Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 M1ssym00

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    How did you find the interview M1ssy?

Anyone else do the interview? How did ye find it?

I found the interview pretty challenging as it was so short and you had such little time on each competency. The board also interrupted you frequently to keep you on track which can throw you off if you're not 100% bon your examples.

That said I thought I'd failed the interview based on one competency but I did a lot better than I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

maca13 wrote: »
    Anyone been called for any Connacht counties?

I was called for etray last week.. low 20’s for Sligo and teens for Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

AJMG wrote: »
    I was called for etray last week.. low 20’s for Sligo and teens for Leitrim.

Open or interdepartmental?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Sooo wrote: »
    I am in the mid 120s oom open stream for Cork. I emailed PAS and was told they had called TOTAL SCORE 125 and below. I was confused and understood they were calling by oom and not total score so I emailed back and they confirmed. I just missed out as my oom was within but my total score is just outside the parameter. They said they may call another batch in a few months for etray.
    Hope this helps

What they told you was very strange as the higher your Total Score-the better you did in Stage 1. My total score was 148 & I'm in the top 3 in Cork. So whoever told you what they did was confused I'd say. The higher your score the better your OOM.

A friend of mine who's OOM is early 150s for Cork was told they called up to OOM 46 in Cork for Etray when he emailed them.

M1ssym00 wrote: »
    I found the interview pretty challenging as it was so short and you had such little time on each competency. The board also interrupted you frequently to keep you on track which can throw you off if you're not 100% bon your examples.

That said I thought I'd failed the interview based on one competency but I did a lot better than I thought

How many people were on the interview board please ? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

Mellybelly wrote: »
    Open or interdepartmental?

Open

• Registered Users Posts: 2 farsider

I got called for Kerry, I was in 30's

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ipmt

Anyone called for cavan. Does anyone know what email address is to contact pas to see how many was called if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lauras5839

blondie007 wrote: »

For mine there were two asking questions, then a third person from PAS who was managing it, as in letting people in and helping them leave the zoom meeting etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dramaqueeny

whattoknow wrote: »
    Anyone know were Tipp and Limerick called and if so what oom was called

I didn't get called yet either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 karlMilford1

maca13 wrote: »
    Anyone been called for any Connacht counties?

I am on the Mayo and Sligo panels and am doing the E-tray tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

farsider wrote: »
    I got called for Kerry, I was in 30's

Is that open or inter

Ipmt wrote: »
    Anyone called for cavan. Does anyone know what email address is to contact pas to see how many was called if any.

Email them at LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

Make sure you put EO 2020 in the subject line too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Severules78

I got called for interview in Dublin. Im in the 2nd batch after the e tray exam.

Can anyone tell what is covered in the interview? I have my bases covered re cv and examples from my job.

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ipmt

Email them at LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

Make sure you put EO 2020 in the subject line too.

Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

I got called for interview in Dublin. Im in the 2nd batch after the e tray exam.

Can anyone tell what is covered in the interview? I have my bases covered re cv and examples from my job.

Any help appreciated.
    If you read back a few pages I posted on how to prepare for interview with link to the competencies list.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 M1ssym00

Two on the board and someone from PAS taking notes. Only one person asking the question and any follow ups though so it felt more like being interviewed by one person, especially remotely

• Registered Users Posts: 2 farsider

Is that open or inter

Open

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Any help appreciated.

Did you just get the email yesterday? Can I ask roughly how you scored on the E-Tray and when your interview is?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

I was called for Cork, did the etray yesterday. As far as I know they've called up to the late 40s so far.

Thanks Blondie007 just have to wait & see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Any movement on kerry?
    Edit. They've called anyone on a score of 119 upwards for etray.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shinerwx

Has anyone been called for etray for Wexford yet? Also, I did the etray for Dublin and was offered an interview which I had to decline as I wouldn't be able to take up a job in Dublin now due to changes in my circumstances. Does anyone know if I'd have to repeat the etray for Wexford or will they count the one I've already done and passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Has anyone been placed in a post so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭gestappo

How long between PAS contacting you about an interest to interview for your selected County, until you received your interview date?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Em_Caramel

gestappo wrote: »
    How long between PAS contacting you about an interest to interview for your selected County, until you received your interview date?

Got that today as well, interested to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Wazoid

Lauras5839 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering has anybody from the Dublin Interdepartmental panel been offered a position yet?

I'm oom 7 for Dublin interdepartmental and I haven't been offered a position yet. Got my interview results last Thursday.

Any help appreciated.

I made a post several pages back that might help

In short, know why yr examples meet the competencies, know why the competencies matter, have a spare example ready for each if you can, know yr cv and be able to talk about it and most of all get comfortable talking about your examples in a few different ways

- why is it relevant to the competencies
    - does it show the step up to EO level
    - why or how specifically did you do eg one thing in particular
    - what was your specific role in each example

Practice out loud.

If you can bear it, ask someone to drill you on each and ask the question a few ways each time. Record your answers.

If you can watch it back, ticking off the sub competencies for each answer then you are in good shape.

Because you dont know what each interviewer might seek from each competency (they will have read through in advance and maybe decided to probe a gap or a question they have) you really should have a good ten mins of material from a few awkward angles, not just a straight run through

And finally, finally- listen to the question you are asked, and answer it as best you can. Dont try to get away with avoiding it by blitzing them with what you had rather they asked, they won't like it!

Best luck

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

For the people who interviewed already, how long did it take after your e-tray to get to interview and what was your score/OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Just finished my interview. It seemed to go alright until the end, don't think I passed. Now just the anxious wait for the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Galwayhurl

gestappo wrote: »
    They mark each competency out of a total score so if you fall down in one, you can still pass.

What was it that made you feel like you didn’t pass?

I thought you had to score at least 20/50 on each competency, no? That's what I read on previous EO threads.

Advertisement