Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Must say this week's round of treats didn't tickle my fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I got the tub of ice cream a couple of weeks ago. Cookie dough. Have to say it's very nice. We used to get the likes of Ben & Jerrys when it was on offer in the other supermarkets but I would definitely buy this again. Full price is around €2.50 so the Lidl Plus voucher brought it down to €1.25.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Must say this week's round of treats didn't tickle my fancy
    I'm happy they have stuff we need - oil, toilet paper, fish fillets
    more of this Lidl, and less branded offers
    1nsKS4N.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I'll buy the bog roll next time I'm down but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Those having issues logging in did you try your mobile without the 0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

I take it the scratchcard is gone ... haven’t got anything in a week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I got it this week but not last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

Got a 50c scratchcard yesterday,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Can you only buy one of each special offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Can you only buy one of each special offer?

Yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,574 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Yes unless you have more than one phone, myself and herself both have the app which is handy

Do you need separate accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

I notice the roast beef has been deleted this week.. They done the same with the cooked ham last week.. Bit of false advertising I might suggest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    I notice the roast beef has been deleted this week.. They done the same with the cooked ham last week.. Bit of false advertising I might suggest!!!

Likely come packaged from the same factory as the covid outbreak.

Not Lidl plus related but the white chocolate almond ice creams weren't in stock in either of the lidls here :( I was looking forward to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

Probably cos of the suppliers being closed down cos of covid??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Offers 27/08 - 02/09
    3vEO9Kz.pngtIDmeKM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

zell12 wrote:
    Offers 27/08 - 02/09

That's better. Will buy each of those I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I wasn't particulary impressed by this weeks offers either, but next weeks offers look great (very similar to the first week of the soft launch).

The absence of the roast beef slices has to be down to the issues with the meat factories which is fair enough, however I'm surprised that Lidl haven't offered a replacement offer like they have done previously, maybe they have forgot? A Lidl reminder for you here Lidl! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

celticfc wrote: »
    I wasn't particulary impressed by this weeks offers either, but next weeks offers look great (very similar to the first week of the soft launch).

The absence of the roast beef slices has to be down to the issues with the meat factories which is fair enough, however I'm surprised that Lidl haven't offered a replacement offer like they have done previously, maybe they have forgot? A Lidl reminder for you here Lidl! :pac:

It would be too hard to organise a replacement at such short notice as factories would have to plan in for such volume uplifts weeks in advance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

It would be too hard to organise a replacement at such short notice as factories would have to plan in for such volume uplifts weeks in advance.

They done it last week and replaced the advertised ham slices with half price Hunky Dorys.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

celticfc wrote:
    They done it last week and replaced the advertised ham slices with half price Hunky Dorys.

Residual ambient stock I'd imagine. That might have been their backup plan and it got used up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

The pork chops probably will not be available if the meat factories are closed.. Lol
    zell12 wrote: »
    Offers 27/08 - 02/09
    3vEO9Kz.pngtIDmeKM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

The pork chops probably will not be available if the meat factories are closed.. Lol

There is obviously more than 1 meat factory producing these products.

Two of the worst ones affected by covid were Carroll's and O Briens which both produce cooked meats for retailers. It's no surprise to see Lidl pull the cooked meat products from their special offers given that they're cooked meats supplier was not able to supply as normal really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

There is obviously more than 1 meat factory producing these products.

Two of the worst ones affected by covid were Carroll's and O Briens which both produce cooked meats for retailers. It's no surprise to see Lidl pull the cooked meat products from their special offers given that they're cooked meats supplier was not able to supply as normal really.

The factory in question handles more than cooked meats, I could see the pork being affected.

I'm off sugar so this week will either be going in the press or I won't be getting it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

Noticeable lack of stock on offer items today in my Lidl. No Hake, no Pink Lady apples, no Malted biscuits. Bit of a wasted trip, got lottery ticket for 50c off next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MB05

Genghis wrote: »
    Noticeable lack of stock on offer items today in my Lidl. No Hake, no Pink Lady apples, no Malted biscuits. Bit of a wasted trip, got lottery ticket for 50c off next time.

I found the same. I had the voucher for free malted biscuits but they didn't have any. No kids water or white grapes either.

Considering they give everyone the same thing on the scratchcard I'd have thought they would make sure they had enough stock to make sure people were able to get them. They ask you to nominate your local store and all our shopping data is readily available to them so they could crunch the numbers and work out how many boxes they roughly needed in each store. If they run out in numerous stores they should automatically extend the expiry date on the voucher by another few days so people don't lose out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

I hope it's not a trend but this week and next week's offers are not great and look to be kind of "shyte we're finding it hard to shift" type deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We did fairly good Yesterday saved over €12 at the till. The guy was surprised.
    I don't think a lot are using the app around us.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A lidl person inside the entrance Scanned €2 off onto my phone on the way in the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Bit torn now between the new app and the old weekend halfprice deals. They have that lovely cold-pressed cloudy apple juice at half price but of course it's just one per customer. On a half price weekend I'd load up the trolley to the max with this stuff - I go through 4 or 5 a week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

vicwatson wrote: »
    A lidl person inside the entrance Scanned €2 off onto my phone on the way in the other day

I hope they only give it to good people who wear their masks!:D

Advertisement