Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Maybe it's the other Lidl app

I don't have that installed.
    I'm just intrigued at the moment lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

From next Thursday 3rd September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Peppers ✓
    Turkey steaks ✓
    Granola ✓
    Rapeseed oil ✓
    Icecream ✓

miYnjlc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Lidl really need to educate their staff on this app's uses- today I scanned my card (not redeeming any offers but for the receipt and the scratch & win) only to be asked to scan it again at the end of the encounter, at which point the lad took my phone in his hands to point out there are no activated coupons and there was no point scanning it...

A little common sense regarding hygiene in the current climate would go a long way, too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

OmegaGene wrote: »
    How can you allow someone just to take your phone though ? In this current climate you shouldn’t allow it ;)

Not a chance someone is taking my phone from me

Yep, a brief lapse of judgement and misplaced trust I suppose; I held it up in front of him, he grabbed it, took me by surprise. The hand sanitiser at the door came in handy yet again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gary Gurney

Anyone else finding it next to impossible to actually scan the vouchers when in store?

Especially the self service checkouts. My god I was there at least 5-10 mins trying to get it scanned today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Anyone else finding it next to impossible to actually scan the vouchers when in store?

Especially the self service checkouts. My god I was there at least 5-10 mins trying to get it scanned today.

No I think it's actually improved, back at the beginning it wasn't scanning the worker accessed a menu where I could input my mobile number instead and that worked fine.

On another note I bought the cookies activated the offer but never received the discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭amber2

I have a problem with one till in particular, works on all others but I now turn the background light up to full and it works on that till, may be worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I got my 50c off but got overcharged 70c for corn on the cob from the Super Savers veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Must say the pork chops that were 50% were absolutely horrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Didn't even know Lidl have self service

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Asus X540L wrote: »

Aw fwck really? Picked them up today, damn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Self service in Lidl?

Bought cookies yesterday for €1 and got 50c of our next shop so today I walked in and got ice cream with the app for 99c and 50c off so I got it for 49c lol

Yum yum raspberry ripple, I drag my boyfriend so I could get another tub ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

DopeTech wrote: »
    Self service in Lidl?

Parnell Street has mostly self service tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My Lidl doesnt have self service, I have only ever seen it in their Moore St branch where they have around 25 self scan checkouts. That Lidl must be the busiest Lidl in the entire country, it is always packed. Before they introduced the 25 odd self service checkouts they had 8 normal checkouts always open and even with that queus would snake down the aisles. The Lidl in Ranelagh is another one that is very busy and suffers from long queues even when all checkouts are open.

But yeah in my own Lidl you've to scan the QR code with the phone facing away from you so its a battle of wits to get it scanned because you're doing it blind. Then when it doesnt work you've got the Lidl pressure of the queue behind you, everyone knows theres no messing around in Lidl and Aldi. When scanning I've often had the staff member say up a bit, down a bit, nearly there and so on. If it wasnt for Covid Id be handing them the phone and asking them to do it because at least they can see the QR code and the red line trying to scan it.
    From next Thursday 3rd September.

hmmmm 50% off turkey steaks and half priced mixed peppers....Ive never cooked turkey fajitas before but next week seems like a good opportunity to try it out for the first time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

No I think it's actually improved, back at the beginning it wasn't scanning the worker accessed a menu where I could input my mobile number instead and that worked fine.

On another note I bought the cookies activated the offer but never received the discount

Same here on the cookies , got charged triple choc cookies price , I made sure I lifted double choc from the bakery section , looks like the cashier made the error manually keying in what cookies they were .
    I’ve emailed them to point it out , 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I feel sorry for older shoppers with no app phones, they could provide them a card

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MB05

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for older shoppers with no app phones, they could provide them a card

I agree they should provide a key fob or card for those that don't have smart phones.

In the first few weeks I was sharing my vouchers with my parents. Obviously there were vouchers both my parents and I would use but when they weren't in the leaflet they wouldn't know they were missing out. I would just ask them if they wanted teabags etc. Once they started printing the offers in the leaflet my parents started asking about it. They could see all the things they were missing out on. I saw others questioning the security guard and staff in the shop about the €5 off €25 they were talking about on the tv and where could they get the voucher etc.

Luckily I was given a mobile phone for work recently so I loaded the app on that and use this one for my parents now. I printed out a copy of the lidl card to make a homemade card and gave it to my dad. Now I activate the vouchers each week on the phone, tell them what is on offer and my dad scans it at the till. Seems to be working out but I have been with them the two times they have used it so far just in case they had issues with it. It's a bit of a pain having to tell them what is on offer because of the last minute substitutions or unadvertised additions but at least they are not missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

MB05 wrote: »
    I agree they should provide a key fob or card for those that don't have smart phones. e

My dad made this very same point to me the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Asus X540L wrote: »

As were the chicken burgers last time out. The dog got them and the app has been uninstalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

the phone scanner at the till works perfectly if you keep the phone facing the little bullseye under the laser scanner ( laser beam head could be slightly tilted down from factory design ? )

- to avoid app crash/no internet situation - make a screen shot of the QR code and save it as a picture on the phone
    -the app gives consumers same discounts as before, with the added bonus of digital receipts and online leaflets ( reducing printed versions, saving trees, etc ) and gives Lidl big data to analyse further and improve bottom line.

as for the folks complaining of the quality of the raw meat : cooking books sales are up for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Fann Linn wrote: »
    As were the chicken burgers last time out. The dog got them and the app has been uninstalled.

drastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

go4it wrote: »
    ( reducing printed versions, saving trees, etc ) and gives Lidl big data to analyse further and improve bottom line.

as for the folks complaining of the quality of the raw meat : cooking books sales are up for a reason
    Good thing they use all that extra paper to make straws then.
    Fann Linn wrote: »

Why not just get the things you know you'll like instead? Uninstalling means you miss every offer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

go4it wrote: »
    the phone scanner at the till works perfectly if you keep the phone facing the little bullseye under the laser scanner ( laser beam head could be slightly tilted down from factory design ? )

- to avoid app crash/no internet situation - make a screen shot of the QR code and save it as a picture on the phone
    -the app gives consumers same discounts as before, with the added bonus of digital receipts and online leaflets ( reducing printed versions, saving trees, etc ) and gives Lidl big data to analyse further and improve bottom line.

Who eats raw meat :)

I don't but meat in shops any more. Raise my own chicken and get whole organic beef and lamb for the freezer. Went shopping yesterday and I didn't even have to buy veg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

You prob bought the triple choc ones by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 23,733 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Fruit&Nut pot on the scratchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Anyone else noted Coca Cola Zero duo pack is being charged at full rate? Supposed to be reduced VAT as per price shown.

See attached screenshot

20200831-190901.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was in earlier and got 50c off the next shop on the scratch card upon exit. Only got the rubbish bags and the pork chops from the offers.

The app must be getting more popular as I noticed about five or six people across the store with their heads buried in their phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

Anyone else noted Coca Cola Zero duo pack is being charged at full rate? Supposed to be reduced VAT as per price shown.

See attached screenshot

20200831-190901.jpg

Doesn't the VAT reduction begin 1 Sep? Under law, as opposed to Lidls price promotion in August where they lowered prices before the VAT changed.

Advertisement