Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

tn2020 wrote: »
    There were 450-ish called for e-tray in October and those scoring above 624 (out of 800) were called for interview in January.

I wonder if they interviewed anyone who scored less than that during this month, as the qualifying standard was only 409 from what I heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ralthooor

Any one called to e-tray Clare/Limerick? And if so what OOM did they go up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭11amie11

Lauras5839 wrote: »
    I'm within the top 5 on the Interdepartmental panel for Dublin and I got my assignment today, so the offers are on their way I hope everyone else who's waiting hears soon :)

Hi, can i ask which department you got assigned to?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

gestappo wrote: »
    So has anyone applied for the EOPI position?

I'm really tempted as I think it would be so interesting, but I'm worried about the life style changes you'd need to make with night shifts etc. Also, presumably no chance of WFH within the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

What's the difference between a CO and EO grade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Jovetic wrote: »

About 6k.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭gestappo

mdwexford wrote: »
    About 6k.

🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

mdwexford wrote: »
    About 6k.

Lol very true

Jovetic wrote: »

EO is a management position and you may be responsible for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Was this only open to certain people within the competition or existing civil servants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

Ralthooor wrote: »
    Any one called to e-tray Clare/Limerick? And if so what OOM did they go up to?

I'm in top 20 for Clare and have not been called for etray yet :(

JDWW wrote: »
    Was this only open to certain people within the competition or existing civil servants?

I’m not sure tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amyrosewq

where and what is this position? TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LindaMc12345

Hi All, sorry if this has been asked before but have they started calling Mayo for stray yet and if so, any idea what oom they have reached? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JackieOnassis

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can remember any questions they were asked at interview? I have mine this week and the panic is starting to set in!

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can remember any questions they were asked at interview? I have mine this week and the panic is starting to set in!

Just make sure you have your competencies prepared. It's a good idea to have 2 for each just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Does anyone know the highest oom called for kerry in the first round.

They called anyone with a score of 119 and above. I just missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maca13

I am on the Mayo and Sligo panels and am doing the E-tray tomorrow
    Do you mind me asking what number you were??

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

How long did it take before you got your etray results?
    I know not to expect them this week, but trying to work out a timeline as going through an internal competition at the same time

MonikaB wrote: »
    How long did it take before you got your etray results?
    I know not to expect them this week, but trying to work out a timeline as going through an internal competition at the same time

I was told 5 weeks from closing date of the exam. Thats from someone in round one of this competition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonikaB

Darren1881 wrote: »
    I was told 5 weeks from closing date of the exam. Thats from someone in round one of this competition

Perfect, thank you. I should be done with interviews on the internal competition and I should know exactly where i stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

Just got my results from my interview last week. Thankfully I passed it, and surprisingly I did a lot better than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Buster97 wrote: »
    Just got my results from my interview last week. Thankfully I passed it, and surprisingly I did a lot better than I thought.

Congratulations Buster. Same! Batch 1.3. (Dublin). Just hope there's jobs for us :)

Do they appoint everyone in one batch before moving on to the next? Will people in batch 1.3 definitely get appointed?

Buster97 wrote: »

That’s fantastic, well done!

Any tips!?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Congratulations Buster. Same! Batch 1.3. (Dublin). Just hope there's jobs for us :)

Do they appoint everyone in one batch before moving on to the next? Will people in batch 1.3 definitely get appointed?

I’d imagine everyone in the batch will be placed. I think someone said they called over 3000 people last year for e-trays so I’d say once nothing negative comes up when they’re doing your reference checks during clearance you can probably guarantee placement.
    That’s fantastic, well done!

Any tips!?
    Thanks Gestappo! The interview felt very tailored to my experience listed on my application form, but phrased in a way that it tied back to the competencies. I just went through the competency indicators and wrote down situations I’ve been in that feel like they were relevant and tried to phrase my answers to use the keywords and cover the skills outlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Just got my results for the inrerview unfortunately I didn't pass.

Good luck to everyone else still in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Jay328 wrote: »

Very sorry to hear that Jay.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear that Jay.

Thanks, had a feeling after the interview so was kind of expecting it.

Hopefully it works out different next time.

Good luck to you in the competition.

Jay328 wrote: »

Sorry to hear it mate. Just keep on trying. This is my third EO competition usually went down during the etray sections so its great you made it so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Just had a message to say I've passed. Such a relief.
    My OOM is 13. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I assume this means there are 12 people ahead of me?

Advertisement