Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mmmm whiskey. Rotten form tonight so better i'm in work than in the whiskey though :o

Opened a bottle of wine that someone gave me 9 years ago and its gorgeous.

What one is it?
    *slides glass *

Well done Sardi, great outcome but it shouldn't be such a battle to get that info. x

I had the laziest day, ashamed to admit it was almost 5pm before I had my breakfast, couchside now and only one episode of my programme left to watch so I'm saving it for later, I fell asleep during the late late last night so watched it now. Don't know what to do with myself, feel like I'm wasting my weekend, just can't get stuck into the housework, I kinda miss the pub tonight, would love just an hour out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Mmmm whiskey. Rotten form tonight so better i'm in work than in the whiskey though :o

Sad to hear your evening is going not to your liking. I do hope the night improves for you.

Autosport wrote: »
    Glad you got it sorted Sardi, ((Hugs))

Home now and we won €100 and a bottle of whiskey. :)

To the people who said cook my dad dinner etc I already do that But thanks for the ideas :)

What is the brand of whiskey?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It is potentially dangerous Grem and this is the reality of an overstretched health service. Not everyone in Dad's position is fortunate enough to have a carer at all, least of all one with the limited background in health that I have. Mistakes will be made and some of them won't be picked up on time or at all and some of them will be fatal. As it is I had to use my own judgement and continue to give him the meds in the hope I wasn't doing more harm than good as he needs them. The out-of-hours nurse was great and we're both now fairly certain there is nothing more than a benign reaction to magnesium but I need the doc to be certain

ETA: just off the phone from an absolute hero of a doctor who confirmed the nurses suspicions. A pure gent, very patient and kind and asked me to put the phone on speaker to speak to my Dad. I thought it was to ask him some health related questions but it was to tell him he was lucky to have me! I'm actually in tears at his kindness. And you guys, thank you all so much for your support ×

Brilliant news Sardi. Delighted. He is lucky to have you. Your post also highlights where we are heading with our health care service in these particular times. It's fairly bad anyway but extra pressure won't help it in any way. I remember Mrs G being wheeled through A&E on the way to ICU in Naas hospital over three years ago after her treatment for an acute stroke. It was the dead of night and midweek. There were trollies everywhere with people on them. Like a warzone. Lights dimmed. Moans and groans from patients in the darkness. Staff doing their best. Images that will stay with me. But feck me, I want this post to be about you and your Dad. Stay cool. Do your best and thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement

Glitch. Gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hugs Gremy. Big Squishy Boobie hugs if you want them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside patting my belly after dinner, little brother cooked for us

fennel pasta sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That effing stupid Finding Joy has just cropped up on TV now.. Quick, where's the remote?

To thine own self be true

That effing stupid Finding Joy has just cropped up on TV now.. Quick, where's the remote?

What is that?

• Advertisement

What is that?

Utter crap!

Burn your tellie!

Hugs Gremy. Big Squishy Boobie hugs if you want them

I'll take a squishy boobie hug also if they are going around,lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Burn your tellie!

I found the remote, thank feck.

To thine own self be true

Burn your tellie!

Grandeeod, have you seen this? Aldi-brewdog collab? It's really nice and made me laugh.

529651.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

]not a fan of amy huberman eh:D
    couchside watching the utd game with a beer

Grandeeod, have you seen this? Aldi-brewdog collab? It's really nice and made me laugh.

529651.jpg

Ya got me?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Never as glad to see the back of a day.... work was **** today, and there’s a sense of anger and anxiety in work this evening that I haven’t seen since the last lockdown.
    I can safely say that all my co-workers will agree tonight.
    Please stop standing up on top of us, there’s arrows all over the flooring to try and keep some sort of one way system in place.... but noooo - you just walk where you like ...
    and to the fcuker that was told to hang on a second at the door because there a lady in front of him sanitising her hands and he replied, ‘for ****s sake, such ****e’ - you can go fcuk yourself!
    Same pr1ck will probably be on fb tomorrow giving out at the outlandish treatment he got at the door...
    I really don’t know... but this is the pits!
    Now, gimme ALL THE WINE!

Ya got me?

Um... What?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was going to offer my tv remote finding services for a squishy boobie hug

• Advertisement

Um... What?

Don't recognize it BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Squishy Boobie hugs have to be offered! They are for distressed souls not for chances and not exchanged for favours! Naughty!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and a bag of hunky dories salt 'n' vinegar crisps

Squishy Boobie hugs have to be offered! They are for distressed souls not for chances and not exchanged for favours! Naughty!

Oh well I tried.lol.

Don't recognize it BB.

Am I right in thinking you like your beers, craft beers etc. or am I misremembering?! Anyway, if you do and you're in aldi, you should try it. It's good. I like brewdog beers anyway!

Am I right in thinking you like your beers, craft beers etc. or am I misremembering?! Anyway, if you do and you're in aldi, you should try it. It's good. I like brewdog beers anyway!

I like the auld the craft beer as well .

I like the auld the craft beer as well .

Well you should try it too! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Relaxing with my beloved.

Well you should try it too! :):)

I will get some and I will post here on whether it receives the sephers seal of approval or not.

• Advertisement

I'll look out for it BB in the next shop. For the last 6 weeks or so, its been Aldi all the way! Budget reasons obviously.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement