Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Obrieski wrote: »
    "I had been hit in the balls with a golf ball"

Murph with a Ken-esque story.
    Second Captains lads cannot go on holidays without some incident!

Testicular blunt trauma :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Is Jack Pitt Brooke the most painfully boring man alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

I like him. He's on a few podcasts and usually enjoy his contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ah, he's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

I'd give that title to Jacob Steinberg to be honest.

Jack Pitt Brooke is great, but he does the reporting on Spurs and the stories from there been repetitive and just uninteresting to me

• Advertisement

Steinberg doesn't sound like great craic at the best of times to be fair.

I've never warmed to Daniel Storey who appears frequently on totally football - genuinely sounds like he hates football at times. Never excited or into anything, a drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Barely touched on Group C (Netherlands group) in todays pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Lucas Hood wrote:
    Barely touched on Group C (Netherlands group) in todays pod.

What's there to say? Holland were through already and Austria wont go much further

I'd give that title to Jacob Steinberg to be honest.

Jack Pitt Brooke is great, but he does the reporting on Spurs and the stories from there been repetitive and just uninteresting to me

After now listened to today's pod the original criticism is really odd. Loads of interesting things from Jack today. He's very good on the microphone and rarely fumbles around. As you said, he's a Spurs reporter so there will be overlap but sure it's not his fault we listen to multiple football podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Arghus wrote: »
    Steinberg doesn't sound like great craic at the best of times to be fair.

I've never warmed to Daniel Storey who appears frequently on totally football - genuinely sounds like he hates football at times. Never excited or into anything, a drag.

Back in the days when I would've read F365, I absolutely hated articles that Storey wrote. Weirdly enough I don't really mind him at all on FW. Carl Anka is painful on FW though, really don't like listening to him.

• Advertisement

Carl Anka is painful on FW though, really don't like listening to him.

A small thing but the way he ends every sentence as if it's a question raising the pitch of his voice absolutely does my head in. He seems completely full of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

What is the song in the Harry Redknapp / Frank Lampard / Scott Canham audiobed?

A small thing but the way he ends every sentence as if it's a question raising the pitch of his voice absolutely does my head in. He seems completely full of himself.

Not a fan of him either and, yes, he does do that upward inflection thing constantly. He also never really seems to have any insight.

I like the Russian fellow with the scouse accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What is the song in the Harry Redknapp / Frank Lampard / Scott Canham audiobed?

Gyöngyhajú Lány

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Gyöngyhajú Lány

I think its the English version "pearls in her hair"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Carl Anka is infuriating to listen to alright.. I really enjoy Michael Cox on the TFS even though I'd never be interested in his tactical heavy articles. Duncan Alexander is a good listen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just about to take the dogs for a walk and I realised I was singing that John McGinn Achy Breaky Heart song out loud.

Jesus.

Listening to the blizzard's greatest games podcast - which is really good btw - and Jonathan Wilson was really getting into the back story of running into Hadaway at Euro 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Seamy Fitz

Testicular blunt trauma :pac:

I don't want to hear any Murph bashing until his balls fully recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Still Ill wrote: »
    Carl Anka is infuriating to listen to alright.. I really enjoy Michael Cox on the TFS even though I'd never be interested in his tactical heavy articles. Duncan Alexander is a good listen too.

Carl Anka is a dose alright. Comes across massively pretentious at times.

• Advertisement

Eoin really wanted to press on with the Grealish/Sancho racism thing yesterday. After both Ken and Wilson didn't really give it much credit he went back in, it was a little odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Sounds like the boys had the mother and father of a piss up at Euro 2012 while one the books with Newstalk. And wouldn't we all have done the same! I kept thinking of Christy Moore and his 'Delerium Tremens ' listening to Ken describing the flight home and Ciaran on the brink of tears when he thought the flight would be delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

buyer95 wrote: »
    Sounds like the boys had the mother and father of a piss up at Euro 2012 while one the books with Newstalk. And wouldn't we all have done the same! I kept thinking of Christy Moore and his 'Delerium Tremens ' listening to Ken describing the flight home and Ciaran on the brink of tears when he thought the flight would be delayed.

I would have been happy for them to continue talking about the old trips. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Raoul wrote: »
    I would have been happy for them to continue talking about the old trips. :D

Yeah most of the time Eoin is great for keeping things on track but occasionally I wish he'd let these things run on a bit longer. Hilarious stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

LOL at the bitter, sly and not-at-all-sly digs from a scribbler on a parochial little website :pac:

But this took the biscuit:
    John McGuirk of Gript, has a very sensitive bullshít detector

Laughable given that peddling bullshít makes up a very large part of his CV :p

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

LOL at the bitter, sly and not-at-all-sly digs from a scribbler on a parochial little website :pac:

People were wrong to pile on without fact checking the story, but the absolute shameless neck of John McGurk calling them out on it.

Three months ago RTE had to payout 20k after he slandered people on Prime Time, he's been caught out making stuff up numerous times before and his site is an absolute hell hole of alt right nonsense.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

I don’t know. I just found it in a Google search and it had the tweet screenshot in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

deisedude wrote: »
    I wonder do the lads read this thread

I think they do. Or murph does anyway. Credit where its due, I've noticed murph interrupts and talks straight over Ken and eoin a lot less these days. Possibly since it was brought up on here! Fair play murph! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

That new 10 sec euros audiobed is what they should be not. 2+min

Advertisement