Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Property Market 2020 Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭fliball123

I don’t think so without a change of planning permission. Same applies to all the AirBnb units that people think will come back into use once tourism returns.

Most of them can’t (from a legal standpoint), so most will re-enter the long term rental market or be sold which is a significant source of additional supply (c.5,000 in Dublin) coming into the market next year that people don’t appear to be factoring in properly just yet IMO

Another figure and conspiracy theory pulled straight from your sphincter muscle good man props. I forgot to ask you who shot JFK??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Villa05

Is this a discussion boards or shoot the poster that does not fall into line with the group think game

Very valid points raised signalling danger, then the usual suspects line up their rifles

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭thefridge2006

Villa05 wrote: »
    Is this a discussion boards or shoot the poster that does not fall into line with the group think game

Very valid points raised signalling danger, then the usual suspects line up their rifles

I was just going to post the same thing. Props makes some brilliant points and backs them up.

The Mods on this site don't agree with him and argue with him all the time while allow personal attacks from others. If the shoe was on the other foot he'd be site banned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

I’d say it’s a thread where you can post anything you like whether it is fact,, fiction or opinion. Those opinions should be open to debate scrutiny and ridicule. For example, some people believe property prices will not fall or are not over valued, some believe the state can build houses at scale without making a mess of it, other believe Sinn Fein are correct in their theories, some think property prices will fall 50% in 2 years and 75% within 5 years. Some suggest you should take advice from randomers on purchasing a property. Some even pipe on about the last recession.

Another poster (plopqueries) suggested the government will use the proposed reform of direct provision as a method to keep property prices inflated. Now you tell me how should someone react to such a statement? Plausible? Racist? Xenophobic? Idiotic? Trolling? What do you expect on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

I was just going to post the same thing. Props makes some brilliant points and backs them up.

The Mods on this site don't agree with him and argue with him all the time while allow personal attacks from others. If the shoe was on the other foot he'd be site banned

I think Propqueries is a great example of how to engage in a civil discussion. I have never seen him rise to the numerous personal attacks he receives in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

fliball123 wrote: »
    Another figure and conspiracy theory pulled straight from your sphincter muscle good man props. I forgot to ask you who shot JFK??

It's a shame boards.ie is full of nonsense posts like this.

dor843088 wrote: »

You should check out the threads on Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

This is a thread full of property bears who don’t like being disagreed with not the opposite

Cyrus wrote: »
    This is a thread full of property bears who don’t like being disagreed with not the opposite

LOL

He makes things up and selectively picks parts of articles that appear to support his theses

He has been right about the square root of nothing so far.

• Advertisement

LOL

Have a look and see who the most frequent posters are when you are finished being so articulate .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hubertj - I would strongly suggest you take a few days off from this thread if you find the contents so vexing and cannot contribute sensibly (post at 19:41 above does not meet any standards at all). If it requires software enforcement (read: a ban) to do this, that is what will have to be done. You were already specifically warned not to interact with PropQueries and take it to PM

Have a look and see who the most frequent posters are when you are finished being so articulate .

what has the most frequent posters got to do with what you said? if you're going to be condescending maybe have a decent argument ready

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Villa05

Cyrus wrote:
    He makes things up and selectively picks parts of articles that appear to support his theses

Ahh the fine art of marketing. Its always prudent to read the fine print and between the lines.
    Media played a big part in the last bubble. They did not suddenly change their ways.
    You have to dig deep to get the full picture of what is happening Buying a house is a 30 year commitment.

what has the most frequent posters got to do with what you said? if you're going to be condescending maybe have a decent argument ready

If you don’t understand the point there’s hardly any point engaging any further

Ahh the fine art of marketing. Its always prudent to read the fine print and between the lines.
    Media played a big part in the last bubble. They did not suddenly change their ways.
    You have to dig deep to get the full picture of what is happening Buying a house is a 30 year commitment.

Yeah they are all out to get us at least we have one sage to tell us property prices will drop 50 percent in 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 27 three putt

Hubertj wrote: »
    Could be the Russians instead of the British that invade. I think a Russian sub took Fungi whilst doing recon to invade from the west. They will take Kerry first. Then move onto limerick and turn it into a gulag. Tough times ahead.
    Property prices will be leat of our worries in a few months.
    Although it will mean jobs for everyone which should ensure a soft landing.
    Again this is just my opinion but as likely as the rest on here.
    Link to article from 1985 about Russian sub sinking in Irish waters.
    https://magill.ie/archive/danger-under-irish-sea

In 2015 this happened
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-32333336
    Must be linked to property prices.

Again only my opinion. But I have posted links supporting my view.

LOL :)

Your point is nonsense...... saying the above is plausible because of who the main contributors in this thread are?

WTF????:confused::confused::confused:

Your point is nonsense...... saying the above is plausible because of who the main contributors in this thread are?

WTF????:confused::confused::confused:

Well at least you finally got it

There are more bearish posts than anything else on this thread .

Well at least you finally got it

There are more bearish posts than anything else on this thread .

Get what?

your silly nonsensical theory that the majority of posters here are bears and that somehow means that they all don't like to be disagreed with....

You'd want to improve your standard of posts or stay away from the bottle

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You two can take it to PM also

Do not respond to moderation on-thread

I’d say it’s a thread where you can post anything you like whether it is fact,, fiction or opinion. Those opinions should be open to debate scrutiny and ridicule. For example, some people believe property prices will not fall or are not over valued, some believe the state can build houses at scale without making a mess of it, other believe Sinn Fein are correct in their theories, some think property prices will fall 50% in 2 years and 75% within 5 years. Some suggest you should take advice from randomers on purchasing a property. Some even pipe on about the last recession.

Another poster (plopqueries) suggested the government will use the proposed reform of direct provision as a method to keep property prices inflated. Now you tell me how should someone react to such a statement? Plausible? Racist? Xenophobic? Idiotic? Trolling? What do you expect on the internet?

Not only this but Props deliberately shifts focus when he is outed for a lie. He/she also has posts that directly contradict what he has previously put up. For example he has been saying there is no housing crisis and then a few posts later he is using the housing crisis to try and prove a different point.

dor843088 wrote: »

Well when your debating a person who you have proved over and over again that they are lying and then they go off topic for a couple weeks and then try to regurgitate the same lie this is what happens. Props has been doing it for weeks/months now and then he is trying to give advice to some poor poster on here about buying a house or not buying a house when he has an agenda which he will not admit to.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

consider this fair warning.

Any further posts discussing other posters rather than the property market will result in a thread ban.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/annesley-gardens-annesley-gardens-ranelagh-dublin-6/4400630

Why do you build “family homes” with little to no gardens? Whatever about the price and how they look can anyone explain the no garden thing?

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/annesley-gardens-annesley-gardens-ranelagh-dublin-6/4400630

Why do you build “family homes” with little to no gardens? Whatever about the price and how they look can anyone explain the no garden thing?

To fit more houses in to the development? Would be considered a waste of land for the developer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

Was thinking this too when looking at some friends new builds. Wonder is it down to land prices? squeeze as many houses in as possible to guarantee/increase return? I could be way off here but sure i'll be corrected if so

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

The local authorities demand higher densities also to make the best use of zoned and serviced lands.

Not always the developer seeking higher profits.

In some cases the developer would prefer larger sites/gardens in the case of say a "exclusive" development but will not be granted planning die to zoning etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭AssetBacked2

Could be the Russians instead of the British that invade. I think a Russian sub took Fungi whilst doing recon to invade from the west. They will take Kerry first. Then move onto limerick and turn it into a gulag. Tough times ahead.
    Property prices will be leat of our worries in a few months.
    Although it will mean jobs for everyone which should ensure a soft landing.
    Again this is just my opinion but as likely as the rest on here.
    Link to article from 1985 about Russian sub sinking in Irish waters.
    https://magill.ie/archive/danger-under-irish-sea

In 2015 this happened
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-32333336
    Must be linked to property prices.

Again only my opinion. But I have posted links supporting my view.

I'm not supporting any poster but I don't get why you are so riled by the breadth of discussion on Boards.ie. If you don't like reading quite a varied collection of opinions, then why continue to do it? Throwing hissy fits like this post say more about you then the opinions you disagree with.

Twitter allows you to block people on threads, maybe you can find a better home there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement