Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Can't wait to hear the new buzzwords that mean nothing, "ultra-dynamic ball physics" or maybe a "quantum tackling"

Do you mean something like...

https://twitter.com/FUTDonk/status/1286315745895473154

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Love that, "informed by feedback from the community" as if the community hasn't been saying headers are broken since the beta, but instead of fixing them in a patch they just wait until you have to buy a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

More stadium designs and customisation this year too... maybe a build your own stadium?

Career mode seems to have gotten a massive revamp too

https://twitter.com/futdonk/status/1286318057208651778?s=21

Is there much of a difference in the different Van Dijk cards? I haven't used any of them this year and thinking of picking up one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Can't wait to hear the new buzzwords that mean nothing, "ultra-dynamic ball physics" or maybe a "quantum tackling"

Here you go, how do you like these

Agile dribbling
    Positional personality
    Rework of fundamentals (like passing)

https://twitter.com/tomcaleffi/status/1286319999812943873?s=21

• Advertisement

More nonsense buzzwords than a Gillette advertisement.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Here you go, how do you like these

Rework of fundamentals (like passing)

Are they not admitting the game is badly designed if they don't have the fundamentals correct.

cintec wrote: »
    Are they not admitting the game is badly designed if they don't have the fundamentals correct.

Haha yeah I was thinking the same.

Their selling point is, our game is crap and we’ve made it less crap by fixing the absolute basics you’d expect in the first place.

I’m actually quite relieved by the unveiling, I was worried there might be some big game changer to reel me back in.

As a united fan, cantona is a nice addition, but I said the same for keane, scholes, Giggs and ruud and none are really usable. (Or not to the extent they should be)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

It’ll all count for nothing though if they don’t fundamentally change FUT and introduce the same concepts into FUT mode instead of them always basically being career mode only.

I’m convinced much of the gameplay physics in FUT mode is decided solely based on the rating of the card in possession of the ball and/or receiving the ball. If your 76 rated CB anticipates the opponents change of direction, tough ****, his player is 99 Messi and here’s an outrageous player animation to mean you don’t get the ball, even if your opponent hasn’t pressed any button to do so. It’s happened to/for all of us a million times but it never gets any less frustrating.

If they tidied that **** up and had a true simulation mode where skill counted rather than gathering high rated cards the game would be legitimately great fun to work at, but I guess that would mean EA forfeiting millions from players who buy coins chasing their dream team.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    If they tidied that **** up and had a true simulation mode where skill counted rather than gathering high rated cards the game would be legitimately great fun to work at, but I guess that would mean EA forfeiting millions from players who buy coins chasing their dream team.

Like the good old days on FIFA 12 where you’d be able to use a full bronze/silver squad and still be able to compete. Used to love that and playing with random squads - personal favourite player being Dave Kitson. Absolute tank up top and easily identifiable by the bright ginger head.

• Advertisement

I don’t know what is up with this game tonight. I haven’t won a single game, can barely get a shot on goal let alone score. Every goal I concede is the exact same and I can’t defend it. I feel like putting my fist through a wall at times.

I just want to play fun games, I don’t care if I lose them.

77k for marquee matchups!!

They’ve lost the plot!

Edit - this is 100% not worth it, just look at the requirements on the benfica one before you start the others. With the formation, requirements and chem it’s actually cheaper to do the guaranteed tots sbc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gonna skip weekend league.

Not knowing if the Best Of stuff is continuing, and I realized after packing Son today that there’s only bout a dozen possible reds who’d get near my squad now.

Will do some work towards Martial

77k for marquee matchups!!

They’ve lost the plot!

Edit - this is 100% not worth it, just look at the requirements on the benfica one before you start the others. With the formation, requirements and chem it’s actually cheaper to do the guaranteed tots sbc.

The other ones are decent enough value, rare mixed players pack which always seems to give me decent returns. Think this’ll be the first time this year that I’ll skip MM though.. mad requirements for Benfica one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Look forward to seeing you around next year!

Show us your final squad?

Thanks man.

Final squad is linked below:

https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/17479460

4ce70e567596058744000e55797a682b.png

I used to start FUT Birthday Hernandez (CB) and Headliner Werner (ST) for chemistry purposes and sub them off immediately for Neymar and Hummels.

Are we expecting anything big this evening?

Been throwing a lot into the guaranteed TOTS but nothing of note to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Jordan Henderson has been announced as FWA Player of year so may be a SBC for that? Still no sign of the rumoured Sissoko summer heat but as that promo is ending tonight will we see it?

I’d expect something yeah, I think we’ll see “best of “ cards in packs, either summer heat continued or futties.

When I say “best of” I mean the best version of every player in packs, it’s possibly a little early for that but I think to time with the fifa21 promo yesterday they’ll bombard us with loads of specials in packs and great pack weight to have people feeling good about fifa and ultimately signing up again.

I’d expect something yeah, I think we’ll see “best of “ cards in packs, either summer heat continued or futties.

When I say “best of” I mean the best version of every player in packs, it’s possibly a little early for that but I think to time with the fifa21 promo yesterday they’ll bombard us with loads of specials in packs and great pack weight to have people feeling good about fifa and ultimately signing up again.

Yeah, like there’s one or two SBCs I was thinking of doing like Lenglet and Ribery but chances are there’ll be a better objective players available soon enough the way things have gone

Anything short of that will be a complete turn off really. They've opened the can of worms by making packs so brilliant right now. If it goes back to just "TOTW and nothing else", it's going to be such a death of the game.

• Advertisement

They have to release a PIM SBC today really

Oh damn. I hope you kept some of your fodder, Lord TSC.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1286647478217998338?s=21

They can't even just give us a PIM pack even though most PIMs aren't as good as SH cards anyway, they have to water it down with Primes too.

Haha even still they can’t just make it moments, there’s a possibility it won’t be.
    Anyway, will be sinking all my remaining fodder into it :)

Yeah, had a sneaky feeling alright if we were to get a moments SBC, it’d be mixed with something else. EA definitely aren’t that nice to their player base :pac:

Awesome! I've got a good 20 or so TOTS cards to pump in.

If they leave the "Best ofs" in packs, these will be ultra easy too.

Gonna absolutely churn through these. Have 650k too. So going to just grind through them :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Awesome! I've got a good 20 or so TOTS cards to pump in.

If they leave the "Best ofs" in packs, these will be ultra easy too.

Gonna absolutely churn through these. Have 650k too. So going to just grind through them :)

I’ve a feeling we’ll see the 85-92 sbc return too but not til Monday or so.
    I’d stock up on golds that you can get at 600 or less.
    Last time it was 2 segments, with 7 golds in each.

I mean it was great for a moment because I ran a La Liga side as my main all season, but now everyone has the same team as me :D even if they’ve only played for a month

• Advertisement

Hmm with no special Irish cards in sight I might do that Thomas Delaney SBC and allow him into the team based on his name alone

Advertisement