Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Son could have had 2 assists in that first half, the spurs reaction is purely based on the second half performance and when they went 1-0 down - seems little be of an overreaction.

Kane was inches from getting onto the end of a Son cross
    Son should have played Kane in but passed to Ali who forced a good saved from Pickford
    Kane also played Doherty and again took a good save from Pickford

if Doherty had of score that or Son got one of those assists - would people be talking about selling them?

Folk hardly bought spurs assets for the first game of season at Everton? They have a nice run of 8 games.

Agreed, I was much more relaxed after actually seeing the highlights. I have Doherty and Saiss or Digne are very tempting but its not worth a defender transfer.

I probably want to bank, the only possible consideration would be to swap Werner to Martial for the next 2 weeks.

Werner - LIV, wba
    Martial - CRY, bha

Not much in it really. Brighton looked very decent defensively last night, while Palace were also solid and beat Utd last time. Werner could do damage against Liverpool if they defend high like the did against Leeds.

It’s a pain in the arse and I’m furious I’ve made the same mistake I’ve made several times before.

Reece James is a big reason as he wold be my 5.0m defender but I’ve no confidence in him starting every league match.

I’ve got Robertson and I may have to downgrade him. I should have had this contingency in place before GW but I didn’t cause I’m a Dick.

In truth Salah has ****ed it all up because I can hardly sell him now.

I dont have Robertson and have him in my plans to get in he took corners on both sides for Liverpool during the game and some freekicks, I'll wait and see with him another game but he is hevily on my mind.

Could have had 2 assists only VVDs 2nd was ruled out.

Also would love james except for the uncertainty over starting, had him for a long time in my pre season drafts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

What has been the general consensus on Mahrez? His points to minutes have been very good the last two years but the issue is the minutes. City fans expecting to see more of him this year? I'm very tempted at 8.5m but the potential lack of minutes is a worry.

Last Year
    - Made 21 starts and 12 sub appearances
    - Only finished 9 of his starts. When he played 90 minutes, he blanked 3 out of the 9 games.
    - 11 goals and 14 assists
    - Averaged over 8 points per 90 minutes last year
    - Doesn't seem to get many points when coming off the bench, most of his goals and assists coming when he starts

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I thought about Mahrez in the initial draft but yeah the minutes is the problem. Its impossible to second guess Pep and because he has such depth on the bench he has many combinations he can play with for varying teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fromvert wrote: »
    What has been the general consensus on Mahrez? His points to minutes have been very good the last two years but the issue is the minutes. City fans expecting to see more of him this year? I'm very tempted at 8.5m but the potential lack of minutes is a worry.

Last Year
    - Made 21 starts and 12 sub appearances
    - Only finished 9 of his starts. When he played 90 minutes, he blanked 3 out of the 9 games.
    - 11 goals and 14 assists
    - Averaged over 8 points per 90 minutes last year
    - Doesn't seem to get many points when coming off the bench, most of his goals and assists coming when he starts

The other issue is that you'll more than likely have KdB - is double city midfield worth it - when you have so many other options from other teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The other issue is that you'll more than likely have KdB - is double city midfield worth it - when you have so many other options from other teams.

I have PEA and Salah, was thinking of doing PEA to KDB this week but might just stick with PEA so now I'm looking for City coverage and with KDB and Sterling being out of reach with Salah and PEA, Mahrez then looks the next best from midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mahrez is the option towards the end of season imo when you need a sneaky differential to try get City points.

KDB the one to start with imo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Best route into Leeds attack with some nice fixtures ahead? Harrison?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Former fantasy favourite Bale might be returning to premiership. Maybe with spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Former fantasy favourite Bale might be returning to premiership. Maybe with spurs

I'm gonna guess 9.0 if he makes the move to either Spurs/United.

• Advertisement

Leaning about 80% towards a WC.

I know the defenders i want.

Pretty much know the midfielders I want too.

Have a fair idea of my strikers too.

It would leave me at good price points for moving between midfielders and strikers as and when needed.

If Havertz is going to miss this GW then I’ll 100% do it.

I feel like I know at least 9 of the players I want, going forward, so why **** about waiting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I feel like I know at least 9 of the players I want, going forward, so why **** about waiting ?

Because the players you want could all change again by the end of this weekend?

Pete_Cavan wrote: »

Nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not sure this is really the case., I'm considering it too. I want proven performers like Digne, a Wolves defender, KDB, Bruno, Martial and maybe Ricky . I think it's different this year from other seasons, my thinking isn't just based on one week's performances.

Not sure this is really the case., I'm considering it too. I want proven performers like Digne, a Wolves defender, KDB, Bruno, Martial and maybe Ricky . I think it's different this year from other seasons, my thinking isn't just based on one week's performances.

You could have had Digne, Ricky and a wolves defender last week though - so obv you must be placing significant weight on GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You could have had Digne, Ricky and a wolves defender last week though - so obv you must be placing significant weight on GW1.

I had a Wolves defender pencilled in from gameweek 4 on anyway and re: Digne I wanted to wait and see if he was still on set pieces and that's where he got his assist from. True I'm putting some weight on Everton's performance but why not? I can see why taking a patient approach makes sense but it's about taking some risks sometimes as well.

I had a Wolves defender pencilled in from gameweek 4 on anyway and re: Digne I wanted to wait and see if he was still on set pieces and that's where he got his assist from. True I'm putting some weight on Everton's performance but why not? I can see why taking a patient approach makes sense but it's about taking some risks sometimes as well.

Yeah. I’m happy to get ahead of the curve.

I think I see what’s about to happen so I’ll back myself.

More than 1 way to play the game.

Not sure if the people who argue against it are afraid they’re missing something and trying to reassure themselves ?

Otherwise why would you be bothered to be so vocally against it on a forum ? By all means don’t do it.

I’m certainly not looking for guidance. Just letting everyone know to stand back as I’m about to launch.

Yeah. I’m happy to get ahead of the curve.

I think I see what’s about to happen so I’ll back myself.

More than 1 way to play the game.

Not sure if the people who argue against it are afraid they’re missing something and trying to reassure themselves ?

Otherwise why would you be bothered to be so vocally against it on a forum ? By all means don’t do it.

I’m certainly not looking for guidance. Just letting everyone know to stand back as I’m about to launch.

Well you did ask the question "why **** about waiting? If you ask a question - it's likely you want someone to try talk you out of it.

By all means WC away - like you said it shouldn't affect anyone else. - indeed WC don't affect prices (apparently) - so it works out better for everyone for you to WC instead of taking points hits :)

Well you did ask the question "why **** about waiting? If you ask a question - it's likely you want someone to try talk you out of it.

By all means WC away - like you said it shouldn't affect anyone else. - indeed WC don't affect prices (apparently) - so it works out better for everyone for you to WC instead of taking points hits :)

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any clarity re the price changes and especially for the Manchester clubs.

Some talk they won’t rise or fall without playing but that means I don’t understand the fact they are predicted to (rise) each night.

Anyway, I’d think about holding off for another week if I knew for sure that there would be no price changes (Manchester clubs) before the GW starts.

But as ever, with the guys at FPL Towers, we have no clue what’s going on for sure.

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any clarity re the price changes and especially for the Manchester clubs.

Some talk they won’t rise or fall without playing but that means I don’t understand the fact they are predicted to (rise) each night.

Anyway, I’d think about hold off another week if I knew for sure that there would be no price changes (Manchester clubs) before the GW starts.

But as ever, with the guys at FPL Towers, we have no clue what’s going on for sure.

Ha and sure we might get another WC mid season if there are any games called off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Anyway, I’d think about holding off for another week if I knew for sure that there would be no price changes (Manchester clubs) before the GW starts.

every year its the same - it takes a few weeks before the algorithm is close to correct.

it logically makes sense that players cannot rise until after their opening game week (but it also must have been a nightmare to adjust programming - given some players have had an opening game week while others havent).

the predictions would be primarily based on the transfers in/out (minus wild carded selections) - which would be why the prediction model would put the manchester players up - but the adjustment for gameweek1 would ultimately nullify it (pure guesswork on my behalf). it makes sense that transfers prior to gameweek1 are not included in price increases, but strange that individual players gameweek adjustment would be a factor in the programming.

Aye. But why don’t they just tell us what’s happening ?

I’ve never known a game, especially current day, to be shrouded in so much secrecy.

It’s bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I’ve never known a game, especially current day, to be shrouded in so much secrecy.

It’s bizarre.

I don't even think they know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭touts

It’s bizarre.

Could be a glitch in the program. Program says a player can't rise until their season starts. They never thought something like this would happen. Worked OK for years but now not working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Or it's nothing to do with them at all, the prediction sites just estimate based on transfers in/out there's nothing to say that any of them actually change price this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

It’s bizarre.

I presume you are talking about the Premier League providing official stats on when prices are going to change? It would make so much sense for them to do so, drive more clicks on their site rather than non-connected sites, more pages to splash advertising and sponsorship on, etc. They are basically passing up the opportunity to create revenue for themselves, allowing others to hoover that up instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I presume you are talking about the Premier League providing official stats on when prices are going to change? It would make so much sense for them to do so, drive more clicks on their site rather than non-connected sites, more pages to splash advertising and sponsorship on, etc. They are basically passing up the opportunity to create revenue for themselves, allowing others to hoover that up instead.

Its one if those things that gives serious players an edge and they've made it clear that's not something they want to make easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

It’s bizarre.

At a guess, the more we know about how the game operates the higher the chances of similar sites launched in competition, the back end of the programming must millions of lines of coding.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hiya folks.

Can someone from the FSA Championship, FSA League One and FSA League Two set up an FSA thread for each please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hiya folks.

Can someone from the FSA Championship, FSA League One and FSA League Two set up an FSA thread for each please?

Durn for the champ

Advertisement