Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭terryrogers

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Well for the likes of Cassidy today I wouldn't be totally against it as it was borderline criminal.

Deegan was bad, but not as bad as Cassidy.

Murphy was grand compared to both.

I'm just confused as it seems that Murphy has been singled out here by TSG where as Cassidy & Deegan are getting away scot-free.

Cooper and Kavanagh were the football panellists and were largely positive in their analysis. They spoke mainly about Tipps/Cavans great displays and didn't really criticise the losing teams or referees.

Donal 'ultra negative' Og on the other hand loves sticking the boot in to referees, I'd love to see him throw on the black jersey and give it a shot. I remember listening to him commentating on Radio 1 a few years ago and spending most of the game ridiculing Brian Gavin, even calling him overweight. I wouldn't mind but it was a great game that he made sound awful. Total earache of a commentator/pundit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

That is only a portion of what he said but no matter... why would Sheedy say that if it had no impact? The fact that Sheedy mentioned it means he's questioning Murphy's character and believes something compromising could have happened. It's very bad form from him and he should be pulled for it. The Limerick and Clare game was refereed by a Tipp man and when playing Limerick the ref missed a pick off the ground and thrown ball from Tipp. It's a diversion tactic to take away from Barrett's brain fart to get himself sent off for a completely stupid tackle. Also, Sheedy should have changed the defence around or made subs to not put a corner back on a yellow in that situation. But let's put the spotlight on Murphy to hide Tipperary's failings :rolleyes:

Really? That's it, is it? hahaha

There's a serious issue here. People asked questions about the appointment for the Wexford/Tipp game too. It's happening too often and needs to be addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

This reads like something Rudy Giulani would come out with. Are you casting aspersions on the ref?

h2005 wrote: »
    This reads like something Rudy Giulani would come out with. Are you casting aspersions on the ref?

No, I'm pointing out how you can read anything into anything. Including drawing ridiculous conclusions about what Liam Sheedy was saying and wasn't saying.

And, I'm also saying Liam Sheedy can question appointments of refs from counties still involved in the competition without questioning Galway's victory or a ref. He is pointing at the practice - he has faced it twice in two years.

I'm also pointing out that Limerick GAA is being investigated on numerous levels - that's just a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭cave_dweller

You'll have plenty of time to Google some more stuff over the next few days and weeks anyway... Limerick and Galway will focus on their hurling :p;)

• Advertisement

You'll have plenty of time to Google some more stuff over the next few days and weeks anyway... Limerick and Galway will focus on their hurling :p;)

Best of luck to both of them. Very good teams.

And their GAA boards also be facing investigations - both counties. Don't think the Galway one is finished either.

formerlyET wrote: »
    No, I'm pointing out how you can read anything into anything. Including drawing ridiculous conclusions about what Liam Sheedy was saying and wasn't saying.

And, I'm also saying Liam Sheedy can question appointments of refs from counties still involved in the competition without questioning Galway's victory or a ref. He is pointing at the practice - he has faced it twice in two years.

I'm also pointing out that Limerick GAA is being investigated on numerous levels - that's just a fact.

But why didn't he question the appointment of a Tipp referee for the match that decided who Tipp faced in the Munster semi. Why wait until Tipp are knocked out to air his views on this practice, or why didn't he mention it after last year's All Ireland? And at what point of the championship is it not okay for a referee to officiate if their county is still in the championship? Maybe he thinks Paid O'Dwyer & John Keenan should have reffed every game this year :-)

But why didn't he question the appointment of a Tipp referee for the match that decided who Tipp faced in the Munster semi. Why wait until Tipp are knocked out to air his views on this practice, or why didn't he mention it after last year's All Ireland? And at what point of the championship is it not okay for a referee to officiate if their county is still in the championship? Maybe he thinks Paid O'Dwyer & John Keenan should have reffed every game this year :-)

Read that back to yourself. I've already responded to that numerous times in posts.

Read that back to yourself. I've already responded to that numerous times in posts.

No you haven't, I'll ask again... Why wait until Tipp are knocked out to air his views on referee appointments, or why didn't he mention it after last year's All Ireland? And at what point of the championship is it not okay for a referee to officiate if their county is still in the championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,075 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

That Limerick stuff is about Gardai possibly getting cases dropped for Limerick GAA players.

It has nothing to do with corruption in the GAA involving matches or match fixing as you make it look and your post is slanderous muck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Best of luck to both of them. Very good teams.

And their GAA boards also be facing investigations - both counties. Don't think the Galway one is finished either.

A very serious investigation, international in fact, will very likely take place soon regarding the Tipp sponsor Teneo and its's CEO/Boss who happens to be a brother of a North Tipp TD, if you want to go down that road....
    Just saying like...;);)

breezy1985 wrote: »
    That Limerick stuff is about Gardai possibly getting cases dropped for Limerick GAA players.

It has nothing to do with corruption in the GAA involving matches or match fixing as you make it look and your post is slanderous muck

All that is true. Also I didn't mention, there has been a recent investigation into match fixing in Limerick Sport by the Anti-Corruption Unit and the Garda National Economic Crime Bureau. Linked to gangs?

washman3 wrote: »
    A very serious investigation, international in fact, will very likely take place soon regarding the Tipp sponsor Teneo and its's CEO/Boss who happens to be a brother of a North Tipp TD, if you want to go down that road....
    Just saying like...;);)

What are the details?

I'm talking about facts here - linked to Limerick sport. Actual police documented police activity involved in Limerick sport and GAA.

I'm not making stuff up like.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,075 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

All that is true. Also I didn't mention, there has been a recent investigation into match fixing in Limerick Sport by the Anti-Corruption Unit and the Garda National Economic Crime Bureau. Linked to gangs?

Ya a soccer team. So how about we keep this thread about the All Ireland and you take this crap somewhere else

breezy1985 wrote: »

But what else is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

This thread is for discussion of the All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2020,not a vehicle for you to lay out every off field criminal investigation involving GAA players.

seligehgit wrote: »
    This thread is for discussion of the All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2020 not a vehicle for you to lay out every off field criminal investigation involving GAA players.

That's very true :) I apologise. I thought it was interesting. I'll open a separate thread when it develops. It'll be long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Donal Og should be asked why he gave a character witness for a convicted child sex offender and yet remains a pundit on RTE.

That might soften his cough a bit.

Washman3.........

I’m not a major donal og fan but I think you have over stepped the mark with your reference above.[/QUOTE]

If Donal Og can question the integrity of an amateur referee then i have no problem questioning his and will never make any apologies for it.
    He should not have been reinstated as a TV pundit, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

That's very true :) I apologise. I thought it was interesting. I'll open a separate thread when it develops. It'll be long.

Same would be very ill advised on your part until after any potential/pending court cases have finished.

This is a GAA as opposed to a legal forum.

washman3 wrote: »
    Washman3.........

I’m not a major donal og fan but I think you have over stepped the mark with your reference above.

If Donal Og can question the integrity of an amateur referee then i have no problem questioning his and will never make any apologies for it.
    He should not have been reinstated as a TV pundit, end of.[/QUOTE]

I'm no fan of donal og. But i don't think he questioned the integrity of the referee. He questioned the process of appointing refs. He also asked why wouldn't refs explain decisions afterwards. This is a soccer/tv thing, i think.

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Same would be very ill advised on your part until after any potential/pending court cases have finished.

This is a GAA as opposed to a legal forum.

All I did was mention things reported on in national newspapers. I wasn't speculating or mentioning names. And I'll definitely wait until there's a resolution. Serious forces involved at a European level - there'll be an outcome in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

This thread has had a a strange weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

He should not have been reinstated as a TV pundit, end of.

I'm no fan of donal og. But i don't think he questioned the integrity of the referee. He questioned the process of appointing refs. He also asked why wouldn't refs explain decisions afterwards. This is a soccer/tv thing, i think.[/quote]

He did question the integrity of the referee in my view by bringing it up on national TV and was completely out of order on this. Liam Sheedy was talking immediately after a match with the adrenalin pumping through his veins so was in the wrong but maybe an allowance should be made, but Cusack (with no dog in the fight) was casting shade on the integrity of the referee the day after the event and should have been pulled up his comments more.

As an aside, the analysis of the Waterford Clare game was poor from both analysts (the ex Galway manager doesn't add much does he) , and didn't give enough praise to Waterford, with the primary focus on Tony Kelly and his injury.

Likewise the comment about Stephen O'Keeffe being disappointed about his reaction to the second goal (probably fair) wasnt replicated about Ken Hogan who had quite a bad day at the office when he looks back at the goals Tipp conceded. Of course Brendan Cummins from Tipp wasn't going to say that yesterday either...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Whenseptends

On barrett's sending off, 1st yellow card ref booked the wrong man. It was Brendan maher, who struck galway players foot while attempting to block him down.

Barrett 2nd yellow deserved, silly put himself in the position, also he was stopping a goal chance as galway forward had run inside.

Nothing about, John McGrath eye gouging daithi burke in the last play of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Limerick won’t fear much.

Can’t understand what David Burke’s position was 1st half. Thought it a bit strange.

Galway were going to get a trimming until Barret walked.

Galway still have more potential, but unlikely to find it by next weekend

Disagree, they were coming back at tipp, made it easier for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

threeball wrote: »
    He just played two games in 7 days and contributed 28 pts.

There's no doubt Joe's injuries are affecting him in open play but still has the skill.

Super pick up and hand pass for the 1st goal
    The run and pass at the end for Flynn's point
    His closing down to win the ball in that play

give him the ball and a small bit of space and he'll usually pop it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Nothing about, John McGrath eye gouging daithi burke in the last play of the game.

Or the fact Murphy had the easiest decision in the game to send off Morris for clipping Mannions helmet when he struck for a point in the first half and did nothing.

But to be fair every manager/player/supporter has selective thought process when it comes to refereeing decisions.

For you = good
    Against you= bad

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Perinho

benji79 wrote: »
    Johnny Murphy ref for Galway-Tipp is a potentially messy scenario if there’s anything controversial as he’s a Limerick man who more than likely the winner plays. Not saying he’s do anything deliberate but it’s setting him up to be accused of it. You’d think the people making appointments would be cuter than that

You called it Benji79..

A bit rich out of Sheedy to be moaning about having a Limerick too, does he not remember that Fergal Horgan reffed the Clare Limerick game prior to the winner facing Tipp in the Munster semi?

Would have been difficult to pick a Munster ref from a non-participating team for the Clare-Limerick game.
    I'm saying a Munster referee for the Munster quarter final as the Leinster quarter final (Laois & Dublin) had a Leinster ref (Paud O'Dwyer)

It's Monday the 23/November 2020 and British soliders didn't attack a crowd yesterday. #b100dysunday
    We've hurling to look forward to again this weekend.
    Limerick and Kilkenny are surely favourites?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    A big feather in Herritys cap, Offaly invested heavily in Fennelly and Kelly, they'd have expected to win it quite comfortably. Are some of the Kildare underage hurling clubs still playing a bit of league in Kilkenny?

Not sure anyone responded to this but last time Naas played was in 2017. They were entered in 2018 but didn't fulfill any of their fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Really looking forward to semi finals. I get a feeling Galway will take Limerick but it’s a hard game to call really

For me it will be a Kilkenny vs Galway all Ireland final

Advertisement