Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Even though it was always likely, the confirmation of a Blank gw1 for United and City is a bit of a pain. Between them and Burnley, I would most like have had hoped to have 4 or 5 players from those teams in my squad from the start.

I’d expect big transfers in of Kdb, Bruno, Greenwood, etc in the first few days and if they start on low ownerships, possibly very quick price rises before gw2. Just something to consider as it could make it a bit more awkward trying to get them in without making very early transfers.

Might think about just putting one or two of them in my squad and just bench them for gw1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Green&Red wrote: »
    Would there be anything to be said for a bit of Ayoze Perez?

Don’t know what Leicester will be like. They were turgid at the end of the season and Rodgers didn’t have a great time after liverpools breakout season

Yeah I'm torn on them. The fixtures are good but hard to know which Leicester you're going to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Even though it was always likely, the confirmation of a Blank gw1 for United and City is a bit of a pain. Between them and Burnley, I would most like have had hoped to have 4 or 5 players from those teams in my squad from the start.

I’d expect big transfers in of Kdb, Bruno, Greenwood, etc in the first few days and if they start on low ownerships, possibly very quick price rises before gw2. Just something to consider as it could make it a bit more awkward trying to get them in without making very early transfers.

Might think about just putting one or two of them in my squad and just bench them for gw1

Yes, but with the uncertainty over who starts on GW1, that's a risky move as you're effectively sterilising your bench.

Yes, but with the uncertainty over who starts on GW1, that's a risky move as you're effectively sterilising your bench.

I know. Will mull it over, would need to be very confident that the starting 11, actually will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I’ll take a planned -4 after GW1. Salah/Mane double for Leeds in GW 1, then move one for KDB/Sterling.

Might do same for some United player.

Probably have a Burley defender that I’ll keep benched in GW1

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Think I’ll take a planned -4 after GW1. Salah/Mane double for Leeds in GW 1, then move one for KDB/Sterling.

Might do same for some United player.

Probably have a Burley defender that I’ll keep benched in GW1

I’ll probably be going a similar route, think I’ll definitely have a Burnley defender on the bench and might consider a United or City player as well, but it would be a lot of money tied up on the bench and a bit of a risk if a couple of players don’t start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Just read this, not too long until I have my lean six sigma qualification for FPL

https://fplconnect.blog/2020/08/20/psychological-approach-to-fpl-strategy/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Just read this, not too long until I have my lean six sigma qualification for FPL

https://fplconnect.blog/2020/08/20/psychological-approach-to-fpl-strategy/amp/

Did you actually read that? I think they are just trying to complicate a very simple game with these filler blogs and articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Harry Maguire apparently arrested on holiday seemingly after arguing with some fans. Seems bizarre it would end up going that way he normally seems pretty chill.

metro.co.uk/2020/08/21/manchester-united-captain-harry-maguire-arrested-mykonos-following-night-club-brawl-13158086/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jimmii wrote: »
    Harry Maguire apparently arrested on holiday seemingly after arguing with some fans. Seems bizarre it would end up going that way he normally seems pretty chill.

metro.co.uk/2020/08/21/manchester-united-captain-harry-maguire-arrested-mykonos-following-night-club-brawl-13158086/amp/

Alcohol plus provocation would probably do it.

He may well have been the aggressor but I’d say footballers get all sorts of hassle on a night out, so that is probably my ignorant guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    Alcohol plus provocation would probably do it.

He may well have been the aggressor but I’d say footballers get all sorts of hassle on a night out, so that is probably my ignorant guess.

Yeah can imagine its non stop hassle especially at a place like that. There could well have been a group of lads going round shouting abuse at him for the whole day but as soon as he reacts whatever has been done to him is irrelevant because he's a footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

its more than likely that casual players may have Man Utd/Burnley and Villa/Man City players in their squad and will discover their error after the opening game week, there might be a number of people who will put players in and keep them benched - hoping the remainder of the squad will play.(others will plan to wildcard after gameweek1).

I haven't decided yet what way my team is going to play for the opening few gameweeks.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Did you actually read that? I think they are just trying to complicate a very simple game with these filler blogs and articles.

Yes I did, my tongue was firmly in my cheek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

high level of stephens (BHA) owners....what am i missing ?
    i need .5 , worth dumping soucek for him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

miller82 wrote:
    high level of stephens (BHA) owners....what am i missing ? i need .5 , worth dumping soucek for him ?

Highest points scorer in that position for that price I believe

miller82 wrote: »
    high level of stephens (BHA) owners....what am i missing ?
    i need .5 , worth dumping soucek for him ?

Definitely not worth dumping Soucek for him. I think Soucek will do very well this year

Definitely not worth dumping Soucek for him. I think Soucek will do very well this year

You mean after those first 7 gameweeks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dunk staying with Brighton. New contract signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

manual_man wrote: »
    Dunk staying with Brighton. New contract signed.

I guess you could say it was a slam dunk.

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I guess you could say it was a slam dunk.

I'm out.
    00005286-1600.jpg

• Advertisement

1-4 isn’t that difficult

What do you make of Leicester?

What do you make of Leicester?

A great option early on with those fixtures.

As a club, manager and players they have something to prove after their finish to last season.

If that motivates them positively then they’ll be of interest.

I’ve no interest in their defenders.

Would default to Maddison as I don’t have funds for Vardy.

Would be more interested in Harvey Barnes but he would need to be starting and finishing games to be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Chillwell will be a big loss to them

A great option early on with those fixtures.

As a club, manager and players they have something to prove after their finish to last season.

If that motivates them positively then they’ll be of interest.

I’ve no interest in their defenders.

Would default to Maddison as I don’t have funds for Vardy.

Would be more interested in Harvey Barnes but he would need to be starting and finishing games to be considered.

Any love for Perez?

Any love for Perez?

Pretty sure I started first GW last season with him.

Again it’s minutes that are the problem. That said I didn’t see a lot of Leicester post Covid so don’t know what his minutes were like in those must win/not lose games.

If he was guaranteed 80 minutes a week I’d have no problem going with him.

kilburn wrote: »
    Chillwell will be a big loss to them

Ya I dont think Ive any love for them minus the 2 fbs.

Perriera is out for a while ya.

They were pretty integral to the system. and the fill ins last year didnt look up to much justin did pop up here or there I guess
    (but I did own him for a long time and he got a couple of 0s)

Vardy also another year older for a striker who is mainly about pace.

We could see a pretty big drop off from them although tbf they have been rank for months

Without investment a team on the way down imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Am i mad to think Foden will start a lot of games - i know people have said he only played because they had nothing to play for but he did start against Madrid

He was also very good anytime i seen him and with Silva gone unless they sign somebody he surely starts a lot of games

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Am i mad to think Foden will start a lot of games - i know people have said he only played because they had nothing to play for but he did start against Madrid

He was also very good anytime i seen him and with Silva gone unless they sign somebody he surely starts a lot of games

Madrid game was done after the first leg

Advertisement