Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joejoe234654

I got the app today but when I try to activate the coupons I get a message saying "error deactivating coupon". Has anyone had this happen?

Same error, I contacted Lidl support, they got it, so I could activate the coupon,
    But when I went to the till, It didn't work, manager came, all had a look, but no idea.
    Gave up.
    I felt sorry for the poor guy just trying to buy milk behind me.

I think it's that the App thinks I'm not in Ireland, to even get the App, I needed to

Yeah next weeks offers are crap from that app I just want cheaper sweets, ice cream & cakes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I was just thinking that this weeks offers are OK, I didn't use a single one from last week. You win some and lose some I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Hope Aldi don't develop a similar app. Was in buying milk and a donut in Lidl this morning and was about 5 mins waiting for the 3 people in front of me to fiddle around with this app, all for 50c off or whatever. Thought the whole point of discounters was to get you in and get you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

With regards to the scratch-card, do you now have to shop twice in a 72 hour period? I shopped this morning (one shop) but received no scratch-card after...I'm just wondering if the terms of the scratch-card offer has changed in recent days..

I wonder as an effort to work within the new terms you could split your shop and scan the app twice, maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

With regards to the scratch-card, do you now have to shop twice in a 72 hour period? I shopped this morning (one shop) but received no scratch-card after...I'm just wondering if the terms of the scratch-card offer has changed in recent days..

I wonder as an effort to work within the new terms you could split your shop and scan the app twice, maybe

You need to shop one time in a Lidl, then 72.00001 hours later shop again in any Lidl to get two scratch cards.

OH still didn't get the scratch card from a day or two ago, not complaining yet as another poster did for us and support told them it can take a while, which I experienced a week ago when it tools couple of hours to show up in her app.

Honestly I just want gomo to fix my phone so I can get the SMS code to have my own account...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

florawest wrote: »
    Hi thanks, multiples of 72 hours have passed and nothing 😂and my son bought tv on Mon morning on his app and just checked with him there no scratch card either, he won't be emailing them 😂but I might ring tomorrow if nothing appears in morning.

Very strange. Deffo give them a call id say

LillySV wrote: »
    It’s giving very little now....I did a good bit of shopping over the last week or so and got 50 c off, nothing more. wife bought very little on one occasion and got the same... won’t be making that mistake next week ....for the same money I spent I get a lot more vouchers from dunnes

Really? I find it brilliant offers, especially handy when buying garden stuff to have receipt on my phone and I'm addicted to those scratches too

redlead wrote: »
    Only noticed this thread now so downloaded the app. I'm kind of shocked over how poor this is considering that it's only launched recently. There is only like five things with coupons and mostly on branded products which people don't generally buy in Lidl anyway. On top of that, it won't even let me claim the five euro. It just says "error trying to deactivate coupon" when I try to activate. It's still a great value supermarket compared to the others but what's the point in launching something that's so half arsed?

This happened my mum and customer service sorted it straight away so just ring them. They gave my mum extra vouchers too so was worth the hassle of ringing them

Yeah next weeks offers are crap from that app I just want cheaper sweets, ice cream & cakes lol

funny cos everyone on this thread giving out last week that there was too much junk ha

• Advertisement

Just shop as normal but ull get scratch if there is 72 hours or more between your shops. If you didn't get one today there might be an issue as a few ppl on this thread saying they didn't get one so ring them id say they'll sort u out I've had to ring them a few times and they were v helpful

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You need to shop one time in a Lidl, then 72.00001 hours later shop again in any Lidl to get two scratch cards.

OH still didn't get the scratch card from a day or two ago, not complaining yet as another poster did for us and support told them it can take a while, which I experienced a week ago when it tools couple of hours to show up in her app.

Honestly I just want gomo to fix my phone so I can get the SMS code to have my own account...

Did you contact GoMo directly to make sure they don't have the messages blocked? That was issue with my bfs one eir had premium messages blocked.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

/\/ollog wrote: »

Do you have premium SMS barred? I know it's not a premium SMS but the code wouldn't deliver to my Vodafone SIM until I unbarred premium SMS. I rebarred them again after I received the code.

Those of you not getting scratch cards, did you make sure to verify your email addresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just a heads up for others, I was in Lidl last night, I didnt want any of the app offers so I didnt activate any. But I did want the scratchcard but upon opening the app the QR code wasnt to be found anywhere. Got home and thought that the QR code might only show up if you have at least one of the offers activated. But just checked the app now and what actually happened is that it somehow logged itself out and needed logging in again for the QR code to be visible.

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    funny cos everyone on this thread giving out last week that there was too much junk ha

It wasn’t me complaining anyway ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Got a scratch card first time I used the app, then next 2 shops nothing

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just a heads up for others, I was in Lidl last night, I didnt want any of the app offers so I didnt activate any. But I did want the scratchcard but upon opening the app the QR code wasnt to be found anywhere. Got home and thought that the QR code might only show up if you have at least one of the offers activated. But just checked the app now and what actually happened is that it somehow logged itself out and needed logging in again for the QR code to be visible.
    Always handy to have a screenshot of the QR code so even if the app is out of action for some reason, you can still scan it at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,414 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Got no scratchcard yesterday after 72h, got one today after circa 90h though
    Lidl Tower Gate udderly groovy malted milk biscuits 200g

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

mary_a2020 wrote: »
    Did you contact GoMo directly to make sure they don't have the messages blocked? That was issue with my bfs one eir had premium messages blocked.

Yeah and i contacted Lidl too, they use a Spanish company to send the text messages so i forwarded that (no reply of course) to gomo so they could have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Malted Milk Biscuits on new scratch card - 49c worth

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Muahahaha wrote: »

logged off for me too. Had to re-login again through sms-text verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Stupid question maybe, but is there any benefit apart from a digital receipt to scan the app at the till if you are not buying any of the offers and have no vouchers and only go once a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Stupid question maybe, but is there any benefit apart from a digital receipt to scan the app at the till if you are not buying any of the offers and have no vouchers and only go once a week?

You get a scratch card every 72 hours or in your case every week, giving you something free or money off, other than that no benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

10th August - shopped in Lidl, received ScratchCard.
    12th August - shopped in Lidl, used the SC from 10th. Didn't get another SC but that's ok as it was within the 72 hours and I wasn't expecting one.
    14th August - shopped in Lidl, no SC, but there should be one, it was over 96 hours since I got the one on the 10th...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

I wish you could highlight / annotate receipts like the ones where you bought something with a warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lucan123

morgana wrote: »
    I wish you could highlight / annotate receipts like the ones where you bought something with a warranty

On android you can star an individual receipt (the star is in the top right) although it is hard to spot the stared receipts in the list. Beside the star if you click the 3 dots you can download the receipt (as a jpg on your phone) or better still share it and store it in an email or google drive where you can add comments to search for your receipt for your canoe/chainsaw/robot vacuum cleaner later

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Robot chainsaw canoe you say.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Quackster wrote: »
    Always handy to have a screenshot of the QR code so even if the app is out of action for some reason, you can still scan it at the checkout.

good idea, I have sorted that now. I have no ideas how the app logged itself out in the first place. Maybe it happened when I cleared the phones cache or something. Was in the queue furiously looking for the QR code in the app but it wasnt there because I had been logged out.

AFAIK you still get (or should get) a scratchcard even if you dont buy any of the offers. You could get the scratchcard, scratch it and go back around again to get whatever the offer is on it. Thats provided it shows up immediately on your phone, it has for me in the past but some other posters reported it took an hour or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Lucan123 wrote: »
    On android you can star an individual receipt (the star is in the top right) although it is hard to spot the stared receipts in the list. Beside the star if you click the 3 dots you can download the receipt (as a jpg on your phone) or better still share it and store it in an email or google drive where you can add comments to search for your receipt for your canoe/chainsaw/robot vacuum cleaner later

I suspect they'll have a screen with just the fav'd receipts in a future update.

Advertisement