Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Green&Red wrote: »

“Ayew for 6.0m also doesn’t score enough goals for me and I won’t go near him any time soon”

Fascinating Insight. Avoid Conor Wickham as well sure. Doesn't score enough goals :pac:

I've just noticed that DCL is 7.0M this year. What a joke.

Antonio / Haller a much better option.

With Haller back are people leaning towards him? Antonio drifts out to the wing when he plays up top if I remember correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've just noticed that DCL is 7.0M this year. What a joke.

Antonio / Haller a much better option.

With Haller back are people leaning towards him? Antonio drifts out to the wing when he plays up top if I remember correctly?

Haller was fit for most of Antonio's goal spree. As long as he's scoring he starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Few rumours circulating that the fixtures are coming tomorrow as opposed to friday

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I’m not seeing a Trent and Robbo (only 10% owned so far) double up in many draft teams.

For 14.5 mil and both getting almost a combined 400 points last season does this not seem an obvious choice with all of us paying top price for premium mids who just about break the 200 point mark alone? Or 230/250 when a premium mid has a good season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I’m not seeing a Trent and Robbo (only 10% owned so far) double up in many draft teams.

For 14.5 mil and both getting almost a combined 400 points last season does this not seem an obvious choice with all of us paying top price for premium mids who just about break the 200 point mark alone? Or 230/250 when a premium mid has a good season.

I think there might be times like in previous seasons when you would like to have Salah and Mane playing in the same gameweek. At the moment because of the lack of cheap goalkeeper options I am thinking of going Alisson, TAA, Salah or Mane as my 3 Liverpool.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Haller was fit for most of Antonio's goal spree. As long as he's scoring he starts.

I didn't think that was the case. He was only back from Injury and was coming off the bench. I don't think he was match fit at all?

Open to correction on that

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

claw wrote: »
    I think there might be times like in previous seasons when you would like to have Salah and Mane playing in the same gameweek. At the moment because of the lack of cheap goalkeeper options I am thinking of going Alisson, TAA, Salah or Mane as my 3 Liverpool.

I see Alison got 122 points last season but I know he missed a chunk of the season (maybe 10 gws?)
    Do you think he would get near Popes 170 last season if he plays 38 games? I can’t see him getting as much save or bonus points

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’ve considered the TAA and Robbo double up, along with Aurier, who I will definitely have

BUT if there are two 4.0 playing defenders, plus Vinagre at 4.5m then it’s hard to justify splashing extra cash anywhere on your defence

I see Alison got 122 points last season but I know he missed a chunk of the season (maybe 10 gws?)
    Do you think he would get near Popes 170 last season if he plays 38 games? I can’t see him getting as much save or bonus points

He got 176 the year before. You could argue that Adrian was responsible for Liverpool not keeping clean sheets when Alisson was injured.

• Advertisement

I’ve considered the TAA and Robbo double up, along with Aurier, who I will definitely have

BUT if there are two 4.0 playing defenders, plus Vinagre at 4.5m then it’s hard to justify splashing extra cash anywhere on your defence

Most of Burnley's defenders are 4.5 and maybe 3 of them will play. I have no problem with the double up of Robertson and TAA but there are a lot of midfield options this year, Aubameyang got 205 last season as a striker so if he matches his total from last season that is an increase anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

claw wrote: »
    Most of Burnley's defenders are 4.5 and maybe 3 of them will play. I have no problem with the double up of Robertson and TAA but there are a lot of midfield options this year, Aubameyang got 205 last season as a striker so if he matches his total from last season that is an increase anyway.

...The bolded bit is the key part for me... He would have had at least 35 extra points last season just for goals, assists and clean sheets (assuming he played 60 minutes in each of those 10 clean sheet games)... I don't know how the bonus point scoring works but I'd imagine as a midfielder his goals would have gotten a few more BS... So as a midfielder he would have scored 245 at least... Rashford would have been a bit over 200 points but Martial would have been at least 40 points less had he been classified as a forward last season...

...It does make Aubameyang even more valuable...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

...The bolded bit is the key part for me... He would have had at least 35 extra points last season just for goals, assists and clean sheets (assuming he played 60 minutes in each of those 10 clean sheet games)... I don't know how the bonus point scoring works but I'd imagine as a midfielder his goals would have gotten a few more BS... So as a midfielder he would have scored 245 at least... Rashford would have been a bit over 200 points but Martial would have been at least 40 points less had he been classified as a forward last season...

There was a thread on Twitter (isn't there always) about his effectiveness out wide V his effectiveness up front. Basically he is more prolific up top, but on the wing he's still a 11.5/12m player. They were projecting him to be in the ballpark of Salah/Mane/Sterling with recent season performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Fascinating Insight. Avoid Conor Wickham as well sure. Doesn't score enough goals :pac:

Come on now! Let's not say things we can't take back! :P

I'm partial to a bit of big awkward Conor if there's a chance he'll get a sniff of gametime!

Ideal 4.5m fodder if he does.

Big Andy Carroll for 4.5 would be my dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Pleasantly surprised that Son is only 9M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Shhh!

My plan is to keep them in all season. They are tried and tested. Nailed to start.
    Done it over two seasons now. They're both averaging roughly 200 points a season, which basically matches Aubameyang's hauls.

For 7.0 and 7.5.

Impossible for me to leave out, even if they disappoint they will be value

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Jota is a midfielder now. Was hoping he would be a striker

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Few rumours circulating that the fixtures are coming tomorrow as opposed to friday

They said they'd be issued 'by Friday' so yeah I took that to mean either Wednesday or Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Mateusz Klich of Leeds (5.5m)will definitely be in my team. Started every game under Bielsa and in two years scored 16 goals and provided 14 assists along with 38 clean sheets in that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Midfielders get less bonus points for goals than strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Surely not ...... Relying on just Antonio up top ??.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Pulisic and Martial or Werner and Greenwood? Leaning towards the latter.

On the Robbo thing

I’ve had Jimmi in most of my drafts - he’s 8.5, with a 4.0 defender who might play, remains to be seen

But I could get Robbo, 7m plus a 4.5m forward

Both players will get me 200 points
    Option A costs 1 extra but gives me a playing sub

But I think Option B is the better call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Hopefully Brewster can go on loan to someone who'll give him minutes, would be very handy to have 4.5 up front

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

On the Robbo thing

I’ve had Jimmi in most of my drafts - he’s 8.5, with a 4.0 defender who might play, remains to be seen

But I could get Robbo, 7m plus a 4.5m forward

Both players will get me 200 points
    Option A costs 1 extra but gives me a playing sub

But I think Option B is the better call

Think Liverpools new next back will see Robbo rotated more than you'd want. Jimmi will play every game.

Can anyone explain this to me?

https://whogottheassist.com/talisman-theory-2019-20-report/

To me it seems like a load of data vomited on a page, some random discussion and then conclusions
    1) Auba is really good
    2) Find the next Ings

And even on these
    1) even as a mid he would have gotten 230ish points both seasons, so out scored by Salah who isn’t an unreliable f**k. Both the same price so Salah is better

2) Shocker, if we find a 6m striker who’ll score 20 goals we’ll do well

Am I missing something in there?

Think Liverpools new next back will see Robbo rotated more than you'd want. Jimmi will play every game.

I would disagree with that

To me it seems like a load of data vomited on a page, some random discussion and then conclusions
    1) Auba is really good
    2) Find the next Ings

And even on these
    1) even as a mid he would have gotten 230ish points both seasons, so out scored by Salah who isn’t an unreliable f**k. Both the same price so Salah is better

Crikey there was A LOT in that. So much so I skipped half of it.

The key takeaway, however, remains that Talismen should be high on our agenda when deciding who to buy in at any point because the data shows that focusing on these guys in how we build our teams should help maximise your FPL point gain throughout the season.

Is this not ALWAYS the case? I.e Grealish at Villa? Pukki at the start of last season another. I don't think they provided any information people didn't already know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

1) Auba is really good
    2) Find the next Ings

And even on these

Not really, it's like FPL for dummies.

Players who score a high percentage of their teams total points are good picks. Aubameyang is good at football and fpl, some cheap guy will also good at football and fpl but nobody has a clue who he is yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

... What are peoples breakdown of money spent per position... Right now I'm looking at

GK - £8.5m
    Defence. £25.5m
    Midfield. £46.5m
    Forward £19.5m

... But having looked at a few different things today, I'm thinking of being closer to £31m for defence and a lighter midfield...

Advertisement