Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Anybody else completely indifferent to putting the effort in again this season? I think two blanks in GW1 does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FPL_Junior

Anyone else planning WC GW2?

Don’t think City and Utd’s fixtures are strong enough to warrant it. Think I’ll try hold out as long as possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

All games from GW13 and GW16 will be on amazon prime for anyone who has this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jesus Christ I just saw United's October fixtures.

No way I will be running double United anyway.

Really could just be Bruno for his penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

We'll all be taking a hit for GW2
    to get our Mancs in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Looking at GW1 I am going to have 2 Man Utd and De Bruyne on the bench and gamble on getting on my first 11 players playing. Burnley not playing on the opening day is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Might be useful while tinkering:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fpl-tools/bplgdnfjlmbnjpibjogpoabahffibepk

You can see the upcoming fixtures on the team page or on the transfers page to try to find someone with a decent run

Soooo is it captain Salah or captain Aubam GW1? Imagine a few cheeky Vardys also.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Crellin is saying that he thinks the gw1 blanks are 95% likely to stay that way. He then says the earliest dates that they could move to are gw14, 17, 18 or 19. So maybe hold the horses on the idea of an early dgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ramsdale 5m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Might be useful while tinkering:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fpl-tools/bplgdnfjlmbnjpibjogpoabahffibepk

You can see the upcoming fixtures on the team page or on the transfers page to try to find someone with a decent run

Thats excellent, thanks

Spurs look like a decent start, Son is a good price for switching to Mahrez. I can see myself with Bavies and Aurier to start off with

Green&Red wrote: »
    Spurs look like a decent start, Son is a good price for switching to Mahrez. I can see myself with Bavies and Aurier to start off with

Double Spurs defence really?

I'm leaning towards Aurier but I'm not sure. He's not in my current draft.

TAA /Ferguson /Justin. - Ayling and Branth on the bench.

Aurier has been in every draft of my team to date, I think Jose will have them tightened up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Finding it hard to build a team I am happy with.

Trying to build a good balanced squad with TAA + 2 premium mids & decent forwards is tough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

F1ngers wrote: »
    All games from GW13 and GW16 will be on amazon prime for anyone who has this.

Not in Ireland if it's like this season they will be on Premier sports

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I was able to get customer service to change my Prime Video to UK with one of them virtual postal services of that helps anyone and was able to watch the games on Amazon Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Not sure if mentioned already but I see 1st WC has to be used by GW16 on 28th December

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Not in Ireland if it's like this season they will be on Premier sports

I watched last seasons games on amazon in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is Justin likely to be a regular ?

• Advertisement

Double spurs D may be too much but Aurier is a cert. wolves have great fixtures to start, as do Southampton

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is Justin likely to be a regular ?

Unless Pereira is back just in time for the league to start. But he's rumoured out to october.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Green&Red wrote:
    Green&Red wrote:
    Aurier has been in every draft of my team to date, I think Jose will have them tightened up

Pretty reasonable chance Aurier won't be at spurs much longer. Linked strongly with a move to AC Milan... Started off as the usual papertalk a couple of months ago but recent reports seem to have some substance behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Not had much time the last few days. Have fpl made it clear how they're going to handle 18a/b at all yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

jimmii wrote: »
    Not had much time the last few days. Have fpl made it clear how they're going to handle 18a/b at all yet?

I would take a guess that it would be the same as last season, one gameweek, but split over 2 real life weekends (or weekdays).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Fitz* wrote: »
    I would take a guess that it would be the same as last season, one gameweek, but split over 2 real life weekends (or weekdays).

Did that happen before with a gameweek in between them though?
    Could just be me being dumb.

"*Matchweek 18 fixtures initially allocated to 12-13 January will be played across 12-13 January and 20 January 2021. The split of matches will be determined when the broadcast selections for January are announced."
    https://preml.ge/fixtures

GW 18 is on the 12th / 13th with the note above
    GW 19 is on the 16th (with all teams having fixtures currently)
    Then the second half of GW 18 would be the 20th?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Fitz* wrote: »

Have we had a week like this before? Match day 19 is all wrapped up before match day 18 is seems pretty unique. I'm thinking it will be a skinny 18 with 19 then being a dgw. But I guess the answer is no they haven't said what they will do!

Would there be anything to be said for a bit of Ayoze Perez?

Don’t know what Leicester will be like. They were turgid at the end of the season and Rodgers didn’t have a great time after liverpools breakout season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Haven't had a proper look this year yet.

Any real stand out mis-positioned players? Mids classed as defenders etc. always like to jump on them early.

PEA a midfielder I see.

Advertisement