Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

God the rewards for fifa 21 are tragic! Kinda sets the tone for what kind of a year it’ll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This is actually so embarrassing for them

Screenshot-20200729-180714-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Oh and you can't even claim them until the game's already been out for a week

uMktKB3.png

Pack weight is horrendous if anyone has any saved, I wouldn’t bother, had 50 packs, opened 20 including a 100k pack, 5 50k packs, 5 45k packs and best I got was 82.

Was fully expecting them to just bombard us with specials.

This is genuinely just worse Summer Heat. Fewer special cards in packs, only 1 SBC player and no Objective players either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I had about 15 packs queued.... got TotW Lukaku 89 and Kimmich 85, nowt else. I thought they'd be loaded as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

I was quite hyped about this promo, Even grinded out the 25 rival wins for a 100k pack (Which ended up being an 82 !!!)

But Jesus what a letdown, 30 packs and the best was a Thiago Silva, and the less said about the “Rewards” for Fifa 21 the better

Prob the end for me after rewards tomorrow, so demotivating to grind for rewards only for EA to kick you in the nuts repeatedly...... with a steel toe boot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Having serious reservations about FIFA 21. This was my first time playing FUT since 14 and I'm not happy with all the time I've sunk into a game that is fundamentally broken. The gameplay is at a point where matches are decided based on "game flow," i.e. a coin flip, so you end up pouring time into a game where it doesn't even matter what you do half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Seems these cards are in packs for 40 odd days, so that’s gonna be it for the rest of 20.

Wonder why couldn’t they just give drop rates to us like last years festival of FUT. Guaranteed multiple special cards in 50k/100k packs and a special every 3 packs. Was a lot of fun seeing them all pop out of packs, even if majority were worthless.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Really, really curious how tonight pans out.

Want "Best versions of every card now available in packs".
    Expecting "Ultimate TOTS/TOTY with about 15 cards that are impossible to pack are in packs!"

Leaning way more towards the latter than the former.

51 specials isn't really enough to start churning through SBCs. So I kind of feel I'm done with the game. Might do one or two Icons but zero real motivation to play.

Leaning way more towards the latter than the former.

51 specials isn't really enough to start churning through SBCs. So I kind of feel I'm done with the game. Might do one or two Icons but zero real motivation to play.

Yeah I was looking forward to some SBC or objective to make me want to play the game again but we've reached a point where everyone is running the same team now no matter the division and it's all a bit meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Pack weight is horrendous if anyone has any saved, I wouldn’t bother, had 50 packs, opened 20 including a 100k pack, 5 50k packs, 5 45k packs and best I got was 82.

Was fully expecting them to just bombard us with specials.

I had 20 packs saved and got no special cards not even discard informs from totw.

cintec wrote: »
    I had 20 packs saved and got no special cards not even discard informs from totw.

It’s awful, this is usually the fun time where you pack special after special.

Same as giggsy said, can’t believe I grinded out 25 rivals wins to get a 82 rated player!
    The gameplay was mostly awful and the casuals are gone so rivals wins harder to come by but I was thinking “ah I’ll probably get 4 or 5 specials from completing this”

I also thought I’d be grinding through the league sbc’s but no point now, fifa 20 is pretty much over.
    The +3 on the rttf cards are mostly only going to help people with sbc’s.

I won’t be coming back for fifa21, I’ve been saying that for a few weeks and my fear was they’d drop some big game changer to make me change my mind, but nothing in the unveil.
    Then, thought they might entice people back with this pre-season promo, give you otw or rttf cards for fifa21 by completing objectives in fifa 20.

They could’ve easily added an objective for a lower rated rttf card, a Brandon Williams or Curtis Jones type player who’ll start low anyway, but no, you get 2 chem styles, 2500 coins and 2 jerseys.
    That’s shockingly poor and as I said earlier, I think it sets the tone for fifa 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

It’s awful, this is usually the fun time where you pack special after special.

Same as giggsy said, can’t believe I grinded out 25 rivals wins to get a 82 rated player!
    The gameplay was mostly awful and the casuals are gone so rivals wins harder to come by but I was thinking “ah I’ll probably get 4 or 5 specials from completing this”

I also thought I’d be grinding through the league sbc’s but no point now, fifa 20 is pretty much over.
    The +3 on the rttf cards are mostly only going to help people with sbc’s.

I won’t be coming back for fifa21, I’ve been saying that for a few weeks and my fear was they’d drop some big game changer to make me change my mind, but nothing in the unveil.
    Then, thought they might entice people back with this pre-season promo, give you otw or rttf cards for fifa21 by completing objectives in fifa 20.

They could’ve easily added an objective for a lower rated rttf card, a Brandon Williams or Curtis Jones type player who’ll start low anyway, but no, you get 2 chem styles, 2500 coins and 2 jerseys.
    That’s shockingly poor and as I said earlier, I think it sets the tone for fifa 21.

its definitely more than an underwhelming promo, but tbf i think everyone built up hype for it with pure speculation that was going around also kind of letting ourselves in for the let down. the pack is mad feels as if they have nerfed after what felt like a special card every second pack during summer heat :( .

does anyone know if there is a way to stop being booted back to menu and having to verify while flying through searches on the transfer market ?

I feel like a big problem with the "Best Of" stuff in packs is that in reality the best cards of FIFA 20 are the ones we just had, the Summer Heat cards. Who cares about cards from previous promos when the one we just had blows them all out of the water.

I feel like a big problem with the "Best Of" stuff in packs is that in reality the best cards of FIFA 20 are the ones we just had, the Summer Heat cards. Who cares about cards from previous promos when the one we just had blows them all out of the water.

If they’d all be in packs, they’d have been amazing fodder for SBCs, for the actual top tier cards. But nah, they really don’t want people having any sort of freedom :/

If they’d all be in packs, they’d have been amazing fodder for SBCs, for the actual top tier cards. But nah, they really don’t want people having any sort of freedom :/

Yeah, like we know that all but the top tier players from TOTS have been surpassed already by SH cards so it would’ve purely been for the buzz of the walkout rather than actually using the players.

Was holding off doing Lenglet & Ribery solely because I thought this promotion might have something better coming our way, but now I don’t even know if I’m arsed doing them because I might not even bother playing any matches since there’s no reason to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

G2 Red Picks:

Don't know why I bother, I probably won't play this weekend, find myself finding more difficult each day to want to play the game.

Pick 1:
    95 Thiago Silva (have untradeable)
    88 Petros
    83 Berella
    94 Kostic (have red pick)

Pick 2:
    91 Ledeiro
    94 Smalling
    86 William Carvalho
    90 Lloris

See someone on Reddit worked out if they bring back the 85-92 upgrade packs, there'll only be 9 players from the promo available to pack.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Yeah, like we know that all but the top tier players from TOTS have been surpassed already by SH cards so it would’ve purely been for the buzz of the walkout rather than actually using the players.

Was holding off doing Lenglet & Ribery solely because I thought this promotion might have something better coming our way, but now I don’t even know if I’m arsed doing them because I might not even bother playing any matches since there’s no reason to.

Yeah that was it for me too, most of the specials aren’t usable but you do get that buzz when you see the colour flare and then they’re good for sbc’s too.

Yeah same as, yesterday pretty much ended it for me too, I still have 2 million and about another 2 million in fodder, I’ve nothing to spend it on really so will probably do a few icon sbc’s even though they’re awful value.

I’m not sure how much I’ll bother playing games anymore so just bought rttf martial for 120k so I don’t have to bother keep going for the storyline martial.
    The rttf martial is going to be 91 rated as soon as united play 2nd leg as already 5 up and could go higher than the storyline one anyway.

I’d rather just spend the coins than keep doing the objectives. (If I do manage to get them I can just take Can anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

trash rewards although i did stop at 6-0 :D i think we can all agree to hope that the sudamericana and libertadores cards fck off and never come back also trash cards that are always at the front of packs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

How does the rival rewards system work exactly? I played a few games this morning and ranked up to the first level of rewards. But I know in a couple of days I'll be back to level 3 and it will take a grind to get back to level 1. Something I've always wondered!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Rubbish enough Gold 1 rewards. Duplicate Carvajal TotS 94 and TotS Opara 92 I took - both were streets ahead of the other players, they were all 88/89's. Two Jumbo Rare players packs also, an 83 in the first and an 84 in the second lol. Nothing then from Division Reward packs.

I threw together my first go at the Icon pack using Opara and other non playing staff. French flag, Trezeguet incoming....... negative, PIM Henry 95. Surely he's half decent lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

How does the rival rewards system work exactly? I played a few games this morning and ranked up to the first level of rewards. But I know in a couple of days I'll be back to level 3 and it will take a grind to get back to level 1. Something I've always wondered!

The levels are based on the averages over the week for all players, you are high in the rankings now because very few people have played the game. I think 20k+ would be required for rank 1 by the end of the week.

I’m not sure how much I’ll bother playing games anymore so just bought rttf martial for 120k so I don’t have to bother keep going for the storyline martial.
    The rttf martial is going to be 91 rated as soon as united play 2nd leg as already 5 up and could go higher than the storyline one anyway.

I’d rather just spend the coins than keep doing the objectives. (If I do manage to get them I can just take Can anyway)

Good shout actually. Would feel way less bad missing the storyline one that way. Going to grab him now in case I get tempted to play again.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Rubbish enough Gold 1 rewards. Duplicate Carvajal TotS 94 and TotS Opara 92 I took - both were streets ahead of the other players, they were all 88/89's. Two Jumbo Rare players packs also, an 83 in the first and an 84 in the second lol. Nothing then from Division Reward packs.

I threw together my first go at the Icon pack using Opara and other non playing staff. French flag, Trezeguet incoming....... negative, PIM Henry 95. Surely he's half decent lol.

Henry is a great pull from that, congrats. May fire through one myself later on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

cintec wrote: »
    The levels are based on the averages over the week for all players, you are high in the rankings now because very few people have played the game. I think 20k+ would be required for rank 1 by the end of the week.

That makes sense, thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

OMG, I had been monitoring him for a while and then the storyline player came out and I forgot to pick up a LW version.

He was going for 40k the other day!! Now he'll be 91+ in a few weeks. I better just get him.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    OMG, I had been monitoring him for a while and then the storyline player came out and I forgot to pick up a LW version.

He was going for 40k the other day!! Now he'll be 91+ in a few weeks. I better just get him.

Yeah I never thought of him as soon as they did they +3 and by time I remembered him this morning it was up a good bit.

Although on the upgrades, if it’s anything like the wait for walker and sterling we’ll be lucky if we see a martial upgrade by time fifa 21 is out :D

I genuinely think they’ve just forgot about the upgrade for 4 wins to headliners at this stage.

Also wondering if yesterday’s selection of 50 special cards or so was just a ploy and they’ll add loads more to the pool on Friday at 6?

Get people opening all their saved packs on Wednesday when unlikely they’ll pack any of the really good cards.
    Then drop loads of specials in Friday when no one has packs saved?
    It says those cards will be in packs for 40 days or whatever but doesn’t mean they can’t add more??

I just can’t see them letting the game die on such a whimper when they could milk it for a lot more and have everyone “happy with fifa” while trying to sell their new game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

90+ TOTSSF guarantee SBC up -82 squad with 30 chem non repeatable

82-88 upgrade and 81 + double upgrades also up - was hoping for the 85-92 one but better than nothing

Advertisement