Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Liamalone wrote: »
    Started off WL 5-0, was two nil down in three of them. This rubber band elo craic is gonna also me hard when I go back on.

I'm really liking Figo 92 RM, just does the simple things well and gives Ronaldo full chem. 89 Sol Campbell has made his way into the starting eleven to get TotS Lala full chem and I'm impressed with both of them.

Can't believe I have Messi nif on the bench now lol.

9-6 for this evening after 6-0, took a couple of hammerings then lol. So 14-8 which smashes my previous ratio. Quality has dipped for sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Managed G2 today, I was away for the weekend and only had 4 games played on Friday, finished the other 24 after the premier league.

WLResults27-07.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Liamalone wrote: »
    9-6 for this evening after 6-0, took a couple of hammerings then lol. So 14-8 which smashes my previous ratio. Quality has dipped for sure.

Finished 20-10, we were 17:10 and then found some red bull, wings were had, goals were had.

Kept half a note, Modric at CAM (14 n 15) kept pace with PIM Crespo (17 n 13) and TotS Cristiano (21 n 12) - both at ST might I add - in the goals and assists to be fair. So then he gets the Players Award for performance. Good lad.

I wish I had an English player to give an award to because an English team won the league, but sorry, not happening.

First time keeping an eye on the stats, makes me realise how good FB Modric 96 is. So many recovery tackles too. All rounder.

Edit : I usually scrape 17, 20 was the new 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

From the new loading screen it does look like this preseason promo will also be a “best of”, so hang onto any packs til Wednesday for those of us still playing

https://twitter.com/bateson87/status/1287795182629462016?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    From the new loading screen it does look like this preseason promo will also be a “best of”, so hang onto any packs til Wednesday for those of us still playing

https://twitter.com/bateson87/status/1287795182629462016?s=21

Jesus. I thought it’d be a new promo at least, rather than a re-hash of old cards. Or even some kind of promo to earn stuff for next FIFA. Have Neymar, last I checked he was sitting at 4.2m. Not sure if I should sell or not.

• Advertisement

Jesus. I thought it’d be a new promo at least, rather than a re-hash of old cards. Or even some kind of promo to earn stuff for next FIFA. Have Neymar, last I checked he was sitting at 4.2m. Not sure if I should sell or not.

I think it’ll be a mix of everything. Specials in packs and drop rates will be great, then they’ll bring back older sbc’s at a fraction of the previous cost and yeah I imagine there’ll def rewards linked to fifa 21, last year it was just tifos and stuff but if they were really smart they’d let you earn something like a otw or rttf card for fifa 21.
    Anyone on the fence about fifa 21 could be very easily swayed if they’d earned a special card or 2 for new game

Interesting that toty cards look like they’ll be in packs again too.

I’d imagine all cards, including Neymar will drop when back in packs but remember the tax and all on really expensive cards.

I think it’ll be a mix of everything. Specials in packs and drop rates will be great, then they’ll bring back older sbc’s at a fraction of the previous cost and yeah I imagine there’ll def rewards linked to fifa 21, last year it was just tifos and stuff but if they were really smart they’d let you earn something like a otw or rttf card for fifa 21.
    Anyone on the fence about fifa 21 could be very easily swayed if they’d earned a special card or 2 for new game

Interesting that toty cards look like they’ll be in packs again too.

I’d imagine all cards, including Neymar will drop when back in packs but remember the tax and all on really expensive cards.

Yeah, he’s dropped now to 3.7m-ish, so I’ll prob just hold out. Great card tho and can’t see any potential replacements. I’ll enjoy the rest of the game playing with my best possible squad.

Yeah, he’s dropped now to 3.7m-ish, so I’ll prob just hold out. Great card tho and can’t see any potential replacements. I’ll enjoy the rest of the game playing with my best possible squad.

That’s exactly it, at this stage you’re better off just having the players you want than money in the bank.
    I’ve lost nearly 2mil on Ben yedder since I bought him but I’m not going to sell him so it doesn’t matter much.

Interestingly moments Eusebio is gone up 4mill since I bought him, got him at 9.6m, cheapest on market now is 13.7.
    That’s just crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

That’s exactly it, at this stage you’re better off just having the players you want than money in the bank.
    I’ve lost nearly 2mil on Ben yedder since I bought him but I’m not going to sell him so it doesn’t matter much.

Interestingly moments Eusebio is gone up 4mill since I bought him, got him at 9.6m, cheapest on market now is 13.7.
    That’s just crazy!

paying the tax on that would hurt me more than the feel good of the profit :D there should be a cap on the tax 5% up to a certain amount imo is alot better than 5% uncapped FU tax that ea uses now :D

That’s just crazy!

Jesus, that’s mental :pac: I’ve made a fair few coins this year but still not enough for Eusebio. Hope they bring back the SBCs for 21.

Actually had some good gameplay as well for the handful of games I played yday and today. Really enjoyed using Neymar and Ben Yedder with James and Dembele on the wings.. think I’m starting to figure out how to get the wide CAMs involved more in a 4231.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not played for a few days now. Want that Storyline Martial but struggling to actually motivate myself to play.

Looking forward to the promo though, and getting back to SBC grinding :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not played for a few days now. Want that Storyline Martial but struggling to actually motivate myself to play.

Looking forward to the promo though, and getting back to SBC grinding :P

Hope the 85-92 upgrade packs come back... I’ll be in the money then. Been sitting on 200 of them for two weeks or so now :pac:

Also, not sure if anyone else has seen but I’ve just seen 3 people get a R9 moments for watching the Twitch South American stream.. definitely a first.

Hope the 85-92 upgrade packs come back... I’ll be in the money then. Been sitting on 200 of them for two weeks or so now :pac:

Also, not sure if anyone else has seen but I’ve just seen 3 people get a R9 moments for watching the Twitch South American stream.. definitely a first.

I think we’ll get the 85-92 back, I think the next couple of weeks will be very fun in terms of packing specials etc.

First New Icon pack.

Crespo.

Did 20 of the older ones, so planning to do even more of these :P

Man city won their 4th league game in a row on 21st July.
    Sterling and walker still haven’t received their upgrade to headliner card 8 days later.

Joke of a company!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Man city won their 4th league game in a row on 21st July.
    Sterling and walker still haven’t received their upgrade to headliner card 8 days later.

Joke of a company!

Masuaku and Trezeguet got their +1 upgrades after West Ham vs Villa draw but I hadn’t realised Walkers Headliners which I have was due an upgrade too - I’m heading over to EAs twitter to tell them to upgrade now and give free packs as compo otherwise we riot - that’s what most people tend to do lol

Really, really curious how tonight pans out.

Want "Best versions of every card now available in packs".
    Expecting "Ultimate TOTS/TOTY with about 15 cards that are impossible to pack are in packs!"

Confirmed:
    https://twitter.com/futdonk/status/1288474803205287937?s=21

Looks like it’ll be a summer heat part 2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

"Batch release" means we won't be getting every special card in packs, it'll be done in weekly batches again just like Summer Heat.....which makes me question what makes this any different to Summer Heat

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1288474513273950214?s=20

Also of all TOTY cards to pick they choose one that isn't even that player's best card, KdB has a 99 :pac:

• Advertisement

"Batches" means they can drag stuff out over multiple weeks for "engagement". If they dropped everything at once, theyd get a massive spike initially, and we'd all be bored within a week cause everyone would literally have whatever team they wanted. It's the end of July, and they STILL have to put gates on things....

LOAN PACKS :rolleyes:

There's a lot of dross 90+ rated TOTSSF players tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Tonnes of 90+ dross in that for sure. And that’s before you take into consideration how many were then immediately eclipsed by the obj & SBC SH players everyone has now.

Fair point. If it’s repeatable and low rated or something, might be decent. Promo really just seems like a summer heat minus the summer heat cards :pac:

EA just tweeted it’s gonna be 99 KDB in packs not his TOTY.

Oh wow, UCL and UEL live cards got boosted. Kent is now an 87.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

that is a very nice 93 rated valverde sbc for 83 rated squad

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

What was released then?

• Advertisement

List of special cards in packs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FkW6s2y7Ms9sDiX5RpmCRGvhcTyxUoVamGGBunY-SPg/htmlview?usp=sharing&pru=AAABc7-YLF0*-HjrGTXv_wBSQaWhrlZ-bA

Also seems everyone gets a 5 pack of TOTY Loan cards, to do an objective that needs goals scored with TOTY cards.

Said objectives earn a Rare Player Pack, and a 5 x 500 coin boost for FUT 21.

Advertisement