Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Overheal wrote: »
    The next step if posting in good faith would be to do your own research then to circumvent a source you won’t even bother to read. If I roll my eyes at someone’s citing the daily caller or gateway Pundit I can still go around and check if what they’re saying is disproven nonsense or if it’s a case of a broken clock being right twice a day. Just filibustering the conversation because you don’t like what color of plate the information came served on is disingenuous and nobody takes you seriously digging your feet in like this.

You can google “trump threatens twitter” and find all manner of pages that report on primary sources, like the presidents own tweets, that corroborate that headline. Acting as though you still aren’t sure if he threatened Twitter is impressing no one.

I had a look on Reuters under the Trump headline. I got this.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-trump/trump-to-propose-plan-to-make-u-s-immigration-more-merit-based-idUSKCN1SL2CX

Unrelated to the Twitter story but a great idea none the less. Similar to Australia and soon to be UK system.

Also an article about trump announcing he will ban tik toc. It's a short video sight for children and young people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Trump threatens to shut down social media companies

One of many articles, from many different sources, dated May 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Agreed.

The guardian shouldn't be read by anyone

Again I'll ask the question, now that it's establish that he did previously threaten to take down twitter, do you take back what you said that he didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 82,166 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I had a look on Reuters under the Trump headline. I got this.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-trump/trump-to-propose-plan-to-make-u-s-immigration-more-merit-based-idUSKCN1SL2CX

Unrelated to the Twitter story but a great idea none the less. Similar to Australia and soon to be UK system.

Also an article about trump announcing he will ban tik toc. It's a short video sight for children and young people.

Indeed unrelated to what we’ve been discussing for the past page.

Indeed unrelated to what we’ve been discussing for the past page.

Is relevant to the election. It's a part of his plan.

Its difficult to see it passing through Congress though. But he has set out his stall nonetheless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is relevant to the election. It's a part of his plan.

And its all part of you plan to not read replies or sources that dispute you isn't it? You've form in the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 25,468 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Not really. Stop trying to force your ideas and beliefs.
    I'm not interested in reading the guardian. I have repeated this numerous times.

You have no right

I'm not "trying to force" anything, I just think refusing to read an article because you don't like the source is a ridiculous stance to take. It's an easy cop out when you cannot refute the point being made.

Another Hollywood Access video has resurfaced, this time from Trump voting in the 2004 general election.

https://twitter.com/billkristol/status/1289250877169995776?s=21

He appears to have a hard time voting in person and ultimately fills out an provisional ballot. Well well well :rolleyes:

Reportedly the fault was of Don Jr filing a change of address.

In the segment, then-host Billy Bush accompanied Trump to three polling locations, but each time, Trump was unable to vote. After being redirected at the first stop, Trump said “I like that location better, it’s a richer location,” which prompted the first of many giggling fits by Mr. Bush.

Trump also berated his staff on the way out, telling them to “please ****ing get it right next time.”

At the second polling place, Bush joked to one voter “Your vote is one vote, his vote is a giant vote,” and Trump foreshadowed his election conspiracy obsession by pointing at a poll worker and saying “Make sure there’s no cheating here, right?”

Rebuffed again, Trump and Bush headed for a third location, where Bush intoned to the camera “If his name is not on these rolls, there will be a huge combustion in here.”

It wasn’t, so Trump declared “Well I’m going to fill out the absentee ballot.”

Trump also had an exchange with a man at the polling location whose face was blurred in the video, slapping him on the arm and saying “You didn’t do right by me. You didn’t do right by me Moe. You know that, right? You know that.”

Back in the limousine, Trump explained to Bush that “I saved that guy’s life and he forgot about it. I saved that guy’s life. He’s a scumbag, I saved his life and he forgot about it.”

He then filled out the ballot and declared “And I’ve just voted. At least you can say that trumpster doesn’t give up. Right? You got to vote.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-trump-literally-filled-out-a-mail-in-ballot-on-video-in-2004-called-dude-at-polling-place-scumbag/

A junior high school in Indiana was in the first school district to reopen during the pandemic. They lasted a mere couple hours before shutting down again:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/01/us/schools-reopening-indiana-coronavirus.html

Halfway through the day health officials called the school to warn them one of their students had tested positive. The student had already spent hours mingling in the hallways and attending various classrooms. A good chunk of the student body that may have come into contact with him is now in a mandatory 14 day quarantine.

This is going to be a disaster if the DOE etc. don’t reverse course on reopening of the schools for in-person instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He really is mad that a grandmother was able to use TikTok to ruin his little rally :D

That comedian and mime artist Sarah Cooper who satirises Trump started out on TikTok as well and has millions of followers there. Trump is aware of her because he blocked her from his Twitter.

She uses Trumps own words to ridicule him and it has been remarkably effective. Even Trumps own supporters are now watching these videos and recognise the entertainment value in them. Her video on Person.Woman. Man. Camera. TV. has clocked over 11 million views across all platforms

Arguably though her response to Trump suggesting that people inject disinfectant was her best work to date. Trumps own words just make things very easy for her to land a punch on him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Not even remotely funny and 100% cringe inducing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Can we move on from arguing about what links are good and what are not

ExMachina1000 you have mentioned your disdain for the guardian several times, the point has been made at this stage

Yep the right wing comedy is killing it though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

You remind me of Trump when Obama wrecked him at the White House dinner a few years ago, the only person in the room with no sense of humour and who can’t take a joke...as the orange man himself would say, SAD!!!!

Cheer up man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I love it anyway.
    Just shows how insane he sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Trumps own words and actions? 😂😂

So Susan Collins is getting raked as well today:

https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/status/1289544529465315334?s=21

Click through for a thread on this. Not even the only campaign she’s run where all the people in her ad are actually Maine Republican politicians, which she fails to disclose in her ads:

[url]

https://www.salon.com/2020/08/01/susan-collins-ads-seem-to-feature-ordinary-people--but-dont-reveal-their-ties-to-maine-gop/

The very definition of shilling

• Registered Users Posts: 23,376 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Do you not agree with what she says? Why not?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Do you not agree with what she says? Why not?

I'm not sure she's "saying" anything? She is just mimicking the president as far as I can tell

I'm not sure she's "saying" anything? She is just mimicking the president as far as I can tell

So you’re saying what he says is cringeworthy?

I mean I agree, like this, is incredibly cringeworthy:

https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/status/1289621395530448902?s=21

• Advertisement

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

She is saying Trumps exact own words, you called them cringe inducing a few posts back. You weren't wrong on that, many of his speeches and loose thoughts are cringe inducing.

So you’re saying what he says is cringeworthy?

I mean I agree, like this, is incredibly cringeworthy:

https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/status/1289621395530448902?s=21

for someone who talks so much he says nothing of substance.

She's a typical female comedian IMHO - unwilling to take risks. She plays it safe by cashing in on the orange man fad. But humor is subjective, feel free to enjoy her jokes if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,376 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Shes saying the words of donnie. Why do you not like his words out of someone elses mouth?

Can we move on from arguing about what links are good and what are not

ExMachina1000 you have mentioned your disdain for the guardian several times, the point has been made at this stage

I keep being asked over and over by multiple posters.

I'm replying to more than one but I get your point

She's a typical female comedian IMHO - unwilling to take risks. She plays it safe by cashing in on the orange man fad. But humor is subjective, feel free to enjoy her jokes if you like.

So it’s misogyny now?

So it’s misogyny now?

Iv yet to hear of a funny female comedian.

I could be wrong though. There might be one out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,320 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So it’s misogyny now?

would you expect less from a trump supporter?

• Advertisement

Iv yet to hear of a funny female comedian.

I could be wrong though. There might be one out there.

Edgy :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement