Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just catching up on yesterday's pod.

Ken's "hatred" of France.

Clearly a hangup from his failed time as a Marseiile trialist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

He touched Pogba's tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Very much enjoyed Ken's Bale puns today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

Marcotti :(

Euros coverage has been great, Marcotti is a hard listen though

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

duffman13 wrote: »
    Marcotti :(

Euros coverage has been great, Marcotti is a hard listen though

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch but I surprisingly really enjoyed him on today's pod. Succinct and knowledgeable on the Italian team without going on for too long about it.

I'm definitely enjoying the shorter interviews cos there's no way i could listen to hour-long discussions about one team every day. Plus if it leaves more time for the greatest journalism ever witnessed (Ken's puns) then long may it continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Yea I was very surprised by him today. Actually good to listen to! Not his usual smug obtuse manner. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Beersmith wrote: »
    Yea I was very surprised by him today. Actually good to listen to! Not his usual smug obtuse manner. Weird.

Another man reading the boards second captains thread and taking on board some constructive criticism I suppose!

Since we have no travelogue, is there any chance of some Euros Gooooooooouls?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Since we have no travelogue, is there any chance of some Euros Gooooooooouls?

This past few year I'm always disappointed the Monday after the FA cup 3rd round when there has been no Kens Goooooouuuls

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

We really could do with a Gareth Gael.

• Advertisement

Very much enjoyed Ken's Bale puns today!

Still laughing now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    We really could do with a Gareth Gael.

Gearóid Gaedheal we'd call him...

Slightly OT, but someone here might know...

Where the hell is AC Jimbo from the Totally Football Show daily pods?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

The amount of audio beds is killing me lately. They're all very well put together but also long and should be used more sparingly IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Slightly OT, but someone here might know...

Where the hell is AC Jimbo from the Totally Football Show daily pods?

doing strongman or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Still Ill

doing strongman or something

Yeah.. There was a message from him at the end of today's pod for their 500th show. Didn't sound like him though! You'd miss him on it. He's so good. Really makes the show.

Ah for flip sake.

Are we not gonna hear Ken's thought's on England & Scotland til bleedin Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Were they doing weekend shows during the 2018 WC? I honestly cannot remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Were they doing weekend shows during the 2018 WC? I honestly cannot remember.

Dont think they've ever done wkd shows

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

There wasn't any in 2018, I remember because there was pages of whinging about it at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

There was definitely weekend shows at some point… or maybe it was Newstalk days… either way yeah by Monday the England Scotland story is as stale bucket of fish in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭atilladehun

The power wielded by this thread this week has been on a level with lord of the rings.

Now is the time to strongarm them to our will. We will find a way to hear Ken's thoughts on football soon after it happened 7 days a week.

Now is not the time to lose our perspective on reality. 😜

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I did like how amused Jonathan Wilson was by the story of a lone English journalist booing David Seaman through the mixed zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Especially poor form seeing as they are all now doing the pod from home so not much excuse for a small 30min show for the first two weekends when there are so many games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Dante

Surely I'm not the only one who feels its time for Ken to start doing daily travel logs of his expeditions around Fairview. It would be like a modern day Ulysses.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,316 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I've always enjoyed Marcotti

The only person I never liked listening to was Graham Hunter. Thankfully he's not on second captains.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Beersmith wrote: »
    Especially poor form seeing as they are all now doing the pod from home so not much excuse for a small 30min show for the first two weekends when there are so many games.

Poor form. They shouldn't have a weekend off. We want our pods, forget about their lives, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

dulpit wrote: »
    Poor form. They shouldn't have a weekend off. We want our pods, forget about their lives, right?

The second captains have gone soft/always on The treatment table… a few weekend micro podcasts are required.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 IsosKramer

lawred2 wrote: »
    I've always enjoyed Marcotti

The only person I never liked listening to was Graham Hunter. Thankfully he's not on second captains.

Me too. I even subscribe to ESPN's Gab and Juls podcast. On the other hand, I finally gave up on Rushden and Glendenning on Football Weekly - unbearable stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

dulpit wrote: »

How does every other sports pod manage to work on the weekend?

I'm fairly sure if one the lads murdered someone you'd be on here defending them. "well you know they shouldn't have locked their bike to kens, he was perfectly within his rights to kill that man"

Advertisement