Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I might have to sell CR7s tots card. I can't justify the 4million considering Dembele and Ribery are better than him. I hate in this game that if a player doesn't have a 5*WF he's basically useless.

So Ronaldo TotS is now 'basically useless'. Wash your mouth out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

So this is where I'm currently at around a month in:

b6b23976c8d2d27e65688372cae1cef5.png

I'll try Sancho out (packed him in the 5 x 88 this morning) but I've got Kubo for RM anyway.

I might try and do the Mendy objectives now. He'd be a big upgrade but apart from that realistically I don't think I could improve a whole lot on it.

I've rinsed through my club with the SBC's and did a lot of wheeling and dealing so have very little left, so I feel that's me just about done and dusted tinkering with the team and I'll put my full focus on improving my online play now with a view to getting off to a quick start for FIFA 21.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Liamalone wrote: »
    So Ronaldo TotS is now 'basically useless'. Wash your mouth out lol

I know haha can't believe I'm saying it...

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Bronze packing on Steroids. Might give it a whirl :pac:

Just gave it a try I made 36k in 2 hours opening 5k packs, most times you break even or make a small loss/gain and every few packs you hit a shadow/hunter or low rated inform.
    The best card I hit was cavanni, 1 tip is to stay away from the 7.5k packs I made a loss on every one of them I opened

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Bizarrely ea added a daily sbc, bundesliga challenge, costs 45k to complete cos of the 85 chem, you get 2 x 83+ players.

The 2x84+ Repeatable sbc costs 24k from scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Jesus that RTTF Lloris card I packed is absolutely insane!

He’s bailing me out game after game in Rivals! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Bizarrely ea added a daily sbc, bundesliga challenge, costs 45k to complete cos of the 85 chem, you get 2 x 83+ players.

The 2x84+ Repeatable sbc costs 24k from scratch.

Got 86 Zapata TOTW from that one, would have been ok apart from fact I got him in a 85-92 pack 2 openings before

So far done 4 82-92 packs today and other than Zapata also got Iago Aspas (Ultimate Scream) and 85 Tadic (TOTYN) which is the third time I’ve got him in last few days and FUT Birthday Havertz so given he’s got the 5*WF can put his POTM card into something else

Did the 88 5+ guarantee and ended up with

91 Modric (TOTYN)
    90 Ilicic (TOTW Moments)
    90 Martinelli (Future Stars)
    89 Hudson-Odoi (Future Stars)
    88 Bernado Silva (TOTYN)

Not brilliant as already have Modric’s Flashback care. Ilicic is up against Ronaldo, Ibra, Dybala, Imobile, and Zapata so not much use to me.

Martinelli and Hudson-Odio might be useful as LM isn’t a strength in my Prem team and Silva’s main use will be providing links to Ronaldo

Will probably do a fair few more of these 85-92 packs - more fun than playing the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

That 95 Vinicius Jr card though......two 85 squads is actually cheap when you compare it to Dembele and could be lots of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Duplicate FFS Tielemans from the Bundesliga daily sbc.. threw him into Dembele and that’s one part complete. Played my first game of rivals since last Thursday... first fella has Ribery, Dembele, HL Neymar. Thought Ribery wasn’t anything special, but Dembele. Man, at times he’s unmarkable.

Neymar being Neymar, so might see if I can get his TOTS.. it’s dropping already, so might be able to if it keeps going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Duplicate FFS Tielemans from the Bundesliga daily sbc.. threw him into Dembele and that’s one part complete. Played my first game of rivals since last Thursday... first fella has Ribery, Dembele, HL Neymar. Thought Ribery wasn’t anything special, but Dembele. Man, at times he’s unmarkable.

Neymar being Neymar, so might see if I can get his TOTS.. it’s dropping already, so might be able to if it keeps going down.

I came against a guy with Dembele as CAM and he was just waltzing through my team.
    Looks amazing and his shooting was excellent.
    Very tempted to throw in Fernandes etc as he seems to have gone off the boil.
    Prime Kaka is actually performing way better at CAM for me than Fernandes is.
    I find Kaka controls a game and drives your strikers on etc but Fernandes I find is very much the opposite. Great at scoring goals etc and delivering the passes but due to his height cannot hold off players and deliver that killer pass for your other players to score which Kaka can do,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Yeah got to play 3 games with dembele and he’s something else! Had his rttf earlier in fifa for ages and forget how enjoyable he is to use.

7 goals and 3 assists in 3 games in rivals (although one opponent was chronic)

I always take short corners and first one with dembele I got him to the edge of the box (the angle), took a finesse shot, off the upright, second time it arrows into the top corner!

Finally managed to complete Mendy last night - thanks to Hoey for the Ben Yedder tip - two finesse goals from him did the trick in the end.

Also managed to get storyline Matuidi done and collected enough players to finish Vinicius Jnr as well.....now to get back to those 85-92 packs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

cintec wrote: »
    Just gave it a try I made 36k in 2 hours opening 5k packs, most times you break even or make a small loss/gain and every few packs you hit a shadow/hunter or low rated inform.
    The best card I hit was cavanni, 1 tip is to stay away from the 7.5k packs I made a loss on every one of them I opened

doing the 7.5 packs made about 180k so far since yesterday. you can go on a losing streak but more likely to pack a big card if opening lots. lost a bundle on the mega packs tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

85-92 packs are superb . Rewards get a bit funny after a while, I got a lot of centre backs but I'm so close to another icon SBC . One or two more of the 85-92. For once, something the player with not much in their club can improve it easily. My team has transformed.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    85-92 packs are superb . Rewards get a bit funny after a while, I got a lot of centre backs but I'm so close to another icon SBC . One or two more of the 85-92. For once, something the player with not much in their club can improve it easily. My team has transformed.

Ian Wright :(

Spent about 100k on 5k packs. Came out about even if I'd sold the stuff I didn't already have. Only got 2 special cards and 1 board.

Sold Ronaldo and bought SS Ronaldo, lets see how that left foot works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Spent about 100k on 5k packs. Came out about even if I'd sold the stuff I didn't already have. Only got 2 special cards and 1 board.

Sold Ronaldo and bought SS Ronaldo, lets see how that left foot works out.

I did the same but made 50k profit, I got a shadow, hunter and 3 discard informs but every player I packed sold for 950 or more and I checked every one on futbin.

I found it very time consuming.

The special search feature has been added to the game but not enabled yet, there was a 4.5gb update this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Blazer wrote: »
    I came against a guy with Dembele as CAM and he was just waltzing through my team.
    Looks amazing and his shooting was excellent.
    Very tempted to throw in Fernandes etc as he seems to have gone off the boil.
    Prime Kaka is actually performing way better at CAM for me than Fernandes is.
    I find Kaka controls a game and drives your strikers on etc but Fernandes I find is very much the opposite. Great at scoring goals etc and delivering the passes but due to his height cannot hold off players and deliver that killer pass for your other players to score which Kaka can do,

Yeah I do wonder if EA buff new special cards so more people try to get them, then quietly debuff them to make way for the next “special” card

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Two games in a row now I've got DC'd when well ahead in injury time when I had a mendy assist. Massively frustrating, objective is enough of a grind as it is.

• Advertisement

I wonder does it just get made harder when you need objectives. I wasn't even bothered by the pope one but I realised I was one English goal with a win away this morning. I've lost 5 rivals games in a row by one goal after dominating. I've now realised I can do it in squad battles so I'm off to finish it but you'd nearly smash the controller. Balls off posts, arms and legs but just wouldn't hit the net.

I wonder does it just get made harder when you need objectives. I wasn't even bothered by the pope one but I realised I was one English goal with a win away this morning. I've lost 5 rivals games in a row by one goal after dominating. I've now realised I can do it in squad battles so I'm off to finish it but you'd nearly smash the controller. Balls off posts, arms and legs but just wouldn't hit the net.

If it gives you the option to complete objectives via Squad Battles, I always take it rather than doing it in Rivals. It takes a bit longer but at least you get to finish games and you can just cycle through and find the weakest opponents

Boulders8 wrote: »
    If it gives you the option to complete objectives via Squad Battles, I always take it rather than doing it in Rivals. It takes a bit longer but at least you get to finish games and you can just cycle through and find the weakest opponents

Yep I didn't realise it. It was unreal though, I've never had it like that before. Was very strange but these things happen I suppose 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just realised there that this morning when doing the silver upgrades, I rinsed my silvers into the one that gave 3 common golds instead of the one that gives 4 :pac: created about 14 packs from all my untradeable silvers too ffs.

Yep I didn't realise it. It was unreal though, I've never had it like that before. Was very strange but these things happen I suppose 🀣

Probably seems harder as you’re trying for it rather than letting it happen naturally. I find that sometimes especially with ones like when you need a defender assist and half the time I got it without realising. Was finishing the Mendy one last night and trying long shots with Ben Yedder all over the shop and luckily two went in

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

R00ster wrote: »
    Two games in a row now I've got DC'd when well ahead in injury time when I had a mendy assist. Massively frustrating, objective is enough of a grind as it is.

Make that three in a row...

The 88 Guarantee SBC is back and also Summer Heat voting SBC which guarantees an 86+

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Everyone better vote for Silva or I’ll kick ye’re asses :)

Boulders8 wrote: »
    The 88 Guarantee SBC is back and also Summer Heat voting SBC which guarantees an 86+

Probably have enough crap from the 85-92 to do it ha ha

• Advertisement

Poor return this time from the 88+. Neuer TOTW 90, Lloris 90(not sure on type of card) , Casemiro 88, busquets base, pique base...Lloris the only one I would probably use.

Advertisement