Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The impeachment will pass because the house will vote for it.

Edit: seems there was a ninja edit. I think it may not pass but it may get very close.

yeah, semantics on my part. the impeachment will "pass" but i don't think the senate will convict or whatever the term is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Certainly has more chance to pass alright, bi-partisan impeachment.

I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The republican speakers are getting worked up.

Oh so it’s the fact the the BLM protesters weren’t held to account is the reason the gob****es attacked the capitol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Gaetz, Gohmert, Jordan just some of the prime utter deplorables of the US GOP rep's. They bring shame on the founding fathers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Some of these Republicans really need to have a word with themselves, constantly invoking the previous impeachment. What does that have to do with Trump's armed insurrection last week? They're like beached whales, flailing around for anything at all that can justify them voting to support Trump again. Total disgraces to their office.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Good Lord it's just one tool after another on the GOP side. Gaetz, Jordan, Biggs, Buck, Gohmert. Rent-a-gobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

marno21 wrote: »
    Good Lord it's just one tool after another on the GOP side. Gaetz, Jordan, Biggs, Buck, Gohmert. Rent-a-gobs.

Gaetz just flat out lied there.

Gaetz just flat out lied there.

Oh I missed gaetz talking. Thank ****i missed that head the ball.

Interesting words from McCarthy!

Nevermind usual dribble arrived.

• Advertisement

Oh Kevin McCarthy is breaking from the other lads like Jordan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,204 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Watching the GOP speakers constantly fiddling with their masks. Not used to wearing them, but now obliged to do so.

Incredible to watch McCarthy talking about the mobs last week with Lauren Boebert in shot immediately behind him when she visited congress before with a crowd of people, many who were photographed, with her on the steps outside with some of them making a supposed white power sign and with at least some of them having already been charged with having been involved at the Capitol last week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Oh Kevin McCarthy is breaking from the other lads like Jordan.

Only in style, not in substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

McCarthy saying that Trump bears responsibility but still won't impeach him.

It's worth putting in perspective, GOP went hell for leather to convict Clinton for a BJ but Capitol insurrection is different...

Jack1985 wrote: »
    It's worth putting in perspective, GOP went hell for leather to convict Clinton for a BJ but Capitol insurrection is different...

Exactly! Republicans taking about the election of 1800 and the first Trump impeachment. A Democrat should point out they wanted to impeach Clinton, not because of what he had done, but because of the lack of the respect for the office.

Here we are watching them say that Trump is responsible for last week, but shouldn't be impeached.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,138 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I wonder if the Colorado GOP rep lady was packing or not when she blathered about how it's the Democrats fault. Maxine Waters speaking firmly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Kevin McCarthy saying we should resolve disputes at the ballot box one week after he leads House Republicans to overturn the results of an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,138 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

GOP Rep Newhouse will vote to impeach

• Advertisement

Rep Newhouse the first Republican to speak in favour of impeachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    They probably could and ironically (poetically?) , the charge would be Attempted Election Fraud

It's as ridiculous as "Attempted Chemistry".

Rep Newhouse the first Republican to speak in favour of impeachment.

Is that one of the five already known ?

Is that one of the five already known ?

No, he is a 6th.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    No, he is a 6th.

The Liz Cheney announcement seem to have given the rest some cover if they need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

He may have an old MySpace account...

Even Tom has probably unfriended him by now.

The republican speakers are getting worked up.

All of those who don't want to impeach are just engaging in insane amounts of whataboutery.

Nadler yielded Democratic time to Rep. Jaime Herrera Buetler (R) from Washington who spoke in favour of impeachment. She showed her hand before the speeches began though.

Rep Greene, the QAnon representative, just gave her speech on the floor of the House of Representatives, broadcast live on CNN, while wearing a facemask saying "censored".

Not sure it gets more hypocritical than that.

• Advertisement

I missed the question that Rep. Mast asked.and.then went silent waiting on some answer. Snyone got an idea?

How long is left?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement