Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mary_a2020

Kmcg46 wrote: »
    I can't download this app on the Eir network, waiting 4 days for the activation code, anybody having the same problem ? TIA

Yes I had same problem. Spoke to lovely guy in Lidl CC and he explained that it's our network which was blocking the messages. So i rang Vodafone, told them to allow premium messages and the text came through after a few mins. Turns out it's nothing to do with Lidl Plus!!!! I was so frustrated but it worked out ok the guy in lidl was so sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

Kmcg46 wrote: »
    I can't download this app on the Eir network, waiting 4 days for the activation code, anybody having the same problem ? TIA

I'm on the eir network and I had no issue with it. I signed up about 3 weeks ago though so maybe it's a recent issue. My brother, sister and friend all signed up without issue as well. Two are on the eir network and one on Gomo (rebranded eir network).

We are all based in Dublin if that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

be careful of the premium text messages if you use Gomo, I was charged a lot extra on my bill at the end of the month, I had to ask them to block premium messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I had them blocked when I got the Lidl app and it's working fine I'm just saying be careful you aren't charged for premium texts, both myself and my daughter were stung twice until I finally got Gomo to sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi
    Just wanted to ask so if I get the pizza and olive oil does the app scan both or do they need to be scanned separately thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Just make sure they're activated in Treats and the only scanning you'll have to do is your loyalty card once, the one scan covers everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Yoyr a star so iv just to activate the items and one tap? At the cash thanks so much ��

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Is it just me or does there seem to be an awful lot of junk food on the app deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

bewhiched wrote: »
    Yoyr a star so iv just to activate the items and one tap? At the cash thanks so much ��
    No problem

Also going by posts here it's a good idea to screenshot your card QR code so you can scan that if reception is bad in your store

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Anyone else having the problem when they click the floating LIDL PLUS CARD in blue the app crashes ? When you click that is there a picture of a scan card meant to pop up?

EDIT for anyone having this fault I uninstalled then reinstalled the app, works perfect now. I actually downloaded the app while outside on mobile network, possibly downloaded wrong. reinstalled with home strong wifi :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the country loaf?
    Just wondering if it's worth heading in for it in the morning.. Thanks
    Yeah, it's quite nice. Maybe could do with a little more salt, or maybe that's just me. They seem to be slicing some of them.

Muahahaha wrote: »

Will be getting the chorizo ring anyway. Made a recipe for pea and chorizo soup a while back. Had never had it before but I make it regularly now as it is delicious, theres lovely bacon flavors from the soup. The trick is to dry fry the chopped up chorizo in the pot for a few minutes so it releases all its flavoursome oils into the soup

Give it a try, this yields four decent sized bowls of soup and it freezes very well too

200g ring of chorizo
    800g frozen peas
    1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock

Then blend it though not too much, its good to have some little lumps of chorizo running through it for texture

Here's another handy chorizo based recipe. Got it from my niece who did the Ballymaloe cookery school thing and I've modified it a little. It doesn't sound like much but it's lick the bowl tasty, maybe with some nice bread to wipe up any liquid.

(original ingredients list based on ALDI but I'm sure LIDL have equivalents)
    2 packs of chorizo sausage, mild or hotter one - your choice. Chop it up into maybe €2 coin size bits - not too thin or they will disintegrate and turn into sorta soup.
    170gm pack of pancetta (ALDIs came as 2 x 85gm pack) - or use chopped up unsmoked rasher, or lardons)
    3 cans of chopped tomatoes (or can use plum tomatoes if slow-cooking)
    1 onion chopped (or in my case whizzed into mush cos I hate the texture)
    Capful of vinegar (wine vinegar, I suppose, is best)
    Handful of small or microwave potatoes
    tin of chickpeas (they are already cooked so you are really just heating them)

OK - with a little oil, brown the onions, pancetta and chorizo separately so they don't just stew. As the other guy pointed out, browning the chorizo brings out the flavour.
    I use a big saucepan instead of a frying pan so there's less spattering.
    Then put them all together in the pan. Add the tomato and let it simmer for 1 to 3 hours.
    (I sometimes do this bit in a slow cooker- timing isn't critical. If so I might chop up bigger spuds to use as they'll cook fine if that long in the slow cooker. Also if you use plum tomatoes in a slow cooker it breaks up nicely and can be sweeter than chopped ones)
    Give it the odd stir. Somewhere along the way add the vinegar and a sprinkling of sugar. Oh and a dash of Worchester Sauce.
    About 15/30 minutes before the end drain and rinse the chickpeas and add to the pan.

Serve on plates or even better in big bowls, maybe with some Greek yoghurt as a side. And some nice bread to dip or to soak up at the end.

(this recipe turned me on to chickpeas - they are great for adding to lots of dishes)

Ballymaloe cook the spuds separately and serve them with the rest - I prefer to cook them in it and absorb the flavour.

If you have any left over it keeps well and makes a nice lunch heated up in the microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

thanks dowcthaboy, sounds delish
    Suzyq wrote: »
    Is it just me or does there seem to be an awful lot of junk food on the app deals?

almost half of them, 4 out of 9 offers are junk food- 2ltr Club orange, chocolate bar, bakery croissant and ice cream. And then you can get a free chocolate bar on the scratch card. Its like Lidl are fattening us up for Christmas :D

But I agree, feel it would be better if there wasnt so much junk food and the offers had more things that you would be buying anyway. Its still pretty decent though, its always nice to get money off things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got another 2 eur off scratch card..much better than chocolates !

casio4 wrote: »
    be careful of the premium text messages if you use Gomo, I was charged a lot extra on my bill at the end of the month, I had to ask them to block premium messages.

GoMo told me there wouldn't be a charge for this as did Vodafone

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wanted to ask so if I get the pizza and olive oil does the app scan both or do they need to be scanned separately thanks

Just activate both then when you get to the till just scan your lidl plus card at the till and it'll discount whatever you've activated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I got a notification this morning that there was new offers but it's still the same ones that expire in two days....chicken fillets, olive oil etc. Anyone get new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

A new leaflet appeared in the leaflet section. The offers are in there but they aren't active yet.

Id guess they will appear on the app in the next day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What day are they active, is it Thursday onwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Used the scratch card option and won Milk chocolate worth 69 cents.
    Won 2€ coupon yesterday.
    Happy days.

• Advertisement

PopTarts wrote: »
    2 Ply :(

'Tis far from 2 ply I was reared.
    Home was Bronco - shiny on one side, matte/slightly roungher on the other.
    Here's the Civil Service version:

https://twitter.com/KeeperNH/status/1287818881667674113/photo/1

And at school it was the SINGLE sheets of Jeyes or Bronco brand - again shiny one side, rougher the other. Locked into the dispenser lest you might take it home.

https://picclick.co.uk/JEYES-Toilet-Paper-Dispenser-Reclaimed-1930s-Ceramic-Reg-323969492058.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

FanadMan wrote: »
    I got a notification this morning that there was new offers but it's still the same ones that expire in two days....chicken fillets, olive oil etc. Anyone get new ones?

Got notification today aswell about new offers but likewise when i went it still the old ones there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

123654789 wrote: »
    Also going by posts here it's a good idea to screenshot your card QR code so you can scan that if reception is bad in your store
    I did a little experiment just now, turned off Wi-Fi and 4G and started up the app. It gives you an error message all right, and you can't do anything with offers etc., but you can still click on the button to display the QR code OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i cant get this to work - have an activated coupon but nothing comes up in store. also none of my receipts are coming through. Anyone seen the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Scrunch

i cant get this to work - have an activated coupon but nothing comes up in store. also none of my receipts are coming through. Anyone seen the same?

Sounds like the pre-launch version is running. Remove the app and reinstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Took a screenshot of the QR code, printed it onto a key fob (like other stores). Handier. Just activate all offers in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Definitely feel like this app is working out for Lidl. Doing our normal shop as usual but with the items mainly being junk food so far, we're buying these things because they're on special, not because they're normally on our list. It's making me spend more money but lets be real... I'm happy cause I'm going to have cheap cookie dough ice cream next week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Took a screenshot of the QR code, printed it onto a key fob (like other stores). Handier. Just activate all offers in advance.

Thats a really good idea tbh

I got an alert yesterday Monday that there were new offers but nothing has appeared. I still have one offer that I don't want from last time that will not expire until tomorrow (Wednesday) - is it possible I won't see the new offers until the last of the old ones expire?

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled - was a bit worried it would lose all data but once I identified my preferred store, it brought me to the sign-in page,I keyed in my phone number and my phone remembered the password and away we went - all my data is there. But it still doesn't show any new offers.

Last shop was Thursday 30th. I got the scratch card immediately and as I was bored I went back in and redeemed it (€2) against a €2.99 wrench!

Since then nothing - no more scratch card, no new offers. Did get the new leaflet.

Teething troubles?
    Just be patient?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    I got an alert yesterday Monday that there were new offers but nothing has appeared. I still have one offer that I don't want from last time that will not expire until tomorrow (Wednesday) - is it possible I won't see the new offers until the last of the old ones expire?

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled - was a bit worried it would lose all data but once I identified my preferred store, it brought me to the sign-in page,I keyed in my phone number and my phone remembered the password and away we went - all my data is there. But it still doesn't show any new offers.

Last shop was Thursday 30th. I got the scratch card immediately and as I was bored I went back in and redeemed it (€2) against a €2.99 wrench!

Since then nothing - no more scratch card, no new offers. Did get the new leaflet.

Teething troubles?
    Just be patient?

You only get the scratch cards for shopping there so if you haven't shopped there since Thursday, you won't get one.

Advertisement