Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

gestappo wrote: »
    If interested, you’ve to be interviewed for it.

I'm on the EO 2020 Panel and I didnt recieve any info about this, is there any contact details on the message?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gestappo

facade wrote: »
    I'm on the EO 2020 Panel and I didnt recieve any info about this, is there any contact details on the message?

PAS sent an Expression of Interest through my publicjobs account and if interested in the position to reply to them by a certain date.

gestappo wrote: »
    PAS sent an Expression of Interest through my publicjobs account and if interested in the position to reply to them by a certain date.

Thanks, I'll get onto them if it doesnt come in a few days. whats the closing date?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Severules78

Does anyone know how many are put on a panel? I have interviewed and awaiting results for Dublin. How many position are they trying to fill. I know the panels last 2 years but do they start filling positions straight away.

Does anyone know how many are put on a panel? I have interviewed and awaiting results for Dublin. How many position are they trying to fill. I know the panels last 2 years but do they start filling positions straight away.

No idea how many people could be on a panel but going from this thread people will be placed quite soon. They usually do the clearance right before a placement is assigned. Plus the panel is for a 2 year duration so in that time thousands could be placed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seesee wrote: »
    Is this only being offered to the interdepartmental panel? I’m on the new open panel but didn’t hear anything since 21/1 when I got my interview and OOM. It’s very attractive to me!

I'm only on the Open and I got the EOI.

Perhaps they only sent out out to a certain OOM?

Did you get the interview expression of interest email on Monday/Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lauras5839

I'm within the top 5 on the Interdepartmental panel for Dublin and I got my assignment today, so the offers are on their way I hope everyone else who's waiting hears soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 keanocar

Just finished the e-tray. Ran out of time on the main letter. Raging with myself now that I didn’t do it first and do the other tasks afterwards but thought I might end up spending too long on the letter if I had done it first. Could’ve probably done with another 10 minutes to finish it

keanocar wrote: »
    Just finished the e-tray. Ran out of time on the main letter. Raging with myself now that I didn’t do it first and do the other tasks afterwards but thought I might end up spending too long on the letter if I had done it first. Could’ve probably done with another 10 minutes to finish it

I’m the same, I managed to address all the issues but didn’t get to add a satisfactory sign off. Or to check I had answered everything else. Fingers crossed anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seesee wrote: »
    Yes and interview.

So then they wouldn't send you an EOI for this role as you have already interviewed. You're in a sense out of the running

I'd email them though seeing as you have interviewed and are clearly of a standard.

• Advertisement

Lauras5839 wrote: »
    I'm within the top 5 on the Interdepartmental panel for Dublin and I got my assignment today, so the offers are on their way I hope everyone else who's waiting hears soon :)

That’s fantastic, congratulations!

Do you mind me asking in which dept they’re placing you?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 keanocar

I’m the same, I managed to address all the issues but didn’t get to add a satisfactory sign off. Or to check I had answered everything else. Fingers crossed anyway!

I didn’t even get to address all the issues, still had two to address. Wish I’d spent more time on it in the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westcork blue

Hi I just completed the e-tray for Cork and Waterford. It was ok I think(hope) I haven't applied before and was wondering if anyone can explain how the process goes from here - are the results from the first stage superseded by this e-tray with a new OOM based exclusively on the E-tray or is it a combination of both and a new OOM based on the combined results. I was OOM 20 in Waterford and 43 in Cork. Also would be great to get an idea of how many positions are likely to be offered over the coming months to those in the Open section in Cork and Waterford. Given the experience some have of the process as posted here over the last few months I'd be really grateful if any one could give an estimate. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Hi I just completed the e-tray for Cork and Waterford. It was ok I think(hope) I haven't applied before and was wondering if anyone can explain how the process goes from here - are the results from the first stage superseded by this e-tray with a new OOM based exclusively on the E-tray or is it a combination of both and a new OOM based on the combined results. I was OOM 20 in Waterford and 43 in Cork. Also would be great to get an idea of how many positions are likely to be offered over the coming months to those in the Open section in Cork and Waterford. Given the experience some have of the process as posted here over the last few months I'd be really grateful if any one could give an estimate. Thanks

I did etray a few weeks after initial tests in 2019. Cork was slow as hell. Never went beyond 52. And expect a long wait unless you are in the top 10. I was batch 1, in oom 70s. Never even got an interview. Dublin is no comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Galwayhurl

It's important to remember that there are multiple Etray exams/tests. Even if you and someone else sit the test on the same day, you are unlikely to sit the same Etray. The tasks and deadlines in each test could be different to what other candidates have experienced. If I remember correctly, there are over 60 possible Etrays.

It will cause anxiety in yourself and do your head in trying to figure out if you did well or not. To those who have sat it already, it's done. Just wait and remember that, as humans, we always think the worst but sometimes we're better than we think we are.

For those of you about to take the test, just do your best. Concentrate, be familiar with the laptop/computer that you take it on. Give it your all and let things fall as they may. Or whatever the saying is.

I was as anxious as you are before/after the Etray. That's completely natural. Just remember, think LOGICALLY. What would you do in that situation? What HAVE you done in that situation? As opposed to, "what's the right answer?"

That's what the Civil Service needs and wants.

thanks appreciate the info.

thanks appreciate the info.

Hi westcork.

As far as I know, you get a new OOM after the Etray and then that determines how soon you will be called for an interview. Then based on your interview results, you will get a new OOM again based on your interview performance.

I'm saying this as someone who is just slightly ahead of you in the process, ableit in Dublin.

As far as I know that's how it goes. Others here can confirm?

Edit: Just to add, in Dublin, OOM after the earlier stages (Personality & Verbal & Numerical Reasoning) just meant they were called earlier to the Etray. Then the post-Etray OOM determined how soon one would be called for interview. Then when you are interviewed you either pass and are put on the panel for placement, or you fail the interview.

The lovely posters from this thread may correct me if I'm wrong :)

thanks, appreciate you filling in the blanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    Hi westcork.

As far as I know, you get a new OOM after the Etray and then that determines how soon you will be called for an interview. Then based on your interview results, you will get a new OOM again based on your interview performance.

I'm saying this as someone who is just slightly ahead of you in the process, ableit in Dublin.

As far as I know that's how it goes. Others here can confirm?

Edit: Just to add, in Dublin, OOM after the earlier stages (Personality & Verbal & Numerical Reasoning) just meant they were called earlier to the Etray. Then the post-Etray OOM determined how soon one would be called for interview. Then when you are interviewed you either pass and are put on the panel for placement, or you fail the interview.

The lovely posters from this thread may correct me if I'm wrong :)

There's no new OOM after E-Tray. The order in which you're called for interview after E-Tray is determined by your score in the E-Tray. You are then given an OOM after interview.

There's no new OOM after E-Tray. The order in which you're called for interview after E-Tray is determined by your score in the E-Tray. You are then given an OOM after interview.

You are technically correct Niall. But the order in which you are called for interview after Etray is based on your score in the Etray, which is a defacto order of merit in itself.

OOM in most people's minds is simply the order of merit with respect to how you did in the previous rounds compared with others at any one stage.

But you are right in saying that OOM only comes back in after interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Severules78

Just a question on oom. I finished after aptitude test in the top 70 in dublin and had a score after etray of between 570 and 580. So was called for interview in 2 nd batch. Do I start at zero for interviews or do the previous rounds marks count also. I don't currently work for CS and cant seem to find out this?

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

Just a question on oom. I finished after aptitude test in the top 70 in dublin and had a score after etray of between 570 and 580. So was called for interview in 2 nd batch. Do I start at zero for interviews or do the previous rounds marks count also. I don't currently work for CS and cant seem to find out this?

Thx

Your OOM is done after the etray. So when you go for interview if you pass you get put on a number on a panel based on the scores you get for each competency

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tebazil

Does the order of merit start at 1 again for each batch? I know someone who is in batch 1.2 and they have a low OOM (less than 15).

Em_Caramel wrote: »
    Did anyone else receive the message about an expression of interest for the EOPI positions?

24/7 shift works, but there's an allowance upto 25% for it. In two minds here.

Have you been able to get any more information about this post?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

Tebazil wrote: »
    Does the order of merit start at 1 again for each batch? I know someone who is in batch 1.2 and they have a low OOM (less than 15).

I'm not fully sure.

I'm in the same situation as the person you know but I cant confirm whether it starts at 1 again or not

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CP123

Hi all, I have 3 questions all around OOM, if anyone would be kind enough to educate me ��

1. I feel like I have done very well so far, up until the interview that is. I think I completely bottled the interview and feel so disappointed in myself. Is the new OOM based solely on interview performance? Do they take into account previous performance throughout the stages in the competition, and the interview you just need to pass it, or is your OOM directly based on how many points you score in interview and nothing else?

2. If by some miracle I have passed the interview, but I get a crap OOM (my understanding is that the lower my OOM the better) say my new OOM is very high, does anyone know how many or what number they actually placed in the last EO competition. I don't have a clue what to expect, like if I pass but my number is super high is there a chance they will ever get to me.

3. The interviews are done in batches right, so 1.1, 1.2 etc. Say in 1.1 there are 50 people for arguments sake, with OOM of 1 to 50. Then the same in batch 2. How does it work in terms of placements. So say I was in batch 2, if I was to be given OOM of say 25 I would expect that when the 25th vacancy came up I would be offered it, but there is someone with an OOM of 25 in the other batches too, so like I dont get it. Is each batch all on one larger list, or do they place all batch 1 before they start placing 1.2, then place all them before they start placing 1.3 etc ...

Thanks ��

CP123 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have 3 questions all around OOM, if anyone would be kind enough to educate me ��

1. I feel like I have done very well so far, up until the interview that is. I think I completely bottled the interview and feel so disappointed in myself. Is the new OOM based solely on interview performance? Do they take into account previous performance throughout the stages in the competition, and the interview you just need to pass it, or is your OOM directly based on how many points you score in interview and nothing else?

2. If by some miracle I have passed the interview, but I get a crap OOM (my understanding is that the lower my OOM the better) say my new OOM is very high, does anyone know how many or what number they actually placed in the last EO competition. I don't have a clue what to expect, like if I pass but my number is super high is there a chance they will ever get to me.

3. The interviews are done in batches right, so 1.1, 1.2 etc. Say in 1.1 there are 50 people for arguments sake, with OOM of 1 to 50. Then the same in batch 2. How does it work in terms of placements. So say I was in batch 2, if I was to be given OOM of say 25 I would expect that when the 25th vacancy came up I would be offered it, but there is someone with an OOM of 25 in the other batches too, so like I dont get it. Is each batch all on one larger list, or do they place all batch 1 before they start placing 1.2, then place all them before they start placing 1.3 etc ...

Thanks ��

My understanding is that each batch resets at 1.

I'm in batch 1.2, so I assume that all of the candidates in batch 1.1 will be placed and then they will begin clearance and placements for batch 1.2. Once all of us are assigned or have refused then they will start at 1.3

Seems to me that batches 1.1 and 1.2 are small enough, 2- 3 weeks of interviews at most.

I have no facts to back this up, its just how it's working in my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tn2020

I emailed PAS to ask about the OOM/batch set-up. I passed my interview and am also in batch 1.2 and I asked if the OOM starts at 1 again in each batch. They said yes to this so, for the example above, if you are OOM 25 in batch 1.2 and there are 50 people in each batch (and by extension, batch 1.1) then you would be 75th in line for a position. I asked how many were in each batch and they said they couldn't release that information until the panel finishes in two years time.

To my knowledge from comments on this thread, no one was called for interview in 2020 so the first interviews were done in January. There were 450-ish called for e-tray in October and those scoring above 624 (out of 800) were called for interview in January. Again using the scores that people have mentioned here for the e-tray, my guess is that around 100 were called for interview. There was no new OOM given after the e-tray so it seems that being called for interview was based on the e-tray score alone. I scored 624 myself and from what I can gather, was in the fourth and last week of the January round of interviews so this would make sense in that context as this was the lowest potential score to be invited at this stage. PAS did tell me that I was in the second batch to be called for interview though it seems that batch 1.1 and batch 1.2 were called at the same time. In all likelihood, the first two weeks in January were for batch 1.1 and all of those called for that time frame were then in direct competition with each for the OOM for their batch. The second two weeks were for batch 1.2 and with the same idea. The results from interview were given in two stages about two weeks apart from what people have said here, hence my grand theory ;-)

The only thing that is not clear is whether anything other than interview scores (i.e. previous rounds) were taken into account for the new OOM after interview.

In terms of how many actually are in each batch, I suppose it is possible that not all of those called accepted the interview and that (though I hope not!), not everyone passed the interview. The likelihood therefore is that the batches are small enough, maximum 50 though I suspect slightly lower.

Some facts and some guesses there...but I hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Tebazil wrote: »

Yes, each batch starts at number 1

• Advertisement

So has anyone applied for the EOPI position?

Advertisement