Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Penn wrote: »
    The funniest thing is that on Friday, I looked at a similar test to the one Trump took. Even now, I remember the 5 words from mine; Face, Velvet, Church, Daisy, Red.

Trump in that interview didn't even have to remember the 5 words from his actual test, he just had to say 5 different words. And the words he could think of, were "Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV". Three of those words are associated with each other, and then he must have realised that and switched to different words, which are also associated with each other.

He couldn't even think of five different words. Again, didn't even have to be the ones from his actual test, just five different words. And his first three were Person.... Woman.... Man....

You're giving him too much credit, he probably got stuck on that vein of words and saw a camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

The funniest thing is that on Friday, I looked at a similar test to the one Trump took. Even now, I remember the 5 words from mine; Face, Velvet, Church, Daisy, Red.

Trump in that interview didn't even have to remember the 5 words from his actual test, he just had to say 5 different words. And the words he could think of, were "Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV". Three of those words are associated with each other, and then he must have realised that and switched to different words, which are also associated with each other.

He couldn't even think of five different words. Again, didn't even have to be the ones from his actual test, just five different words. And his first three were Person.... Woman.... Man....

He was being interviewed, those five words were just casual observations...

Person-surrounded by then as he always is
    Woman - who handed him the notes, McEnany?
    Man - who is interviewing him?
    Camera - what he is looking into while he mumbles his way through the interview
    TV - his favourite toy and also likely to be a few around an interview setting.

And even then he looked stunned trying to think of what he was looking at, the guy is a thick as shįt imbecile!!

Worrying Monday death toll from corona virus over in US. Over 1000 on a Monday, normally the bottom of a severe, Sunday-Monday dip. A few weeks back some Trump supporter on here was claiming deaths had dropped 90% since the peak quoting the Monday figure of about 250. There hasn't been a Monday like yesterday since April, last Monday was 390 and last 1000+ Monday was 27 April.

Hopefully a one of blip, or change of reporting method, if not I guess this forum will get a bit strange feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Worrying Monday death toll from corona virus over in US. Over 1000 on a Monday, normally the bottom of a severe, Sunday-Monday dip.

Not surprising with all the people out and interacting in such large crowds. The virus seems to have gone off the main media radar from what I can see (limited viewing obviously)
    RIP to those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So it seems Trump had to cancel throwing out the first pitch at a Yankees game on August 15th. Too busy, so had to cancel. Such a shame, but he had to cancel. He definitely cancelled, because obviously he was supposed to do it on August 15th. It's not like he's saying he cancelled without actually being supposed to do it in the first place. I mean, who the hell would say he's cancelling throwing out the first pitch without ever actually being supposed to be doing it anyway?

Must just be an administration error that no-one in the Yankees knew anything about it.

So petty and petulant was he about Dr.Fauci being invited to do it, that he invented his own invite to do it, and then cancelled the thing he wasn't supposed to be doing anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He's now claiming that Twitters "Trending" function is illegal somehow because it shows bad news about him

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1287880895051907072

Hard to know where to even start with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    He's now claiming that Twitters "Trending" function is illegal somehow because it shows bad news about him

He really is a fukking idiot.
    First reply tp President Turd :pac::pac:
    Hey, Spanky...if you don't want to be "trending" for bad things, stop being a dickhead. Golfing while thousands are dying? Dickhead. Brutalizing peaceful protesters? Dickhead. Embracing dictators? MAJOR dickhead. #DictatorTrump

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Quin_Dub wrote: »

The Great Leader has spoken, don't you know. Shut it all down! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

There are millions not just in the Us but around the world who think differently to you

There sure is. I find it amazing how many gullible people are out there and swallow his utter lies and nonsense. Doesn't say much for global education levels to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

So it seems Trump had to cancel throwing out the first pitch at a Yankees game on August 15th. Too busy, so had to cancel. Such a shame, but he had to cancel. He definitely cancelled, because obviously he was supposed to do it on August 15th. It's not like he's saying he cancelled without actually being supposed to do it in the first place. I mean, who the hell would say he's cancelling throwing out the first pitch without ever actually being supposed to be doing it anyway?

Must just be an administration error that no-one in the Yankees knew anything about it.

So petty and petulant was he about Dr.Fauci being invited to do it, that he invented his own invite to do it, and then cancelled the thing he wasn't supposed to be doing anyway.

They should ask Dr Fauci if he wants to do it again...

To be fly on the wall when tRump hears about that:p:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Just goes to show his supporters are worshipping a highly emptional, over dramatic 10 year old girl, stuck in the body of a 74 year old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Just goes to show his supporters are worshipping a highly emptional, over dramatic 10 year old girl, stuck in the body of a 74 year old man.

You have to laugh at the amount of his supporters who call left-wing people easily offended snowflakes.

The man has a toddler meltdown about something completely trivial at least once a week.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

With all that is going on between the White House and the GOP around the next stimulus bill I honestly think both of them reckon the result in November is a done deal.

The McConnell et al cutting the unemployment benefits etc. is not going to win any more votes for Trump - It keeps some key donors on-side , but it definitely loses them votes.

I think they've decided that the election is lost and they are working to keep big donors sweet and to hand the new administration the biggest turd of an economy possible in January.

From the Trump side , his insistence on getting the funding for the new FBI building as part of this package again screams of him looking to get one final cash-out before he gets kicked to the kerb.

For those that aren't aware - The FBI building in Washington (J Edgar Hoover building) needs to be replaced as it's old and no longer fit for purpose.

The original plan was for a new facility to be built outside the city allowing for plenty of space and room to grow and for the FBI to stay where they were until this new building was finished to keep costs down.

Trump nixed this in 2017 and has been insisting that they should simply rebuild the existing building. This would cost more as they'd have to rent huge space for years while the building was being done and it would be hugely restrictive as the site can't be made any bigger etc.

Why would Trump insist on this change? Well - If the FBI were to leave the current location and move to the suburbs , the site would be sold to developers who would build offices , condos , shops and a Hotel.

Where is the FBI building? Just a few hundred yards from Trumps own Hotel.

If the FBI stay where they are , Trump has no competition for his hotel. Even if he wanted to sell the hotel as has been suggested before , he'd get a much higher price for it if another hotel/shopping complex wasn't being built just around the corner.

He's now looking to get the funding approved as part of the Pandemic relief budget before he leaves so he can get contracts award ed so that the decision can't be undone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    There sure is. I find it amazing how many gullible people are out there and swallow his utter lies and nonsense. Doesn't say much for global education levels to be honest.

"I love the poorly educated"- Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Barr live testimony before House Judiciary. Late start because Nadler was in a minor car crash this morning. Began moments ago.

Barr's been absolutely roasted in this hearing. Gym Jordan played a supercut of protester violence but that's been his only reprieve in this hearing. Serious discussion now of impeaching Barr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Anecdotal but so far there are more pro-Trump signs up than signs pro-Biden, since his VP has not been announced yet that might not be surprising.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Is it sign stealing season already? Great!

Same kind morons used to leave the "Hillary for prison" signs untouched

Same kind morons used to leave the "Hillary for prison" signs untouched

Why do you choose to lie about the demonstrably untrue?

https://nypost.com/2015/08/30/hillary-for-prison-signs-keep-getting-stolen-in-the-hamptons/

At this point you could tell me the grass is green and I'd have to go check.

Overheal wrote: »
    Why do you choose to lie about the demonstrably untrue?

https://nypost.com/2015/08/30/hillary-for-prison-signs-keep-getting-stolen-in-the-hamptons/

At this point you could tell me the grass is green and I'd have to go check.

What on earth are you on about? I couldn't be arsed with you anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Why don't you counter what they said rather than throwing the toys out of the pram?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You made a claim

He refuted your claim

Why the hostility?

edit - looks like Texas reporting some sort of backlog, huge spike in their covid numbers yesterday.

Why the hostility?

He/she accused me of being a liar.
    You made a claim

Lets be clear, I said: "Same kind morons used to leave the "Hillary for prison" signs untouched"
    He refuted your claim

How exactly did he refute my claim? He gave one example of Hillary signs being taken. My claim did not encompass every Hillary sign in America. There WERE instances of "Hillary for prison" signs being left alone whilst Trump signs in the same lawn were being taken.

How exactly did he refute my claim? He gave one example of Hillary signs being taken. My claim did not encompass every Hillary sign in America. There WERE instances of "Hillary for prison" signs being left alone whilst Trump signs in the same lawn were being taken.

I think you failed to provide the necessary citations there for that claim.

Cicilline started by asking about the Russia investigation and Robert Mueller’s findings. He asked Barr, “Is it ever appropriate, sir, for the president to elicit or accept foreign assistance in an election?”

“It depends what kind of assistance,” Barr said.

Cicilline asked again, ["]Is it ever appropriate for the president or a presidential candidate to accept or solicit foreign assistance of any kind in his or her election?”

“No, it’s not appropriate,” Barr responded.

“Okay, sorry you had to struggle with that one, Mr. Attorney General,” Cicilline remarked before moving onto the federal agents sent into cities like Portland.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/a-disgrace-un-american-rep-cicilline-tears-into-barr-in-fiery-exchange-over-feds-in-cities/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

2020 and they're still going on about Hillary. Obsessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

2020 and they're still going on about Hillary. Obsessed.

It's all what did Obama do, Hilary is still corrupt blah blah. Sure every second day he tweets "Make America great again". You've had 4 years pal. Hows it looking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ollkiller wrote: »
    It's all what did Obama do, Hilary is still corrupt blah blah. Sure every second day he tweets "Make America great again". You've had 4 years pal. Hows it looking now.

Questions I often ask the Trump zealots but never get an answer to is

"When was America last "great"? What's so bad about it now that it needs to be made "great" again"?

• Advertisement

Barr refused to affirm that he would not interfere in the election by releasing the Durham report prior to the election.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement