Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    Who starts between Nyland and Steer?

Steer looks like he is going to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

The Pulisic news has thrown me. Now deciding between Kane/Zaha (or equivalent 7m mid) and Pulisic/Son.

I'd have a 4.5 FW instead of MF.

Drat :(
    Over to you Son!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Steer looks like he is going to start.

Martinez to start for Villa now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I put Martinez in my squad last night, hopefully he does well at Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

was reading that Brighton's sub keeper - Walton is out injured now - so probably explains why they are looking to bring in another keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I know it's like this every year but why can't I see rival league teams after the deadline has passed. When can we see them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My plan to let Salah and PEA audition for 2 weeks and then sub one out for DeBruyne started well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I know it's like this every year but why can't I see rival league teams after the deadline has passed. When can we see them

Click on their name in the league section. Go to their history. Click GW1 in it you'll see their team. Or wait for the game to update after this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Salah last season:
    Home - 19 games, 14 returns, 4 blanks, 1 benched
    Away - 19 games, 6 returns, 10 blanks, 3 benched

Think I might just captain him every home game, incredibly consistent. Why overthink it.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Salah last season:
    Home - 19 games, 14 returns, 4 blanks, 1 benched
    Away - 19 games, 6 returns, 10 blanks, 3 benched

Think I might just captain him every home game, incredibly consistent. Why overthink it.

Two of the goals he scored today were penalties - ones which was very harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Two of the goals he scored today were penalties - ones which was very harsh.

Harsh??? What game were you watching

Shanee. wrote: »

The shot Salah took hit defenders leg and bounced up and hit his arm - never intentional. If they apply the same logic for the rest of the season there will be some amount of penalties - but lets wait and see if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭macraignil

Might do Ings to Wilson. Hoping Wilson will score well this season with Newcastle and looked sharp in the highlights on Match of the Day. Also frees up cash to help offload some of the other players that will need to be shown the exit door in a very average week1.

Shanee. wrote: »

has the hand ball rule changed agai, like the ball hit the defenders knee and then his hand it wasn't intentional in any way but im not sure what the rule is currently certainly looked harsh on last seasons rules

I say that as a Salah captiner

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The penalties thing is the only reason I don’t feel disgusted about my choice to go without him, which has obviously backfired disastrously.

Would there have been a game last season where Liverpool got 2 penalties?

CSF wrote: »
    The penalties thing is the only reason I don’t feel disgusted about my choice to go without him, which has obviously backfired disastrously.

Would there have been a game last season where Liverpool got 2 penalties?

Like had Milner been on the pitch would Salah taken either of them?

Like had Milner been on the pitch would Salah taken either of them?

I do not know, but either way, I’m not willing to hindsight destroy myself over 2 penalties.

I was well aware of the risks associated with not having Salah. What transpired was defo on the extreme side of my worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Looks like everyone in the top 50 triple captained Salah, except a couple who had Willian, Zaha and managed a couple clean sheets

Guy in first has triple Newcastle and I say fair play to him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    I do not know, but either way, I’m not willing to hindsight destroy myself over 2 penalties.

I was well aware of the risks associated with not having Salah. What transpired was defo on the extreme side of my worries.

Same, trying not to beat myself over it, it's just frustrating to be on the back foot already.

Same, trying not to beat myself over it, it's just frustrating to be on the back foot already.

Sure is, but with the amount of expensive premium options this year, this will be a regular occurrence, albeit likely with not such an ownership disparity

• Advertisement

this may be old news - but i just found the scout function on FF provides details of penalty takes/fee kicks etc for each team:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/the-scout/set-piece-takers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

this may be old news - but i just found the scout function on FF provides details of penalty takes/fee kicks etc for each team:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/the-scout/set-piece-takers

I only noticed that yesterday but I'm not sure how much it really tells us. For example, the three penalty takers listed for Chelsea probably won't be on the pitch a huge amount so none may actually take a penalty this season. I'd expect Eze to take a good few set pieces for CP, particularly if Mili isn't going to be first choice.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I only noticed that yesterday but I'm not sure how much it really tells us. For example, the three penalty takers listed for Chelsea probably won't be on the pitch a huge amount so none may actually take a penalty this season. I'd expect Eze to take a good few set pieces for CP, particularly if Mili isn't going to be first choice.

Hopefully it gets updated as the season goes on.

Could Eze be on penalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭COH

Could Eze be on penalties?

Eze possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Hi , does anyone have a link to the website for price changes?

maximo31 wrote: »
    Hi , does anyone have a link to the website for price changes?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058112642

2 sites in OP of that thread or just follow that thread depending on what you need it for

Pete_Cavan wrote: »

Is Eze first choice though? Neither of them started yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is Eze first choice though? Neither of them started yesterday

I think he will be, once he gets match fit. He was one of the standout players in the Championship last season.

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »
    I think he will be, once he gets match fit. He was one of the standout players in the Championship last season.

I imagined Zaha would be back on that wing with 2 of Ayew, Batshuayi, Benteke up front when all fit.

Advertisement