Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Still Ill wrote: »
    Haha... Why would they fake a competition for fifty quid's worth of books that they probably got given for free.
    Another Second Captain truther in the thread after the Mark Horgan conspiracy last year.

Where Is...Mark Horgan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Nokotan wrote: »
    Where Is...Mark Horgan?

Swimming in a big bath full of stolen John Delaney books.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Still Ill wrote: »
    Haha... Why would they fake a competition for fifty quid's worth of books that they probably got given for free.
    Another Second Captain truther in the thread after the Mark Horgan conspiracy last year.

What was the Mark Horgan conspiracy last year? Must have missed that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Does anyone else think the book competition was possibly a scam ? The winners names sounded very made up to me ? Maybe there was one genuine winner in that list but..... even that I’m doubtful about.

Nah my friend knows one of the lads who won
    dulpit wrote: »

Basically no one heard Mark in months so some people on here thought he had either be fired or left quietly or maybe that there was a big cover up for his absence

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

RedRochey wrote: »

Basically no one heard Mark in months so some people on here thought he had either be fired or left quietly or maybe that there was a big cover up for his absence

I think people is stretching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

RedRochey wrote: »

One person. Dots 1982 or whatever his name was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ken's Seamus Coleman impression was fcuking hilarious. I could not stop laughing :pac:

Also, was delighted when Eoin corrected Ken on when he said Jake Humphreys instead of Humphrey. I love Ken's knowledge of random things outside of sport, but christ he can come across as a right asshole and incredibly condescending when he corrects the lads on the show. His snort of contempt to Murph comes to mind when he got an expression wrong the other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Some guy on the thread wouldn't believe the lads when said Mark was working on another project. He though there was something sinister at play. The guy got plenty of attention and at the same time the same poster was on a thread in the soccer forum defending John Delaney saying Delaney was a great lad altogether. He got plenty of attention there too. Probably has a few more "controversial" opinions around other boards too. But if you call the poster what he is, you'll be the one who gets banned

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

OTB's relationship with bookmakers is very problematic in this day and age. Decent show but at what cost???

Yes, Ive stopped listening to them because of this constant betting peddling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Jim Root wrote: »
    Yes, Ive stopped listening to them because of this constant betting peddling.

I stopped listening last year mainly due to this reason.

I listen to LOI weekly and they seem to have a new betting sponsor. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I think people is stretching it.
    One person. Dots 1982 or whatever his name was.

Ya fair, he didn't get much support anyway

What are people's thoughts on the George Gibney podcast? haven't got around to listening to it yet, heard it's tough listening but good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Raoul wrote: »
    I stopped listening last year mainly due to this reason.

I listen to LOI weekly and they seem to have a new betting sponsor. :mad:

Its a little over the top now, I tune in for some segments of the show but I don't find it amazing! Has peaks and troughs really and not consistently good. The betting angle is also a turn off. It used to be just Friday night racing which I could understand but its everything now

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    OTB is the only show in town?

Lord above.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with this.

Is there anyone else who give a prompt Irish response to sporting events? Genuine question because I would love an alternative.

Granted SC interviewed Sam B today but OTB interviewed him yesterday in addition talking Leinster and McElroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭bren2001

Does anyone else think the book competition was possibly a scam ? The winners names sounded very made up to me ? Maybe there was one genuine winner in that list but..... even that I’m doubtful about.

No doubt, they've even gone to the effort of setting up fake Twitter profiles for the winners:

https://twitter.com/rachelbarry/status/1308436591552147458

Scumbags!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Is there anyone else who give a prompt Irish response to sporting events? Genuine question because I would love an alternative.

Granted SC interviewed Sam B today but OTB interviewed him yesterday in addition talking Leinster and McElroy.

Well they broadcast live 7 days a week so it would be too bad if they didn't. I actually think that's one of the biggest issues with OTB these days, as they're putting out so much content they've spread their resources pretty thin and, for me, the quality suffers badly. There's only one Joe Molloy knocking around on their roster, and he's carrying a lot of passengers.

Whilst I do miss the live broadcasts from the SC lads, particularly the shows on during a midweek round of Premier League games, i don't mind them taking a day or two to cover items. I do agree with some of the posts above re Shane Horgan though. He's a tough listen at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Arghus wrote: »
    I'm also reading the book at the moment.

Even though I think I know the whole sorry story pretty well, there's still details on most pages that just make me say, "Jesus Christ".

Random sample: The final bill for Delaney's 50th birthday was 80,000 Euro - including 3,609 Euro for helicopters to ferry guests...that were never used.

The story told by Eoin on last Friday's podcast about Delaney bringing 20 lackeys along to a roadshow to bolster his support with the promise of a few free cans. Fúcking LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Enjoy the free Monday show. Usually football chat which is fine by me. But not a chance i would pay a subscription for it. There's more than enough excellent free sport podcasts out there to get through without paying three lads to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Aidric wrote: »
    The story told by Eoin on last Friday's podcast about Delaney bringing 20 lackeys along to a roadshow to bolster his support with the promise of a few free cans. Fúcking LOL.

They've definitely gone into that in more detail in the past i think. What an absolute cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I always remember the story McDevitt or Ken told of the roadshow, might have been that one, when they asked Delaney a question about finance or wages, and there were immediately shouts of "we're not here for an economics lecture" from the crowd he brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I always remember the story McDevitt or Ken told of the roadshow, might have been that one, when they asked Delaney a question about finance or wages, and there were immediately shouts of "we're not here for an economics lecture" from the crowd he brought in.

Castro levels of commitment. Has there been any comment from Barry Egan in all this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Castro levels of commitment. Has there been any comment from Barry Egan in all this?

If he can find time in between Vogue Williams and Brian Ormond/Pippa O'Connor interviews, presumably.

Enjoy the free Monday show. Usually football chat which is fine by me. But not a chance i would pay a subscription for it. There's more than enough excellent free sport podcasts out there to get through without paying three lads to talk about it.

Thanks for that helpful insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Thanks for that helpful insight.

No problem. Anytime. And it's free too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

No problem. Anytime. And it's free too :)

WE GOT A CAT FIGHT HERE FOLKS !!!!

WE GOT A CAT FIGHT HERE FOLKS !!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Turns out “the second Captains” are keeping a close eye on boards.ie....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Own up scumbags!!
    Who is the big Frank sympathiser here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Unless that guy also emailed.

Great chat with the bohs CEO today I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

ongarite wrote: »
    Own up scumbags!!
    Who is the big Frank sympathiser here?

It wasn't that, it was in reference to Michael collins statue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,395 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Beersmith wrote: »
    Unless that guy also emailed.

Great chat with the bohs CEO today I thought.

COO wasn't it? Might have missed that intro but yeah was a great interview. Came across as a really dedicated and competent fella.

Advertisement