Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

50c off my scratch card too, I would prefer the old weekend offers as you could get ( usually) 10 of each, a lot of stuff on app wouldn't normally buy but pity couldn't buy 2 of one item if not availing of other offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

florawest wrote: »
    50c off my scratch card too, I would prefer the old weekend offers as you could get ( usually) 10 of each, a lot of stuff on app wouldn't normally buy but pity couldn't buy 2 of one item if not availing of other offers.

I got free chocolate chip cookies this week,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

amber2 wrote: »
    I got free chocolate chip cookies this week,
    Those cookies are horrible, same for the Aldi version.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thargor wrote: »
    Those cookies are horrible, same for the Aldi version.

When u download the app you have to accept cookies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is the coffee offer ground coffee or full beans? It has a picture of full beans on the packet but I think its actually ground?

Yep its ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

How long do you have after you get a scratch card before it expires?

I used mine the very day I did my shop, and it showed a money-off voucher that is expiring today, but I hadn't planned on going to Lidl until Friday, so maybe I could have waited before scratching the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is the coffee offer ground coffee or full beans? It has a picture of full beans on the packet but I think its actually ground?

It's ground. It's nice coffee imo.
    mrcheez wrote: »
    How long do you have after you get a scratch card before it expires?

I used mine the very day I did my shop, and it showed a money-off voucher that is expiring today, but I hadn't planned on going to Lidl until Friday, so maybe I could have waited before scratching the card.

72 hours to scratch it off I think it says

Did they stop the scratch card at the end I bought coke from the offers and got no scratch card ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Did they stop the scratch card at the end I bought coke from the offers and got no scratch card ?

I got 50c off yday

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

You only get a scratch card every 72 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Heydoyoubye

I went two the shop today to pick up one or two of the new offers only spent under two euro with promos and my 50cent off. Was over 72 hours but never got scratch card, is their a min spend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭thesandeman

No scratcher today here either. It was more then the 72 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

It’s very handy

Yes their scratch cards are definitely hit and miss, I sent them off an email as I had about 10 shops ( different dates) and 3 scratch cards to date, still waiting on reply, they replied first and as it happened I had redeemed one that day and got another, but still due a few more, sent them another email showing dates of visits and dates that I redeemed the scratch cards, def prefer the weekend offers they once had.

Boyfriend used the app for the first time and got a scratcher also

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

I didn't get one either but called customer service and they said it might just be delayed and can take up to 24 hours for it to appear. They took my card number etc so I'd say ring them and they'll sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

Yes their scratch cards are definitely hit and miss, I sent them off an email as I had about 10 shops ( different dates) and 3 scratch cards to date, still waiting on reply, they replied first and as it happened I had redeemed one that day and got another, but still due a few more, sent them another email showing dates of visits and dates that I redeemed the scratch cards, def prefer the weekend offers they once had.

U only get them every 72 hours I think

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    U only get them every 72 hours I think

Hi thanks, multiples of 72 hours have passed and nothing 😂and my son bought tv on Mon morning on his app and just checked with him there no scratch card either, he won't be emailing them 😂but I might ring tomorrow if nothing appears in morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hi thanks, multiples of 72 hours have passed and nothing ��and my son bought tv on Mon morning on his app and just checked with him there no scratch card either, he won't be emailing them ��but I might ring tomorrow if nothing appears in morning.

You have to have shopped twice within 72 hours to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Next weeks offers don’t look great at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

• Registered Users Posts: 23,414 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Thurs 20/08
    cWLU4gz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,414 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Frozen chicken burgers, Toilet Roll, Hake Fillets, Sunflower oil
    all good offers
    1nsKS4N.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

It’s giving very little now....I did a good bit of shopping over the last week or so and got 50 c off, nothing more. wife bought very little on one occasion and got the same... won’t be making that mistake next week ....for the same money I spent I get a lot more vouchers from dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

LillySV wrote: »
    It’s giving very little now....I did a good bit of shopping over the last week or so and got 50 c off, nothing more. wife bought very little on one occasion and got the same... won’t be making that mistake next week ....for the same money I spent I get a lot more vouchers from dunnes

Surely in the grand scheme of things including dunnes vouchers you have to be spending a hell of a lot more in Dunnes Stores as opposed to lidl even buying their value brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

OmegaGene wrote: »
    100% agree
    i tried dunnes for a few weeks using the vouchers and the money i was spending was crazy compared to visiting aldi and lidl

Completely agree. I did a few Dunnes shops and allthough not scientific I would walk out of Dunnes with 2 plastic bags and the money spent would be 40 Euro.... I would walk out of lidl with just under half a trolley filled for about 40 euro lol No joke ! I actually would be screwed without lidl.

(PS I would be activly looking for the best prices and value brands in Dunnes in case anyone thinks i was picking up premium over priced items)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Only noticed this thread now so downloaded the app. I'm kind of shocked over how poor this is considering that it's only launched recently. There is only like five things with coupons and mostly on branded products which people don't generally buy in Lidl anyway. On top of that, it won't even let me claim the five euro. It just says "error trying to deactivate coupon" when I try to activate. It's still a great value supermarket compared to the others but what's the point in launching something that's so half arsed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Surely in the grand scheme of things including dunnes vouchers you have to be spending a hell of a lot more in Dunnes Stores as opposed to lidl even buying their value brands?

I bought very little in dunnes lately and yet they sent me out afew 10’off 40’vouchers and two 1 euro off shopping vouchers . The trick with dunnes is to do the shopping wisely and buy meat and veg etc there and products on offer... there’s some things in dunnes for mad money as they obviously want to make their money back... don’t buy those things , get them elsewhere.

I think aldi is great too and keep their prices down ... I’d probably prefer their stuff over lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

OmegaGene wrote: »
    well that went downhill rather quickly

Sure did

Was great in the period when wasn't really released, I'd say to stir up hype etc for the full public release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Leaflet shows Ham slices on special this week - seems to be replaced by Hunky Dorys on the app.

Advertisement