Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Went down today to get my free pack of chocolate chip cookies but they were sold out!

Oh well got Hunky Dory's, colgate white, and pains au chocolat reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

mac.in wrote: »
    logged off for me too. Had to re-login again through sms-text verification.

How do you mean you had to log in through SMS? How do you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Login using mobile phone and it texts you a verification code.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mrcheez wrote: »
    How long do you have after you get a scratch card before it expires?

I used mine the very day I did my shop, and it showed a money-off voucher that is expiring today, but I hadn't planned on going to Lidl until Friday, so maybe I could have waited before scratching the card.

Just to follow up on this. I got my scratch card on Wed. It said it expired in 7 days which is next Wednesday.

Opened app tonight and says I have 3 days left as it's Sunday.

Scratched the card and won biscuits but I now have 6 days to claim rather than 3, so it seems the scratch card and winnings expire at a week each so you could in theory have 2 weeks to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

The Irish soda bread was very nice I thought.

• Advertisement

The Irish soda bread was very nice I thought.

Is it from the bakery ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

OmegaGene wrote: »
    yes

It is delicious indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

Login using mobile phone and it texts you a verification code.

I thought that was only for registering?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

I have the app on two phones, my personal one for me and my work one for my parents who don't have a smartphone. I had to log into the app on both phones today to get the Lidl card to appear so it must periodically log you out. I only had to re-enter my phone number and password to log back in. I didn't need to go through the text verification process again.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Just checked and all my offers from last week which I used up are available to me again. Pain au chocolate, coke, hunky dorys etc. Same account and never logged out etc.
    Might be worth checking out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭blade1

MB05 wrote: »
    I have the app on two phones, my personal one for me and my work one for my parents who don't have a smartphone. I had to log into the app on both phones today to get the Lidl card appear so it must periodically log you out. I only had to re-enter my phone number and password to log back in. I didn't need to go through the text verification process again.

Same here but I've only one phone.
    Was wondering as it never happened before.

A handy trick if you want double the deals is use a family members number to sign up and use the Stocard app to add their card to your own phone. Two QR codes then on one phone. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

A handy trick if you want double the deals is use a family members number to sign up and use the Stocard app to add their card to your own phone. Two QR codes then on one phone. Happy days.

But wouldn't you ( or they) need to go into the app periodically to activate the offers?

123654789 wrote: »
    But wouldn't you ( or they) need to go into the app periodically to activate the offers?

Yeah but you don't need their phone in the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Yeah. Once a week get them to open the app and activate all.

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Yeah. Once a week get them to open the app and activate all.
    I thought that but sometimes they change what is on offer and that deactivates it. Like they added a 2nd type of chorizo, added washing capsules to the toilet roll offer, and you had to go in to activate it again.
    I guess you'd just have to tell whoever has the 2nd phone to go in again though

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

I wonder if the recent Covid outbreaks in the meat factories here is the reason why the carved ham slices were not on the app even though they were advertised? When I was in there today I noticed all the usual Lidl branded ham like Glensallagh were missing and replaced with different brands. Cookstown was the main replacement. There was very little sliced chicken etc either.

I suppose if production at these plants is halted for any length of time it will have a knock on effect to the supply chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Apologies if previously posted but my app isn't saving digital receipts? Its applying the coupons in store so not sure what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

morgana wrote: »
    I wish you could highlight / annotate receipts like the ones where you bought something with a warranty

You can mark them as favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 23,416 ✭✭✭✭zell12

50c off next shop on scratchcard

• Advertisement

Malted milk biscuits in today's scratch card. I got no card for the previous shop even though there had been a 4 day gap. I thought there were specific cards for specific time periods but I wonder now does everyone work through the same scratch cards regardless of when you go in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

Malted milk biscuits in today's scratch card. I got no card for the previous shop even though there had been a 4 day gap. I thought there were specific cards for specific time periods but I wonder now does everyone work through the same scratch cards regardless of when you go in?

I think they're the same for everyone with a chance at a few other prizes.

My proof is going into Lidl and seeing piles of malted milk biscuits on the same shelf as the offers. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

The brown soda bread is so good!

Delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭golfball37

The app will not let me login. Keeps returning to login page after I have successfully input the details. It’s not firing the webpage associated and I have cookies etc enabled.

Anyone got any clue why? iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maybe uninstall and reinstall?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

They’ve added Pink Lady Apples with the grapes offer for this week (one or the other).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Read the Lidl App was the most downloaded App in Ireland over last few weeks before the Covid App came on board.
    Up to 10 days ago, there were over 440,000 downloads of the App.
    That's a lot of free biscuits, chocolate etc to give out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭golfball37

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Maybe uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks - tried that twice and same issue. I emailed the support a few days ago and awaiting response.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

golfball37 wrote: »
    Thanks - tried that twice and same issue. I emailed the support a few days ago and awaiting response.

I've the same issue but im android, Let me know how you get on please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    I've the same issue but im android, Let me know how you get on please

likewise im using Android too so it appears to be across the board, not a major thing as suich but a tad annoying.

Advertisement