this, and the whole thing disappeared when I pressed post reply.
    Anyway, I’m thinking along similar lines, 76pts for the week was far from a disaster, but take Salahs 40pts out of it and it’s not that impressive.

That and United and City assets rising in price, puts a bit of added pressure to act that bit faster on transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Conor Gallagher will be joining WBA on loan, he's in a similar mould to Jack Grealish and was very good in the Championship last season, will 100% get him if he is around the 5 million mark.

Ah ffs, wrote a big long response to this, and the whole thing disappeared when I pressed post reply.
    Anyway, I’m thinking along similar lines, 76pts for the week was far from a disaster, but take Salahs 40pts out of it and it’s not that impressive.

That and United and City assets rising in price, puts a bit of added pressure to act that bit faster on transfers

It’s a pain in the arse and I’m furious I’ve made the same mistake I’ve made several times before.

Reece James is a big reason as he wold be my 5.0m defender but I’ve no confidence in him starting every league match.

I’ve got Robertson and I may have to downgrade him. I should have had this contingency in place before GW but I didn’t cause I’m a Dick.

In truth Salah has ****ed it all up because I can hardly sell him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

On an entirely separate note. Can yous have a look at https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/5714917/history

What is going on here? The team is entered in the Harps league but doesn't seem to have registered any points this week, or to be functioning as an actual team. They keep showing in the "New Entries" to be added after next update but obviously as they don't seem to have any points they don't go into the league.

What the....?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FHFC wrote: »
    On an entirely separate note. Can yous have a look at https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/5714917/history

What is going on here? The team is entered in the Harps league but doesn't seem to have registered any points this week, or to be functioning as an actual team. They keep showing in the "New Entries" to be added after next update but obviously as they don't seem to have any points they don't go into the league.

What the....?

It was enetered after the deadline, so no points for GW1

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It was enetered after the deadline, so no points for GW1

I was pretty sure it was entered into the Harps league before deadline, I had it marked down as entered. Maybe it was after deadline but before first update.

Yeah that's it. Was on of the later entries to the league on Saturday, so must have entered league after the GW1 deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

I think people are overreacting to the Spurs loss at the weekend. Everton look to be a decent team this season and Spurs really should have scored a couple of goals in the first half.

Their results after the restart were as follows

P 9
    W 5
    D 3
    L 1

Scored 14
    Conceded 7

Three of their next four games are Southampton, Newcastle and West Ham

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ShimSlady wrote: »
    I think people are overreacting to the Spurs loss at the weekend. Everton look to be a decent team this season and Spurs really should have scored a couple of goals in the first half.

P 9
    W 5
    D 3
    L 1

Scored 14
    Conceded 7

Agree as a whole but as an Ali owner....... I am worried

P 9
    W 5
    D 3
    L 1

Scored 14
    Conceded 7

Firstly, full disclosure, I'm a current Son owner, love owning him in FPL, but about to seel him today. My take on the stats:
    Spurs have played 19 games in 2020, that's essentially every team in the league.
    So that's 57 games for Son/Alli/Moura
    Son: 6 goals, 3 assists
    Alli: 2 goals, 1 assist
    Moura: 0 goal, 3 assists

That's 8 goals and 7 assists over 59 games (1.5 PL season), so call it 6 goals and 4 assists over a season of fixtures. That's basically Trosard, Perez, Ward-Prouse level. We saw what Mourinho did to Lukaku and Sanchez at United, he's not a manager that gets the best from attackers.

Taking Son's stats on his own, he's operting at an average of 12 goals, 6 assits over a season, that's far below Mahrez, Rashford or Pulisic (players around his price range).

If something changes, and Spurs catch form (or sack Mourinho), happy days, I'll be the first to buy Son, but until then, I'll be staying clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Story with werner being yellow flagged? Watched the game last night and didn't come off or ever look injured ?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Firstly, full disclosure, I'm a current Son owner, love owning him in FPL, but about to seel him today. My take on the stats:
    Spurs have played 19 games in 2020, that's essentially every team in the league.
    So that's 57 games for Son/Alli/Moura
    Son: 6 goals, 3 assists
    Alli: 2 goals, 1 assist
    Moura: 0 goal, 3 assists

That's 8 goals and 7 assists over 59 games (1.5 PL season), so call it 6 goals and 4 assists over a season of fixtures. That's basically Trosard, Perez, Ward-Prouse level. We saw what Mourinho did to Lukaku and Sanchez at United, he's not a manager that gets the best from attackers.

Taking Son's stats on his own, he's operting at an average of 12 goals, 6 assits over a season, that's far below Mahrez, Rashford or Pulisic (players around his price range).

If something changes, and Spurs catch form (or sack Mourinho), happy days, I'll be the first to buy Son, but until then, I'll be staying clear.

I think the entire seasons stats can be taken with a pinch of salt seen as they were under different management for a lot of it. There was also a 4 month break after which their form picked up considerably.

That said I will be shipping Son out if they look bad against Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

P 9
    W 5
    D 3
    L 1

Scored 14
    Conceded 7

I thought Son played well first half. He will find it easier against Southampton too as they play a high line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Story with werner being yellow flagged? Watched the game last night and didn't come off or ever look injured ?

Dead leg . He finished game so shouldn’t be a worry

YEah he had Ice around his leg when being interviewed last night

I think the entire seasons stats can be taken with a pinch of salt seen as they were under different management for a lot of it. There was also a 4 month break after which their form picked up considerably.

I only took 2020 to show the Mourinho effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Son could have had 2 assists in that first half, the spurs reaction is purely based on the second half performance and when they went 1-0 down - seems little be of an overreaction.

Kane was inches from getting onto the end of a Son cross
    Son should have played Kane in but passed to Ali who forced a good saved from Pickford
    Kane also played Doherty and again took a good save from Pickford

if Doherty had of score that or Son got one of those assists - would people be talking about selling them?

Folk hardly bought spurs assets for the first game of season at Everton? They have a nice run of 8 games.

Advertisement